God vs Devil

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
I have one question to all:
"We all know that God is good, and that the Devil is evil. But how is the Devil evil if he punishes the bad? Doesn't that put him on God's side?"

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Quite a tricky question, but since i am not a believer of god, can't say much.

But, with common sense, i could say "Yes, if he punishes a bad guy, he is a good guy".

It's like evil/good in human. And if that stands correct God/Evil are same. When he is doing good things, he is called as GOD, when the same guy does something wrong, we call him Devil. Isn't it?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Quite a tricky question, but since i am not a believer of god, can't say much.

But, with common sense, i could say "Yes, if he punishes a bad guy, he is a good guy".

It's like evil/good in human. And if that stands correct God/Evil are same. When he is doing good things, he is called as GOD, when the same guy does something wrong, we call him Devil. Isn't it?
Kind of, I'm referring to the devil himself, who we believe opposes god, he's in every religion and punishes bad people, so why is he considered a bad guy, on the other hand god does not punish bad guys even when he can, so why is he good?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Kind of, I'm referring to the devil himself, who we believe opposes god, he's in every religion and punishes bad people, so why is he considered a bad guy, on the other hand god does not punish bad guys even when he can, so why is he good?

Well in that case, yes both of them is in same league then.

Devil punish bad guys, but not only bad guys.
God helps good guys and even bad guys.

In that case, we simply cannot say Devil is good but we can say god is bad.... :D

abhidev

Human Spambot
IMO the diff is that god tends to give a bad guy another chance to fix his mistakes by doing something good and whereas devil is concerned he is not bothered abt it all....'that person has done something bad...then he must be punished....'

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

And which religious beliefs you base "devil" on. Iblīs (Islam) ? Antichrist (Christianity) ?

In Hinduism, Buddhism there's no "devil" or "satan" as such.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
In Islam, Iblis (Shaitan) is not a punisher, he's the "bad being" who encourages the beings of the world to commit sins. Antrichrist in Christianity is somewhat complicated really.

In case of punishments et al, as far as Hinduism is concerned, Shani punishes during your life and Yama, the god of death punishes in afterlife. Both are gods, and are prayed to.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
"We all know that God is good, and that the Devil is evil. But how is the Devil evil if he punishes the bad? Doesn't that put him on God's side?"

How can you say devil punishes the bad? Actually he is promoting them:grin:

sygeek

Technomancer
Technically speaking, the devil actually is like a conscience (but at the same time it is a being too, now I don't want to get in the details) in the mind, inner bad voice. So, the devil makes the person bad by making him choose the wrong/bad decision. Devil can't PUNISH you directly (and probably won't)..Like HEY YOU BAD GUY OVER THERE, HELL YEAH! YOU! GET A PIECE OF MY .... YOU SON OF A ..... (it is up to your mind to what you fill over there, don't blame me for inappropriateness).

Last edited:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
devil is about bad ways and revenge, etc. i liked the concept of devil in the silent hill games and movies where the devil resides in a girl child and takes revenge on the people who burned her body(but luckily was still alive) as a part of witch burning cult. the pain and revenge in the child gives the devil a host and results in the downfall of the town silent hill. according to it, the devil inside the child could only hurt people against whom she kept vengeance.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Not really.

The devil makes good human turn against God. He tempts them to sin. Basically believers of God, are made to be evil.

In Islam, Iblis (Shaitan) is not a punisher, he's the "bad being" who encourages the beings of the world to commit sins. Antrichrist in Christianity is somewhat complicated really.

You can read the last book from the Bible (New Testament) --- Revelations. That is primarily where the anti christ is mentioned. Also the books of Daniel and John 1,2 -- 2:22 mentions it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
devil is about bad ways and revenge, etc. i liked the concept of devil in the silent hill games and movies where the devil resides in a girl child and takes revenge on the people who burned her body(but luckily was still alive) as a part of witch burning cult. the pain and revenge in the child gives the devil a host and results in the downfall of the town silent hill. according to it, the devil inside the child could only hurt people against whom she kept vengeance.

I like that game and how good and bad are just relative terms.

sygeek

Technomancer
killing guys is bad, but killing an enemy soldier is not.
you really opened a can of worms, tkin
Going on a killing spree and killing innocent lives = Bad.
Defending oneself or his region (killing an enemy soldier) = Not Bad

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol..

doomgiver

Warframe
Going on a killing spree and killing innocent lives = Bad.
Defending oneself or his region (killing an enemy soldier) = Not Bad

who has made the region? man. is not the enemy soldier innocent? what wrong has he done? and who says that "innocents" are really "innocent"? how do you know that the person has not stolen, beaten their kids/spouse, troubled their old parents, evaded taxes, helped in a murder?

no one is truly innocent, that is why everyone gets scared when the law calls at their door. they are afraid.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
who has made the region? man. is not the enemy soldier innocent? what wrong has he done?
It doesn't matter. The enemy soldier if not captured will kill your own and citizens as well. Unless the soldier surrenders, he is a threat and you are simply defending yourself and your nation.

and who says that "innocents" are really "innocent"? how do you know that the person has not stolen, beaten their kids/spouse, troubled their old parents, evaded taxes, helped in a murder?

no one is truly innocent, that is why everyone gets scared when the law calls at their door. they are afraid.
Innocent unless proven guilty.

lol :p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Devil: Lives in Hell.All Sinful Souls goes to Hell.

GOD: Lives in Heaven.All Sacred Souls goes to Heaven

GOD is there so is Devil....
& also Divinity is there...

Do u know that Fairies did existed

But Zombies doesnt exists

sygeek

Technomancer
who has made the region? man. is not the enemy soldier innocent? what wrong has he done? and who says that "innocents" are really "innocent"? how do you know that the person has not stolen, beaten their kids/spouse, troubled their old parents, evaded taxes, helped in a murder?

This argument is stupid to be honest. I know, you don't really feel that's true. You're saying it JUST for the sake of the argument (where I find indirect indications to Science vs. God argument).

So let us put it like this:
A brave man joins a group of brave people whose purpose serves to defend his group and attack during specific conditions. Does this feel justified?
Now we have a second group, where a brave man joins a group of brave people whose purpose serves defend his group and attack during specific conditions.

There comes a point in time when both of the groups find each other guilty in a way and go on a war. What happens is that the man who joined the second group kills the man of the other group (the war's still continuing). Now, if he hadn't done that the enemy would have invaded over his land and killed other people.

What was he doing?

Defending his country, saving his people.

What if he would have lost?

Same thing, the other way around.

Who was the right group in the war?

Both of them, they were right in their own way. Similarly they may have been even wrong too.

Now the other question, Can I kill you just because you're not innocent in your real life?
I'm sure you must have committed thousands of sins in your real life, pirated movies, hurt people, etc. Can I kill you for that? If you agree with what you said then you just gave me that right.

But in reality The Law owns that right, The Law decides if someone is wrong or right, and then it punishes the person accordingly. Although The Law sometimes can be wrong and sloppy (corrupted judges, mostly in India) but that is a WHOLE different case.

If you feel I'm wrong then go blame Barack Obama too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom