[Query] Gigabyte RMA Worries

ubergeek

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I purchased the following components for upgrading my PC
GB B85 D3H Mobo
i5 4440
Corsair 4GB vengeance RAM

I retained my SMPS(COrsair VX450W),GFX Card(GTX650),Sound card(Xonar DG) and cabby (Zebby peace) from my old build.

Two days after assembling my new system my PC wouldnt boot unless i cleared the CMOS by touching the CLR CMOS pins. Since there were no issues with my GFX card,SMPS,Soundcard and Hard drive i concluded that my mobo is the issue hence i gave the Mobo for RMA through accell:)@). My old MOBO +Proccy+RAM works fine without any issues with my gfx card,smps and sound card this is how i concluded that the issue is with the new motherboard. also i checked by disconnecting individual parts.

after a week i got a replacement motherboard ,so again i reassembled my system and tried booting it but the new mother board wont event boot even after clearing cmos so again i gave the replacement mother board for RMA. now here is a strange thing again after 4 days of giving the replaced mobo for RMA i checked the status of my RMA ticket and found out that they are sending back the old mobo which i gave for RMA 2 weeks back. now iam concerned, . when i contacted the accel service center regarding this they told me to bring my processor and RAM to check whether replacement mother board is working without any issues. but i have the following concerns

1. Is it safe to place the processor and heatsink on the motherboard without applying a new thermal paste? i mean it is just to test whether the motherboard is working fine or not so i wont be ruining my proccy in doing so rite?

2. If the motherboard again fails what is the process for getting a credit note? cuz screw gigabyte i have had it with them :(

THanks,
UG

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
thermal paste is needed.....and i think the rma guys only will apply ............and about second question i think there was a gigabyte representative here.......... [MENTION=278774]GIGABYTE INDIA[/MENTION]

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
thermal paste is needed.....and i think the rma guys only will apply ............and about second question i think there was a gigabyte representative here.......... [MENTION=278774]GIGABYTE INDIA[/MENTION]

Thanks is there any way to PM Gigabyte rite now iam unable to start a conversation.
Iam really scared to hand over my brand new proccy and mobo to accel frontline guys frankly i think they are incompetent and might wreck my processor

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
What's the model number of the vengeance kit that you're using???

Just so that you know, they test if the system can POST with your stuff, then make minor changes like date/time, etc., save and then reboot. At least that's what Mumbai Accel Frontline does.

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if other service centers do it. Others, including accel frontline, probably are using sub standard power supply for this purpose. I am just bit touchy with Intel processors because the pins are on the socket, and they are not secured like how AMD processors are. Just have a very thin application of thermal paste in the middle on the CPU IHS. That's fair enough for this purpose just to check if it can POST. If their stuff is working but not yours, narrow it down. Just check in your old system if the system registers the 4GB memory as 4GB actual.

BTW, when you were first troubleshooting the motherboard, did you try using other SATA cables or boot the system without any SATA drives??

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
What's the model number of the vengeance kit that you're using???

Just so that you know, they test if the system can POST with your stuff, then make minor changes like date/time, etc., save and then reboot. At least that's what Mumbai Accel Frontline does.

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if other service centers do it. Others, including accel frontline, probably are using sub standard power supply for this purpose. I am just bit touchy with Intel processors because the pins are on the socket, and they are not secured like how AMD processors are. Just have a very thin application of thermal paste in the middle on the CPU IHS. That's fair enough for this purpose just to check if it can POST. If their stuff is working but not yours, narrow it down. Just check in your old system if the system registers the 4GB memory as 4GB actual.

BTW, when you were first troubleshooting the motherboard, did you try using other SATA cables or boot the system without any SATA drives??

Hi Sorccy,

Thanks for your reply,
I tried the following before sending the mobo for RMA
1. I Tried booting without my SSD and HD it did not boot(BUt i havent changed the Sata cable)
2. Tried booting without my gcard no dice
3. Tried botting without my audio card still no boot
4. Tried booting without ram NOPE

As for the model number of my vengeance ram i dont know i need to check? do you think there might be some compatibility issues/
Also Are you saying i dont need to apply new Thermal past on the processor and the existing layer of thermal past is enough/

Thanks,
UG

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
1. Wel since you tried to boot it without the SSD/HDD, no need to check booting with another SATA cable.
2. :(
3. :(

No harm in knowing if there is any compatibility issue, but that should be easier to find when you try to boot the board when you go to the service center. If it doesn't work, ask the technician to boot the system with the memory kit he has.

If it already has a thermal paste use that, but when everything is done and when you put the board back to your system, apply a fresh quote.

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
1. Wel since you tried to boot it without the SSD/HDD, no need to check booting with another SATA cable.
2. :(
3. :(

No harm in knowing if there is any compatibility issue, but that should be easier to find when you try to boot the board when you go to the service center. If it doesn't work, ask the technician to boot the system with the memory kit he has.

If it already has a thermal paste use that, but when everything is done and when you put the board back to your system, apply a fresh quote.
Yeah i will defenetley do that.
My old system which is (Q6600+GFX+Corsair XMS2 RAM+DG31PRMOBO) works flawlessly :(

My question why would they send the same motherboard back again?

- - - Updated - - -

hi [MENTION=45938]The Sorcerer[/MENTION]

As you suggested i cross verified my memroy modules serial number with this list *download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-b85m-d3h.pdf

It doesnt seem to show up :(

CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ No manufacturers provide a complete list. They usually tested with factory BIOS and that's pretty much it. New BIOS comes out and provides additional support. Only way to know is to test it on your motherboard and if it doesn't work, switch it with the one the service center has to be certain. Ask them to update the BIOS as well so that by the time you go to the service center, everything possible is taken care of.

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
^^ No manufacturers provide a complete list. They usually tested with factory BIOS and that's pretty much it. New BIOS comes out and provides additional support. Only way to know is to test it on your motherboard and if it doesn't work, switch it with the one the service center has to be certain. Ask them to update the BIOS as well so that by the time you go to the service center, everything possible is taken care of.

Roger that i think the mobo will reach the service center tommorow so ill post here once i get back from there :D

Hi Guys,

I purchased the following components for upgrading my PC
GB B85 D3H Mobo
i5 4440
Corsair 4GB vengeance RAM

I retained my SMPS(COrsair VX450W),GFX Card(GTX650),Sound card(Xonar DG) and cabby (Zebby peace) from my old build.

Two days after assembling my new system my PC wouldnt boot unless i cleared the CMOS by touching the CLR CMOS pins. Since there were no issues with my GFX card,SMPS,Soundcard and Hard drive i concluded that my mobo is the issue hence i gave the Mobo for RMA through accell:)@). My old MOBO +Proccy+RAM works fine without any issues with my gfx card,smps and sound card this is how i concluded that the issue is with the new motherboard. also i checked by disconnecting individual parts.

after a week i got a replacement motherboard ,so again i reassembled my system and tried booting it but the new mother board wont event boot even after clearing cmos so again i gave the replacement mother board for RMA. now here is a strange thing again after 4 days of giving the replaced mobo for RMA i checked the status of my RMA ticket and found out that they are sending back the old mobo which i gave for RMA 2 weeks back. now iam concerned, . when i contacted the accel service center regarding this they told me to bring my processor and RAM to check whether replacement mother board is working without any issues. but i have the following concerns

1. Is it safe to place the processor and heatsink on the motherboard without applying a new thermal paste? i mean it is just to test whether the motherboard is working fine or not so i wont be ruining my proccy in doing so rite?

2. If the motherboard again fails what is the process for getting a credit note? cuz screw gigabyte i have had it with them :(

THanks,
UG

You may give the motherboard, processor and RAM to accel frontline. They will test it out for you. You need not worry about any wrecking of your hardware. If any queries please ping me prathameshp@gigabyte.in

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
You may give the motherboard, processor and RAM to accel frontline. They will test it out for you. You need not worry about any wrecking of your hardware. If any queries please ping me prathameshp@gigabyte.in

OK guys i went to accel yesterday to test out the repaired mobo it seemed to be working fine with my ram and processor.
I asked the guy over there to turn it off and turn it back on and it seemed to be working fine. i haven't received the mobo yet from them becuz i forgot to take the RMA slip so iam yet to test it out after assembling my system at home

OK guys i went to accel yesterday to test out the repaired mobo it seemed to be working fine with my ram and processor.
I asked the guy over there to turn it off and turn it back on and it seemed to be working fine. i haven't received the mobo yet from them becuz i forgot to take the RMA slip so iam yet to test it out after assembling my system at home

Cool. Get the board and assemble your setup and then test it. Let me know once its done. :)

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
Cool. Get the board and assemble your setup and then test it. Let me know once its done. :)

Ok i received the RMA'd Board assembled it and it seems to be working fine for now.
I would have hard booted the system twice and both the times it seemed to boot fine without any issues. but to answer the question whether the original issue has been fixed or not, well time can only tell. if the system works without any issues for two or three days then i think the problem has been resolved. i observed one strange behavior though , my monotr suddenly blinked for a second, i dont know whether if it is a problem but it did seem very strange.

Anyhow here is a cpuz gram of my cpu and ram please let me know if anything seems out of the ordinary

*i.imgur.com/voYyNDX.png
*i.imgur.com/7rAFUCj.png

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=278774]GIGABYTE INDIA[/MENTION] and [MENTION=45938]The Sorcerer[/MENTION]

Hi guys i observed another wierd behavior,

When i press the power button, the CPU fan stops for a second and then starts again and the computer boots up fine without any issues is this an expected behavior?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the exact same behavior iam facing rite now
*www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-ca...arts-after-installing-corsair-cx-500-psu.html

- - - Updated - - -

OK guys THE ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN FIXED :mad: IM SO EFFIN SO EFFIN PISSED RITE NOW THE PROBLEM WHICH I HAVE MENTIONED IN THE FIRST POST HAS NOT BEEN RESDOLVED YOU GUYS SENT BACK THE DEFECTIVE BOARD BACK TO ME. THER IS ABSDOLUTELT NO ISSDUEE WITH MY PSU BECAUS THE PSU WORKS REALLLY FINE WITH INTEL G31 MOBO AND Q6600 PROCCY. [MENTION=278774]GIGABYTE INDIA[/MENTION] IAM DONE WITH YOUR PISS POOR ASS TELL ME HOW TO GET A CREDIT NOTE

Last edited:
Ok i received the RMA'd Board assembled it and it seems to be working fine for now.
I would have hard booted the system twice and both the times it seemed to boot fine without any issues. but to answer the question whether the original issue has been fixed or not, well time can only tell. if the system works without any issues for two or three days then i think the problem has been resolved. i observed one strange behavior though , my monotr suddenly blinked for a second, i dont know whether if it is a problem but it did seem very strange.

Anyhow here is a cpuz gram of my cpu and ram please let me know if anything seems out of the ordinary

*i.imgur.com/voYyNDX.png
*i.imgur.com/7rAFUCj.png

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=278774]GIGABYTE INDIA[/MENTION] and [MENTION=45938]The Sorcerer[/MENTION]

Hi guys i observed another wierd behavior,

When i press the power button, the CPU fan stops for a second and then starts again and the computer boots up fine without any issues is this an expected behavior?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the exact same behavior iam facing rite now
*www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-ca...arts-after-installing-corsair-cx-500-psu.html

- - - Updated - - -

OK guys THE ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN FIXED :mad: IM SO EFFIN SO EFFIN PISSED RITE NOW THE PROBLEM WHICH I HAVE MENTIONED IN THE FIRST POST HAS NOT BEEN RESDOLVED YOU GUYS SENT BACK THE DEFECTIVE BOARD BACK TO ME. THER IS ABSDOLUTELT NO ISSDUEE WITH MY PSU BECAUS THE PSU WORKS REALLLY FINE WITH INTEL G31 MOBO AND Q6600 PROCCY. [MENTION=278774]GIGABYTE INDIA[/MENTION] IAM DONE WITH YOUR PISS POOR ASS TELL ME HOW TO GET A CREDIT NOTE

Email me your issue along with your mobile number at prathameshp@gigabyte.in. Let me raise this issue to my senior RMA person.

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
Already raised your issue to my senior RMA person. He will guide you on that. Need not worry anymore. :)

Thank you i recieved a mail from some one at gigabyte. i have replied back to the mail with all the necessary details.

- - - Updated - - -

Already raised your issue to my senior RMA person. He will guide you on that. Need not worry anymore. :)

I knbow its too early but do you any updates on the issue?

Top Bottom