give me some cooling advice

doomgiver

Warframe
is the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cooler a good one?
i know a guy who is selling his for less than 1k.

im going to use it with a amd phenom II 955 BE processor (currently on stock)

also, please tell me where to buy cabinet fans from.
i wish to buy 2-3 of them (80 or 120 mm)
is there anyone who has spare fans lying around, i'm wiling to take them, if they are not faulty.

techbulb

eUREKA...
Check for all accesories ,bent fins ,corrosion ,scrtaches on the copper plate which touches the cpu & how much warranty is left

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
alright.
thanks.
the seller puts its condition as 7/10.
what to look for?
bent fins?
corroded metal?

if the cooler can be tested, check if the fan makes sound. bend fins won't make a difference. anyway the fan may have to be replaced. one more thing, check if it comes with the necessary mounting bracket.

also ask him if it'll (or the mounting bracket) will fit into your AM3 socket. as older HDT-S1283 comes with AM2 mounting mechanism that mayn't fully compatible with AM3. anyway you may have to remove the current retention bracket to fit the cooler.

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe
yeah, i'll check the fan.
this cooler has 3 pipes, with some gap between the pipes and the base.

^^ whats a retention bracket?

the stock cooler has a 'arm' going thru the hsf, with a latch on one end and a hook on the other. the latch secures the whole contraption by rotating.

d3p

PowerHouse
A retention bracket holds the Cooler above the Processor. One side fits into the motherboard below the Processor & the other holds or secures the top cooler above the Processor.

Regarding the cooler, Its a nice one for the price its being offered atm. Grab it.

Just see its performance.

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/755/hdt-s1283_018.jpg

Top Bottom