Going for MTNL Triband...which modem to opt for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
I have a question regarding this download limit. I have taken the 749 plan which gives me 5Gb of download limit. Now if i say download a 700 Mb movie using torrents and in that download time i have uploaded say 300Mb will the total transfer of 1000 MB be counted for the 5GB limit or only the 700 MB will be counted ??

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I have a question regarding this download limit. I have taken the 749 plan which gives me 5Gb of download limit. Now if i say download a 700 Mb movie using torrents and in that download time i have uploaded say 300Mb will the total transfer of 1000 MB be counted for the 5GB limit or only the 700 MB will be counted ??
They can count upload data also.

afonofa

Journeyman
^^I did not fill any form for triband. I just called them on 1500 and told them that i need a triband connection. The lady asked me what plan, router wanted or not etc and gave me a ticket# sort of. They told me i will get a call the next day from MTNL guy to confirm the booking. But i received the call in just 10 minutes. Told them that it is confirmed. They told that they will call back when ACTUALLY the connection will get activated(that may be > 1 mnth according to IMO).

BTW what if they offer me connection in the middle of the month. I mean, i have a 749 plan with 5GB download plan. So if they suppose activate my connection on say 15th of the month they will give me download of 2.5GB, right ?
Is there any way i can calculate this thing ?
Then take the latest telephone bill and the ticket number (may or may not be needed) with you if you go the telephone exchange regarding the router.

You will not get the full 5GB of download if they activate the connection on the 15th of the month.
Code:
I think this is how MTNL calculates it for the first month

{(5GB*1024MB / n) * a} / 1024MB = d

where
n = number of days in the current month
a = number of days since service has been activated
d = free data download available in the first month (in GB)

MTNL could also assume 1GB = 1000MB instead of 1024MB

From start of the Triband service till today, MTNL does not count the uploaded data as part of the monthly free data download limit. So if you download 700MB and upload 300MB, only 700MB will be deducted from your free download limit.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Yes, it is counted.

afonofa

Journeyman
Upload is not counted as part of the free download in Triband. Uploading is free. Check out the Triband FAQ #17 and #19.

Uploading is free :)

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
It is calculated in the total volume but not for the accounted volume, in short its counted but not charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom