Gmail VS Y!mail

Gmail or Y! mail which do u like more

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
vish786 said:
yahoomail is easy to handle, faster, but the only problem is spam for free yahoo account:(

Believe it or not but Yahoo! Spam filter is better than Gmail. Recently Gmail has failed to recognise even easy looking spams like lottery mails and spams which contain a single image.

With Yahoo! I have hardly seen any spam reaching inbox and even vice versa I have rarely seen where a genuine mail reaches spam folder.

But in Gmail sometimes even if mail is in your contacts list sometimes I saw the mail again in spam folder too.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
aryayush said:
Yeah, but when you click on any one of the labels list in the left column, you will see only the emails marked with that label
yeah correct, tats the problem u need to click tat particular label isn't it same as yahoo folders.But there is no label for inbox in gmail, But yahoo has unique inbox view :)

aryayush said:
It loads a lot faster than Yahoo! and it has the conversations view which is sensational.

Not much faster and we dont get settings tab in gmail with html view.
wt conversations view??
aryayush said:
Everyone sends attachments by changing the extension. It is nothing new and is highly practical. Even Yahoo! does not allow you to send executable files and even zipped executable files. What will you do then? You have to use the renaming method.

I dont think every one can change extension and email and it is difficult to rename every attachements .Yahoo allows exe and zip extensions.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
cyberboy_kerala said:
yeah correct, tats the problem u need to click tat particular label isn't it same as yahoo folders.But there is no label for inbox in gmail, But yahoo has unique inbox view :)
What are you trying to say? I didn't get you. :)

cyberboy_kerala said:
Not much faster and we dont get settings tab in gmail with html view.
That is like saying Vista looks ugly in the classic view. LOL! If you want to use the interface as it was designed to be used, then use the AJAX interface. If you choose to use the HTML version, you will miss out on some features. :)

cyberboy_kerala said:
wt conversations view??
GMail shows all the emails that have been sent to and forth between you and the people you are conversing with in a neatly organised manner. You do not have to scurry along between your inbox and sent items if you want to review something in a conversation. This is very useful.

cyberboy_kerala said:
Yahoo allows exe and zip extensions.
I need a judge's ruling on this. Are you sure about this? Yahoo! may have changed their policy now but I am sure they did not allow it earlier. I have tried to send executables in the past. In fact, I am almost sure they don't allow it now either. Could someone verify this, please? :)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Just checked Yahoo! allows sending exe and zip attachments but if you send these attachments to gmail mail will bounce from gmail servers so if you need to send exe or zip from yahoo! to gmail you will need to rename extensions.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
aryayush said:
What are you trying to say? I didn't get you. :)
In gmail when you are in inbox u will see all the mails isn't? even mails labeled freinds or anything.But in yahoo u can see only new mails inbox which is not categorised which is helpful for checking new mails(which hav no labels given) easily.. this is helpful when u recive many mails a day.
aryayush said:
That is like saying Vista looks ugly in the classic view. LOL! If you want to use the interface as it was designed to be used, then use the AJAX interface. If you choose to use the HTML version, you will miss out on some features. :)
You need to read my first post, Wt i said was yahoo has full options in both ajax and html view.If yahoo can all option in both view then wats the problem with gmail.And u need to correct ur statement,Its like saying vista does't hav control panel or gpedit in classic view, vista has control panel in both view isn't.......lol
aryayush said:
GMail shows all the emails that have been sent to and forth between you and the people you are conversing with in a neatly organised manner. You do not have to scurry along between your inbox and sent items if you want to review something in a conversation. This is very useful.
tats a good one
aryayush said:
I need a judge's ruling on this. Are you sure about this? Yahoo! may have changed their policy now but I am sure they did not allow it earlier. I have tried to send executables in the past. In fact, I am almost sure they don't allow it now either. Could someone verify this, please? :)
yahoo allows exe and other extension in mails,frm 2004 as far as i can remember.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
cyberboy_kerala said:
In gmail when you are in inbox u will see all the mails isn't? even mails labeled freinds or anything.But in yahoo u can see only new mails inbox which is not categorised which is helpful for checking new mails(which hav no labels given) easily.. this is helpful when u recive many mails a day.
When you set up the filter for labeling certain emails, you can also select the option of labeling and archiving those email. They will only show up under the labels now (and in the 'All Mail' option). :)

cyberboy_kerala said:
You need to read my first post, Wt i said was yahoo has full options in both ajax and html view.If yahoo can all option in both view then wats the problem with gmail.And u need to correct ur statement,Its like saying vista does't hav control panel or gpedit in classic view, vista has control panel in both view isn't.......lol
You do not lose any features in GMail if you use the standard view either. You just lose the user friendliness of the AJAX interface.

cyberboy_kerala said:
yahoo allows exe and other extension in mails,frm 2004 as far as i can remember.
I have now realised that the reason I could not send executables through Yahoo! is that I was trying to send them to a GMail account. Thanks to navjotsingh for the tip! :)

Basically, it is different stockings for different people. But most people do prefer GMail nowadays, including me.

Last edited:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Y! mail surely introduced unlimited storage but for millions like me, its unnecassary. I mean I have only used around 330MB of 2.8GB storage of my Gmail account and I have been using Gmail from the time it was introduced so 330MB in so many days!!!

And yeah, I personally feel that the spam filter of Gmail is "ahead by leaps and bounds" from the Y! filter.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
That is a grammatically incorrect observation. Nothing can be better than what is already the best. :)

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
aryayush said:
You do not lose any features in GMail if you use the standard view either. You just lose the user friendliness of the AJAX interface.

You do lose "settings" in html view in gmail,but not with yahoo

OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
in yahoo in the new interface with ajax try changing some settings it doesnt work it tells u to go back to older version and change settings and come back

AND what is the point anyway use both gmail and yahoo mail in the way they were intended to be used with ajax support dont throw us back by 5 yrs.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
tgpraveen said:
AND what is the point anyway use both gmail and yahoo mail in the way they were intended to be used with ajax support dont throw us back by 5 yrs.

It may be required to go back to old interface in some situation,and u hav car does't mean u hav forgot to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom