GigaSmilies - Feature/Smilie Request Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello all ,
Please let us know what you want for the next version of GigaSmilies *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/34a.gif. Be it a new Smilies set or any new feature you want so see in GigaSmilies, we will try to include it in the next version *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32a.gif.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
A Firefox extension if possible:)

like this one *addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/375 it has huge collection but most of them wont load wen needed.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
A Firefox extension if possible:)

like this one *addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/375 it has huge collection but most of them wont load wen needed.
Thanks for sharing this dude. its really a good one *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32a.gif . we will look into this.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I second that request.
A FF extension would make it OS independent.

Regards,
ray
But that will make it browser dependent.
It would be much better IMO to develop a stand alone application using a language and libraries which will work on all the big platforms.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Quite true.But still broswer integration is a good feature IMO.
And they could port it to Java, so it would run everywhere.

Regards,
ray

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Charan, can you confirm if this works on mono? I couldn't get it to work. Also haf you fixed the high cpu usage? Mail it to me for beta testing.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ok guys.. Ill break the ice.. we are developing GigaSmilies completely from scratch .. No beta will be available atleast till 1 week. We are changing the whole approach on how gigasmilies worked (internally) so there is lot of work going on.

We are currently developing a technique which may infact remove the need of browser integration/ or in another way make it browser/application independent.

Also the CPU/Memory usage is very encouraging.
Just 1% CPU usage and max is 4% , Also its 0% when idle *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/34a.gif
Also memory usage has been reduced to just 15K from 25K

@infra_red_dude : It worked only on Suse 10.3 , but not good enough to be called "Works Completely" using mono. We will look into this issue too *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/34a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom