!!.:GIMP~art:.!! (Bandwidth Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Re: !!.:GIMP~art:.!!

^^ No I didn't forgot :p Will try and comeback to you :) but don't forget about this *www.imgx.org/pfiles/5339/av-1103.png

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead

How is this one ?

*www.imgx.org/files/12500_ijr5y/Signature.png

Can some one give me the tutorial to create this effect I m a noob and wana learn plz dark Star or some one else :)

Edit : Found the tutorial *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=743356&postcount=24

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

^^ Use the gradient too with Tube red as the gradient .. Set the gradient shape to Square .. Now to create big poles like structure that you see.. Drag from left to righ from center and vice versa... For more details check old posts of the same thread :D

Here is a new 1 .. Plain and simple..

*www.imgx.org/files/12547_u8hrl/Golf1.png

a low end version

*www.imgx.org/files/12545_bt9cz/Golf.jpg

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)

Hitboxx and Darkstar-Both of your efforts to create cool pics using a new tool is simply admirable.

@Hitboxx-Please keep those tuts coming :) Great pics by you and Darkstar.

V

vaibhavtek

My GIMP work

Hi Friends,

I too got attracted towards GIMP.

My First smiliey (made by me):- *www.imgx.org/files/12673_itqqr/My%20First%20Smiley%20%28Happy%29.gif

Hope it empress u Hitboxx.

-----------------------------------------------

My Problem:-

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/12586_nfyyw/rounded_ends.png

To view full version plz click on the image.

I have made the image with rounded ends, but is it possible to make the ends transparent so that the background matches with it in any coloured background.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

CIGARETTE-AD

One of the many methods.

1) Start off with creating a new transparent layer, making a rectangular selection and fill it with white. Then do the same except make the selection at the filter of the cigarette and fill it with a suitable color. I used #F7AB5F
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/1-3.png

2) Then put the cigarette layer on top and set it to multiply mode. Then apply a bi-linear gradient on this layer with offset at some 50 and grey and white as colors.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/2-3.png

3) Now create a new transparent layer again and this time do a selection at the point where the filter meets the cigarette and fill it with a brown or golden color. (.. you might also try gradient..)
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/3-3.png

4) Merge all the layers by right-click > Merge Visible Layers. Now again right-click > Alpha to Selection, do a inverse (Ctrl+I) and hit delete. You will get like this.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/4-3.png

5) Then go to Filters > Noise > RGB Noise, deselect Independent RGB and enter a value of 0.05~0.10 in R,G & B. (..you may also paint with a light brush on the filter with a light color so it appears more polished..)
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/5-3.png

6) Then create a new transparent layer, make a selection at the end of the cigarette, fill it with a suitable colour and again do the RGB noise filter except give a higher value of around 0.30~0.40 this time.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/6-3.png

7) Then do a rough selection on this and delete it so it a appears jagged.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/7-3.png

8.) Finally give a nice shadow and you have your cigarette. You can merge all layers if you wish.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/8-3.png

9) Do some ad like this.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/cigarette_ad.png​

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

^^ Very Nice .. Just came to know how to create a 3d text *www.imgx.org/pfiles/5366/Ubuntu%203d.png *www.imgx.org/pfiles/5367/Shashwat%203d.png

Here is the tutorial : -- Read and post a better 1 .. How to make a C like that I tried but quite not able to make 1 like that :|

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5368/S%203d.png

Last edited:
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Er., no files to download there, all I get is the main page of mediafire.

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5369/Screenshot-Free%20File%20Hosting%20Made%20Simple%20-%20MediaFire%20-%20Mozilla%20Firefox.png​

V

vaibhavtek

me too facing the same problem.

Hitboxx and Dark Star plz help me with the problem provided here:-*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=755509&postcount=105

Tip : Press Ctrl+A when u open the picture in full version to see the rounded shape.

See this:-

*www.imgx.org/files/12587_pnrfw/Vaibhav.png

Looks cool...!!!

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

For it to appear transparent, just place in on a transparent layer and merge both the layers.

V

vaibhavtek

My new Work:-

*www.imgx.org/files/12598_taamt/Spiderman%20-%20Reflection.PNG

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Nice, keep it learning.

For the above thing, create a new transparent layer on top of your image layer using the layer palette, if no layer palette is visible, go to Dialogs > Create new dock> Layers..., then place your image layer on top of this transparent layer, right-click > merge visible layers. That should do it.

V

vaibhavtek

Vaibhav - Glowing Blended Text

Glowing Blended Text:-

*www.imgx.org/files/12599_cf7d5/Vaibhav-Glowing%20Blended%20Text.PNG

Originally Posted by Hitboxx *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/kirsch/buttons/viewpost.gif
For it to appear transparent, just place in on a transparent layer and merge both the layers.

I am noob in GIMP can u just make this a more clear.

Dark Star said:
*www.imgx.org/files/12500_ijr5y/Signature.png

Hey Dark Star did u create the background by own or get that from internet...????

amitava82

MMO Addict

Ok vaibhavtek, here is your tutorial..

1. First of all, You need to have Transparent background layer. To create a transparent layer, in the new layer dialog box select Layer fill type as "Transparent". Keep this layer to the bottom of your layer pallet. If you have white background layer, delete it.

*i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/amitava82/roundedcorner.jpg

2. Next, you need to save the image as PNG in order to maintain transparency. If you save as jpeg you will loose transparent colors. So Click File > Save as.. From the file type menu, select PNG

*i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/amitava82/savedialoge.jpg

3. Click Save. A dialog box will popup. Click Export.

4. In the next dialog box uncheck "Save background color"

*i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/amitava82/saveas.jpg

And you are done.
*i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/amitava82/transparentround.png
I really hate typing, but hittbox made me to do this.. :D

V

vaibhavtek

Ok vaibhavtek, here is your tutorial..

1. First of all, You need to have Transparent background layer. To create a transparent layer, in the new layer dialog box select Layer fill type as "Transparent". Keep this layer to the bottom of your layer pallet. If you have white background layer, delete it.

*i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/amitava82/roundedcorner.jpg

2. Next, you need to save the image as PNG in order to maintain transparency. If you save as jpeg you will loose transparent colors. So Click File > Save as.. From the file type menu, select PNG

*i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/amitava82/savedialoge.jpg

3. Click Save. A dialog box will popup. Click Export.

4. In the next dialog box uncheck "Save background color"

*i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/amitava82/saveas.jpg

And you are done.
*i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/amitava82/transparentround.png
I really hate typing, but hittbox made me to do this.. :D

U did not understand my problem....!!!

I mean to say:-

I want to make this picture *www.imgx.org/files/12600_ebozc/Gohan.jpg like this *www.imgx.org/files/12601_wblk3/Gohan%202.png

Press Ctrl + A and see my next picture has a pointed edge.

This Forum background clolour matches with the rounded white backgrounded colour so u are not able to see the white portion but if i embed the same image in black background then I will see the white rounded part.

I want to make that white ended part as transparent so that it matches with any background.

When we use Gigasmilies it smilies get match with any coloured background(u will not see the part of the image not coloured) ,in the same way i want to make this image.

Take example of my avatar; select it using ur mouse u will see the unclolured area but when i use it, it matches with the background..

Hope after reading ^^ u r clear.

Hope now it is clear to u..

Plz help.

btw why r u using the old version of GIMP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom