!!.:GIMP~art:.!! (Bandwidth Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Re: !!.:GIMP~art:.!!

Layer Palette - Dialogs > Create New Dock > Layers, Channels & Paths...

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5283/foreground.png *www.imgx.org/pfiles/5286/layer.png *www.imgx.org/pfiles/5285/grad.png

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5284/fill.png​

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

@ Hitboox.. if I apply Mask and if I try save in .jpg/jpeg , .png , .gif format it says plug in can't handle masks and layers and it did not save image with the exact look that I save .. Which format to use then ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

^^^ .XCF Gimp native formats. When you want the finished image export it PNG/JPG etc. wherein all layers are merged and it can used for distribution purposes.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

GiMP says "Photoshop, you're amazing, but I can pack a punch too" :D

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/pill_choice_3ways_light_640.png​

Download here

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

Here are few more :) Please suggest me some good fonts :D

*www.imgx.org/files/12458_x2kvp/Signature.png | *www.imgx.org/files/12457_dek7l/AWN.jpg

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5339/av-1103.png how to create an alphabet like this ? and how to improve my sig skil :p how to make a particular letter glow ?

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

I don't know but I'll find out, if you do, let us know.

Meanwhile, here's something I'm working on..

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/tux_400.png​

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

How is this one ?

*www.imgx.org/files/12500_ijr5y/Signature.png

A question .. In the below posted image how to give dark border o image and a transparent pael type that you can see below car

*www.imgx.org/files/12502_xygnh/darkstarubuntu2qp6.png

The above 1 looks a bit curved and its shadow is much more pronounced how to do that ?

Please please please suggest me some good fonts

Last edited:
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

I finished it and removed the text completely, hope it looks fine. I call it A Free Spirit :)

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/A_Free_Spirit_640.png​

Last edited:
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

A question .. In the below posted image how to give dark border o image and a transparent pael type that you can see below car

The above 1 looks a bit curved and its shadow is much more pronounced how to do that ?

It's very simple,

1. Select the image or a part of it.
2. Go to Select > Border and give some value of 4 or so.
3. Then do Edit > Fill with Black as the colour.
4. Deselect and apply a drop shadow using filters.
5. Apply a nice gaussian blur of 20 or more to the shadow layer.

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/explain4-1.png

As for the fonts, here are 6500 fonts for free, choose your favourites.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Eye - Duality:

Nothing much, but I was doing this and I found it strange that both are totally opposite expressions when the image is transformed

Furious *i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/artistic_eye_400.png *i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/artistic_eye_400_flip-1.png Calm

I know what you're thinking, lol, no, I haven't lost my sanity, just wondering, a Brush is a Brush no matter how many special effects you can do.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

Thanks buddy. You are the one who made a Gimp freak now :p

One more. How to give shadow to bootom like this :p

*www.kims-area.com/screens/kohlenstoff-small.png

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

No worries, keep'em coming, I'll be more than glad to share what I know :)

It's not essentially a shadow but a feel of shadow (a trick). What you do is, create a new transparent layer on top of the image, make a circular section using the cirle selection tool, fill it with black(in this case) and apply some decent blur. Then blend both the layers and merge them if you want.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

How is this one ?

*www.imgx.org/files/12500_ijr5y/Signature.png

Last question for the day :p Notice both the sigs.. Now the 1 I created has very sharp edges while the other didn't .. The other has smooth edges.. How to do that :p I must be getting on your nerves :p:p:p Also The car 1 is bit of curved from the center how to make that effect ?

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Already forgot the rounded rectangle, did you? First do the rounded rectangle from select menu and then repeat my 95th post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom