Gmail VS Y!mail

Gmail or Y! mail which do u like more

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Gmail...the simple things like email conversations, POP3 access, clean intuitive interface, integration with Orkut and GTalk..I can't live without it anymore!

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Well i liked gmail in its prior stages, but now it looks so barren , as if stuff are scattered far off.

Yahoo is so polished, sleek and compact, although it sometimes gives a feeling that it is a little bit too much in too little.

The only Gmail feature i miss in Yahoo is Conversations, otherwise, even Yahoo supports Labels in the forms of Folder, although you cannot asign more than one folder in yahoo.
It is introducing Chat withing the Mail, although the featue is being rolled out slowly.
The spam recognition of yahoo is on par with google.

All in all, Yahoo lookes more professional and feels more technical than gmail.

Pathik

Google Bot
Gmail was the first to provide free pop3 access and 1 gb mailspace and all others came following it... it was the first to implement ajax properly...

Asfaq

Keyboard addict
like the barebones aspect of gmail. The integration of gtalk is brilliant IMHO. Also, the fact that google integrates your one single account into all its services is what entices me the most. True, that the same happens with yahoo too but look at the copmeting services.. orkut vs 360?, calender vs ?, reader vs ?, blogger vs 360 blog?

i rest my case.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Gmail have more features ,but hav problems

like it wont allow all extension(attachements) as tat of yahoo.

Yahoo folders is better than gmail's labels,in yahoo i can have unique view of my inbox.wer my friends emails goes to one folder and new contacts emails are in inbox, i dont think this is possible in gmail.

No Easy html signature in gmail, yahoo rocks here

Can select between Ajax and html interface in yahoo,with same kind of options. But not in gmail(limited options in html)

OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
cyberboy_kerala said:
like it wont allow all extension(attachements) as tat of yahoo.

Yahoo folders is better than gmail's labels,in yahoo i can have unique view of my inbox.wer my friends emails goes to one folder and new contacts emails are in inbox, i dont think this is possible in gmail.

Well for that gmail has filters..

in gmail there is a basic html view which does not use AJAX

and any attachement can be sent if we rename that file to *.anyrubbish

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
tgpraveen said:
Well for that gmail has filters..

in gmail there is a basic html view which does not use AJAX

and any attachement can be sent if we rename that file to *.anyrubbish

gmail hav more filters than yahoo,but gmails inbox shows all mails with different labels..dats the problem

Gmails html view hav limited options

And for attacements, its not pratical, it depends on the person on other end to change the extension

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
cyberboy_kerala said:
gmail hav more filters than yahoo,but gmails inbox shows all mails with different labels..dats the problem
Yeah, but when you click on any one of the labels list in the left column, you will see only the emails marked with that label - not very different from the folders in Yahoo! You can also set up filters to automatically label emails from your friends.

Here's a neat thing you can do in GMail but not in other email services. If you want to organise all your friends' emails under one label, give you friends this email address: email.id+friends@gmail.com. For example, if your id is sulekh, tell your friends to email you at sulekh+friends@gmail.com.
Now set up a filter to automatically labels all emails to that id. Simple. :)

cyberboy_kerala said:
Gmails html view hav limited options
It loads a lot faster than Yahoo! and it has the conversations view which is sensational. :)

cyberboy_kerala said:
And for attacements, its not pratical, it depends on the person on other end to change the extension
Everyone sends attachments by changing the extension. It is nothing new and is highly practical. Even Yahoo! does not allow you to send executable files and even zipped executable files. What will you do then? You have to use the renaming method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom