!!.:GIMP~art:.!! (Bandwidth Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Re: !!.:GIMP~art:.!!

@unknown:gr8!how did u achieve 2 circles :?:
*img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1268/126853956d177933f40f15d6c545545ef3f6741.png
I think you have some misunderstanding or your browser is showing you something else. here's what i see -

*itech7.com/~devuser/itech7_pq.png

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

I never get the gradient part how to add gradient in Image ? Drag and drop doesn't work please be more clear ? Also the Upper Left border is round while others are not how to do that ? Please refer original image posted :) How to add colored shades ?

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5181/Mirror.png

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Text Effect 1: LIGHT RAYS

One of my favourite text effects.

1) Start of by doing some white text on a black background. Then make a copy of the white text layer(for later use) and merge the other text with the background.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/1-2.png

2) Now go Filter > Distorts > Polar Coordinates and apply it. Be sure to deselect the To polar option.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/2-2.png

3) Then rotate it by 90 degrees clockwise with Shift+R.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/3-2.png

4) Apply Filter > Distorts > Wind from the Right. Repeat if necessary.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/4-2.png

5) Again hit Shift+R and do counter-clockwise with -90 degrees.

6) Now again do Polar Coordinates but this time select To polar. Also playing with the circle depth gives different effects. Experiment.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/5-2.png

7) The RESULT so far.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/6-2.png

8.) Then apply Filter > Blur > Motion Blur in Zoom mode. Repeat if necessary.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/7-2.png

9) Time for applying color, use Colors > Color Balance
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/8-2.png *i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/9-1.png
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/10-1.png *i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/11.png

10) Now select the white text copy layer and do Alpha to Selection either by right click or from Layer menu.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/12.png

11) While leaving the selection intact, create a new transparent layer and do a foreground fill with Black from Edit menu.

12) Again with the selection intact, Grow it by 1~2 px from the Selection menu, do a new transparent layer again and do a background fill with White.

13) If required, position these layers according to the effect using the Move tool and also stack them in the Layers palette.

14) Finally, Play with it all you want. I duplicated the rays layer, flipped it, reduced its opacity and put it on Screen mode. That's it. The Final RESULT :)
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ray_of_light.png

15) Use it on something like this.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ray_of_light_led_zep.png

Last edited:
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

I never get the gradient part how to add gradient in Image ? Drag and drop doesn't work please be more clear ? Also the Upper Left border is round while others are not how to do that ? Please refer original image posted :) How to add colored shades ?

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5181/Mirror.png
Select the gradient tool and draw a line in the direction you want the gradience to go on the image.

All the borders are round but since only the upper one has a color shade it appears so. To get colored shades again use gradient together with blur settings.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

Here is where I reach :) ALso how to give white shade ? My Gradient collection doesn't have White to Transparent .. White and others ::( How to add them :(

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5227/Logo.png

When I use Gradient in background it fills nearly the whole backgrond I am uable to give shade at top right and the shadow :(

praka123

left this forum longback

I think you have some misunderstanding or your browser is showing you something else. here's what i see -
I tried to prank u ;) BTW,that screenshot is from latest firefox3beta4pre which I use.like in safari,now u can drag images from firefox3beta to desktop etc :p
OK mr.N G?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

Here is where I reach :) ALso how to give white shade ? My Gradient collection doesn't have White to Transparent .. White and others ::( How to add them :(

When I use Gradient in background it fills nearly the whole backgrond I am uable to give shade at top right and the shadow :(

Create a mask on that "shadow" and then use the gradient tool on it. The mode to be used is FG to Transparent.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Here's something familiar from yesterday night :) [..still working to make it perfect..]

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/pill_choice2_640.png​

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

^^ Hey how to save a file/image so that all the layer info stored in it ? This image after saving cannot be edited I have to create from the scratch .. :( I mean like .psd ?

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Err., save it in psd format or in native GiMP format as xcf.

File > Save as > somename.xcf

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

^^ Hey what else I have to do in that image ? The white shadow at the top right how to give that ?

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Well that's a gradient I guess, make a new transparent layer, put white as foreground color, select the gradient tool, mode as FG to transparent and drag from the top tight corner and adjust the layer blend mode in the layer palette.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

Here's something familiar from yesterday night :) [..still working to make it perfect..]

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/pill_choice2_640.png​
Guys, just gimme sometime I'll post a tutorial on how to do that, specifically Aqua buttons and more :) Damn this schedule! :(

Great thread! But don't you folks think this should be moved to Tutorials section so that it reaches a greater audience?

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

Well that's a gradient I guess, make a new transparent layer, put white as foreground color, select the gradient tool, mode as FG to transparent and drag from the top tight corner and adjust the layer blend mode in the layer palette.

Erm. didn't worked . any other method ? how to add foreground color in Transparent layer.. is that same as add mask ? and where is layer palette I am unable to find that option /:confused:

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

A better one with OS wars ;)
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/pill_choice_linwin2_640.png​
Download : *www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=75388

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Can you make the background black and post it here?
I'd like to set it as my wallpaper:)

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

I got a better idea, how about Grey? So here you go, Enjoy :) [.. and this will be the final copy of this wallpaper..]

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/pill_choice_linwin2_grad_640.png​

Download: *www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=75396

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom