vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Hi,

System:
Intel C2D E6550
Gigabyte G41M Combo
Kingston 2*1GB DDR2 800MHz
Corsair VX450w

I am having problem booting from a IDE HDD on above system. However that IDE HDD boots fine from other machine. From above system i was able to install XP via Sata DVD Writer.

I have tried setting correct order of Boot Devices in BIOS. I have tried different cables. I have tried removing CMOS battery for 10 minutes and then later booting. But none helps.

Whats next ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
make sure the HDD don't has any bad sectors and the cpu/ram modules are not OCed.

Remove ram modules and clear CMOS setting ( by removing and remounting the CMOS battery ) and remount only 1 ram module and see if you can get over with the DMI pool data error. It it works only then install the second ram module.

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
With both the RAM modules I was able to install XP on same HDD. I tried clearing CMOS settings.

I am able to enter in BIOS.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ have a look at here and make sure everything is OK :
Computer stops at verifying dmi pool data....

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Thanks a lot..!!

I guess we could now narrow down to following.

It says following can be causes

• Corrupt boot files on the computer. - OS have been reinstalled
  • Settings for hard disk drive are not correct. - I had manually set the proper order of boot drives. kept only 1 and in that HDD.
  • Floppy diskette or CD in computer causing issue. - No floppy drive and have tried removing DVD-RW
  • Boot devices not set properly. - as above
  • BIOS corrupt or misc. setting not set properly.- this sounds a culprit - a corrupt BIOS
  • Connections loose or disconnected. - different cables tried
  • Bad Hard disk drive or other bad hardware. - same HDD works perfect on other machine

So does this indicate that BIOS is corrupt and should be re-flashed ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ download the latest Bios file ( most probably F3) from Gigabyte's website - match the pcb version of the mobo ( see mobo instruction manual to locate it ) :

if you have a ver 1.0 mobo you should get bios file for ver 1.0 - if the mobo pcb version is 1.3 then you should get bios file for ver 1.3 mobo

extract the bios file and copy it into a pen drive ( make sure the pen drive is formatted with fat file system )

Connect the pen drive with the pc with G41M combo mobo - start the pc - enter into bios setup - press F8 to enter Q-Flash and follow the on-screen instructions to update ( re-flash) the bios.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ just make sure your pc is connected with a UPS while updating bios though this will take only 2 mins at max ;-)

Top Bottom