Gmail Opening - Updated with a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Greetings,

Of late opening my Gmail account using either of the two browsers has become a nightmare.( Firefox and Opera )

It takes close to 1min and 30 seconds for the inbox page to come after signing in.

Whereas when I tried the same in IE it took less than 10 seconds at the same moment.

Why is this so.

Please help.

Thanks

rajas700

Youngling
Nomaly Firefox and Opera were use standard format (HTML)so it takes some time.And another thing just clean the history of Firefox and Opera and then try...

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
rajas700 said:
Nomaly Firefox and Opera were use standard format (HTML)so it takes some time.And another thing just clean the history of Firefox and Opera and then try...

I have done and tried all this. No difference it still tales the same amount of time.

But, what I now want to know is that does it take each and every firefox and opera user tsome time before it opens to the inbox page.

Thanking you.

sahil_blues

In the zone
godsownman said:
I have done and tried all this. No difference it still tales the same amount of time.

But, what I now want to know is that does it take each and every firefox and opera user tsome time before it opens to the inbox page.

Thanking you.

same here dude....with avant (IE based) the inbox opens in 5 secs....i think its gotto do with the activex thing(which opera doesnt have)....u might notice that the rich text formatting is also not there while composing a mail in opera....dont worry, u r not facing an exception....

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Thank God, I thought that only I face this problem.

Yes I did notice the rich text formatting missing, when I was composing in Opera the other day.

regards

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
bizzare_blue said:
I face the same prob in almost all of the browsers...I haven't tried Opera as yet..

You should not face this problem is Internet Explorer. The others have also said and I know for a fact it should take less than 10 seconds in IE

prasad_den

Padawan
I've been using firefox right from the beginning, and i don't have any problems. It takes max between 10 & 20 secs for the inbox to open. and i have the history on for the past 10 days. :)

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
@prasad_den

Your really lucky for that. It just takes over a minute and a half for it to open on my computer.

Anyway I was reading a thread which you can read HERE where a question was asked as to how to disable Java script and then log on to Gmail using the Html mode which is the 2nd mode available.

I tried disabling the Java script and it opened with 5 seconds.

See if it helps you all :)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom