God of War III Media blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
GoW2 is the title that made peoples buy a playstation2 during its hard time. Now here comes GoW3 to save the sony from the losses of this fiscal year. There is on doubt saying GoW3 Is a complete saviour of ps3. It will be the game, showing which the ps3 owners could raise their head in pride.

amitash

Intel OCer
the game looks brilliant... Still its not worth buying a ps3 for it...no cheap games if u know what i mean

@vamsikrishna919:
GoW2 is the title that made peoples buy a playstation2 during its hard time.
You are kidding right.The PS2 might have had hard times during its launch period but in the later years it wiped the floor with all its competitors in terms of market share and still enjoys a healthy sale.
GOW2 wasn't supposed to be on the PS2 but it did(google a little for why).
But yeah GOW3 is supposed to be the rallying cry for PS3 and its capabilities.

@amitash:Though I understand what you are trying to say but if it is anything like it's predecessors than buying PS3 just for this game is worth it IMO.

Has anybody observed how a little trailer from GOW3 overshadowed the release KZ2, I mean in online terms of course.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^That's because Killzone 1 was barely anywhere close to being called a successful game. God of War on the other hand defined the true graphical power of the Playstation 2. Not only was the first one a stellar hit but the sequel was twice better than it. With the reputation being so solid, why wouldn't the 3rd game trailer create more buzz than KZ2?

Killzone 2 had tested a lot of people's patience with it's dodgy release speculations but now it's finally here. God of War III had generated hype & buzz since the day people ended up with God of War II & knew that Kratos would come back to whoop some royal Titan ass. With stakes so high, I don't think anyone would deny that it's easily the most awaited game of the year. It's like waiting for Gears of War II on the Xbox 360. ;)

Never played any GoW game but got both? Shall I hurry through em before this one hits the scene? When is it planned to be launched?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^What the? That is a royal sin if you own a Playstation 2 & have not played/completed/touched/imagined playing God of War. :mad:

Dude stop posting & get slashing. If you honestly start playing without touching any other game, then I promise you are worthy of being in this thread. :D

@Sunny1211993:
Shall I hurry through em before this one hits the scene?
The game is most likely to hit next year so take your time but that you have them and haven't played them is beyond surprising.

Just wondering how they are going to spin the story, I mean Kratos is just a mountain slope away from slaying the gods/godesses, but they(game designers) are obviously going to throw some quest like thing in it for sure.

Sorry pal,I mistook it to be just another game but as you all are talking,it must be good. Will start from tomorrow:D

Just a little question here,is the story of Chains Of Olympus different from the main GoW story? I haven't played it on my PSP either:( (Hides in a corner,afraid of ethan and uchicha).

@rockthegod,cool pic,pwnd Xbox 360 users hard!

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@vamsikrishna919:
You are kidding right..

first, Sorry for the late replay

I don't think ps2 is on the top of consoles. During the Q1 of 2007 the first place of consoles was occupaied by X360 followed by wii,ps3 and psp and later comes the ps2(This is my pridiction). I haven't seen any people vaugly buying the playstation 2. I am dam sure that the ps2 sales will be dramatically less in 2007if the GodOfWar2 was not released as ps2 exclus2 exclusive.

More over there was no good titles during that year for playstation 2 which is obivious that it is facing a hard time.

Never played any GoW game but got both? Shall I hurry through em before this one hits the scene? When is it planned to be launched?

lolz... you are a ps2 owner and havent palyed God Of War...

sh!t.... what a insult to the brutality in you....;)

Pray to the god of war. He may forgive you for your sacrilege.;)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
first, Sorry for the late replay

I don't think ps2 is on the top of consoles. During the Q1 of 2007 the first place of consoles was occupaied by X360 followed by wii,ps3 and psp and later comes the ps2(This is my pridiction). I haven't seen any people vaugly buying the playstation 2. I am dam sure that the ps2 sales will be dramatically less in 2007if the GodOfWar2 was not released as ps2 exclus2 exclusive.

More over there was no good titles during that year for playstation 2 which is obivious that it is facing a hard time.
Allow me to cut in. Playstation 2 had never really faced much competition from any console. Even when the original Xbox was launched it still sold like hot cakes. PS2 was the only console to secure a huge part of third party & first party exclusive titles. Just check it's sales stats & you'll know how it managed to outsell even the PS3.

It's not a comparison of the next-generation console being on top in contrast to the PS2. It's pretty obvious that a next-generation console would have better processing power than it's older generation brethren. The only question is to how long can a older generation console sustain albeit facing competition from the newer generation. Microsoft had obliterated it's original Xbox from the grid once the Xbox 360 was supposed to be launched. But the PS2 is still going strong & shows no indication of stopping. This was never expected as every console has an estimated life is roughly 3-4 years (or less depending on the success). It's almost nearing a decade.

God of War II was not the reason for it's success but the original God of War & many other titles were. The original God of War was released in 2004, a time when people thought that PS2 had reached it's hardware limitations. It set a benchmark for lot of games available at that point. A lot of people bought the PS2 (and are still buying it) merely because it had a huge library of titles. God of War II was just one of the must-have titles. Even without it the console still had high amount of sales.

As for the stats, I got off from Wikipedia & it mentions that in 2006, PS2 sold around 6 million units in Europe alone & the 360 sold around 2 million units in Europe in 2006. So that shows how popular PS2 sales chart was even back when Xbox 360 was available. :)

A little correction God of War was released in 2005(March 22).

@vamsikrishna919:As I said before they didn't make GOW-2 so they could sell more PS2, *www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3172707 read up what the game director has to say.

Or the hole to Hades :D:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom