God of War III Media blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journalists were given a preview of the latest game in the God of War series.Check out what they got to see and share your thoughts on what the game should be like etc etc.
A couple of links
*www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3172781&p=

*www.gametrailers.com/game/3455.html

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just checked out the interview with the SCE Santa Monica division developers. They said it's going to be bigger & more bad ass this time round. It would be a big treat to see how enormous the Titans would be on the PS3. The new gauntlet on Kratos's hands look awesome. He could literally punch a hole into a wall with that thing. The blades of Chaos are still the default weapon I assume. Can't wait for a gameplay footage & a possible release date to be announced at the next E3.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Just seen the trailers an interviews, I am sure this game will be f00kin EPIC....Kratos is the badass-est of them all and all the earlier GOW games brewed pure adrenaline...seemed like an experience of a lifetime and wanting for more and more.....:) I am a faithful PC gamer with a strong bias to FPSes, but I love hack'n'slash ones too... GOW1/2 was the primary reason I got myself a cheap second hand PS2, GOW:COO was the reason that I got myself a slim PSP.... an now it looks like GOW3 will be the reason I will buy a PS3..... :D

Pathik

Google Bot
Superb Trailor. The Cestus looks awesome. lI hope they roll out a PSP version soon too.

Last edited:
This game is going to be epic.
It is said that the game will have about 120 pages of script so it is not going to be just kill,bash and hack etc but some good story too to backup all the mayhem.
The visuals are already good the trailer was rendered in real time *blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/13/god-of-war-iii-press-event-qa-and-new-trailer/ and the perspective that the dev team has presented on gameplay mechanics in the interviews also hints to a substantial change(the good kind :) )like being able to do wall runs,new weapons like the Cestus and presence of upto 50 enemies.

The game was said to be in 1080p from the very beginning and every teaser and trailer has also been presented in 1080p.
For those who want Full HD trailer go to *www.us.playstation.com register and grab the 1080p trailers(it's the only site that is offering the trailers at that res AFAIK).The res bump is gonna be awesome like for e.g. they have done individual modeling of Kratos's teeth and well it opens up a lot of vistas.
Well the journos have already been shown (plus released screenshots) the death of Helios, I hope we get to deal some bashing to trinity of Hades(confirmed),Poseidon and Zeus(his death is obvious at this time) and may be a titan or two, too.This game has me really amped up can't wait for E3.

@comp@ddict:Is it really that hard to read what the thread is about before commenting :confused:.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I don't think that is a real time footage. Clearly looks like a CGI made trailer. Much like the Killzone 2 fiasco that Sony pulled off a few years back. Looks very promising nevertheless. Battling hordes of enemies at once is going to be total chaos. Pray this game really pushes the envelope of graphic bar that has been set by other games out there.

I'm also curious to know what locations would be featured in this game. God of War II had a varied locations & it was presented beautifully. Also the developers added that presenting Gaia & the other titans in such high quality would be a big challenge. I hope it would be twice better than scaling Cronos in the original God of War.

Also Sony claims that this would be the last game in the franchise, which is quite shocking to be honest. Here's the link: *www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171882

*blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...d-new-trailer/
There it is given that the footage is real time and anyway if it was CGI it would have been way-way beautiful.
Well Kratos's story may end but they might do it in a way that there is a scope for something more in future like Kratos kills all gods and titan's terrified of his strength kill him but he locks them up before dying(I wonder where he or for that matter god's would go on dying).Fast Forward a few thousand years and vengeful Titans get released again and now a new God of War is needed.
It is very difficult for me to believe too, that they are going to finish the series absolutely cuz a franchise like this is a golden goose you just don't kill it.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^The links gives an Error 404 - Not Found message.

PS boards would always make those claims. They did the same thing when KZ 2 was first announced & made our jaw drop. But it did turn out to be a pretty good title in the end as evident from the reviews. That's what they are trying to do with GOW III as well. Regardless, it will certainly be a total overhaul over it's PS2 brethren.

*blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/13/god-of-war-iii-press-event-qa-and-new-trailer/
Sorry about the link before and it's not a forum link but a blog and it seems that it is managed by the company directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom