Going for Yamaha FZS.. Any known issues?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hey Guys,

My cousin is going for FZS, we are going tomorrow for checking the availability and pricing etc.. but I wanted to know if there are any known issues with the bike cause the Sales Representative will never tell these :p

City Ride - To and fro to office is the main purpose.

whats the average millage you guys get?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
totally OT:

dont know about issues but i've loved the bike every time i've ridden it.. the best in its class... smooth.. btw, i find the fz-16 a better looker :D

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Low average 35-40
poor price to performance ratio

But looks very sexy, great handler, refined engine and leans as much as you want :D

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
totally OT:

dont know about issues but i've loved the bike every time i've ridden it.. the best in its class... smooth.. btw, i find the fz-16 a better looker :D
my cousin wants FZ-16.. I told him to get FZS as I liked the color scheme.

Low average 35-40
poor price to performance ratio

But looks very sexy, great handler, refined engine and leans as much as you want :D

yes my brother told me about the low mileage.. if mileage was the case then I suggested him to go for a 100 CC bike :p. I told him mileage doesn't matter as its the bike he wants.. anyway petrol is gonna hit Rs. 100 soon :p

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
My brother wanted Silver Red but its stopped. so he is going for Black/Green

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^I saw a white-blue combo, and it was looking cooool. Never saw it again though.

PS: I have heard mileage issues upto 20kmpl.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
20kmpl?? I dont think so, vehicle will be a disaster if it was that low..

price is about 87K on road.. with finance it come just above 1L ..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^I heard 20kmpl in just one case, although my cousin is having it and says its fine (~35).

PS: Finance sucks. I suggest never to go for it.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ doesn't matter what bike you are buying with finance it becomes expensive.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I've got a year old FZ-16. Here are a few pointers:

The Good:

1. Great looks.
2. Extremely stable and a snappy handler, thanks, in part, to the fat rear tyre.
3. Performance is pretty decent if you can overlook the price tag and the 150 CC mill.

The Bad:

1. If you drive in the rains, the pillion's legs get covered in mud. Yes, the rear tyre throws a lot of dirt/mud on to the sides.
2. FE is around 35-40 in the city.
3. Your knees are under a lot of stress while riding. Gets painful after a while.
4. Not meant for long distance rides, AT ALL. Sore butt ahoy.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I've got a year old FZ-16. Here are a few pointers:

The Good:

1. Great looks.
2. Extremely stable and a snappy handler, thanks, in part, to the fat rear tyre.
3. Performance is pretty decent if you can overlook the price tag and the 150 CC mill.

The Bad:

1. If you drive in the rains, the pillion's legs get covered in mud. Yes, the rear tyre throws a lot of dirt/mud on to the sides.
2. FE is around 35-40 in the city.
3. Your knees are under a lot of stress while riding. Gets painful after a while.
4. Not meant for long distance rides, AT ALL. Sore butt ahoy.

Thanks..

My brother is 5'10", not sure about if he will also face knee problem.. his primary use if office travel 40-50 KM/day .

Not meant for long distance rides, AT ALL. Sore butt ahoy.

ill tell him to go on long drives. time for some revenge :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Thanks..

My brother is 5'10", not sure about if he will also face knee problem.. his primary use if office travel 40-50 KM/day .

Actually that has to do with the riding position; it's quite sporty and your knees are literally bent like this while riding - <.
For short distances (like the regular office commute) you won't notice it initially. But after a year or so you'll definitely realize that something's wrong. :p

aniket.cain

Padawan
I have a 8 months old FZ-S, and for a 150CC bike, there is not very much to complain about. Gives me a mileage of around 35-36 (in Hyderabad, city-traffic only), which I don't mind like some people do.
It is really great for city commutes - extremely stable and snappy handling.
I don't feel any issues in my knees (I am not tall), but my palm starts to hurt a little after long rides. Guess I need some cushioned grips for the handle bars. :)

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
also consider the servicing part... Yamaha parts are damn costly and had bad experience in Bangalore service center. Even, Pillion seat is not comfortable

d3p

PowerHouse
My Rommie has FZ16 bought 6months back.

He is getting almost FE of 40+ till date. Nothing much to complain about, but pillion rider gonna cry if she/he is 5.8ft+.
Very bad choice if considered for long trip even 40+KMS also.

Good handling overall & great road grips. PITA during rain season as it throws lot of mud from the front Tyre too.

Doesn't matter how good the service is & how well its driven, this bike becomes a crap after 2yrs.. Even worst than bajaj IMO.

In bangalore, FZ16 might cost you close 85k & 87k for FZS. I would suggest you to have a look at Pulsar 220NS which cost close 97k & waiting period of two weeks.

For 5'10, Pulsar 220NS will be a nice option, just another street bull.

If looking for a bike with hell lot of reliability, than get a Standard Bullet 350CC. 3months waiting period. Cost little over 120k. Mileage & performance will take your cousin to a different world. Maintenance might be a issue. Specially the rusting part. Otherwise A BULLET IS MADE LIKE A BULLET.

Top Bottom