Gigabyte 9800GTX + E8500 + EVGA 680i : All AIR benching

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I have had this card for quite some time for testing/reviwing purpose but due to lack of time, couldnt do a in depth testing of the card as i would like to do.Anyways, here is a short test run of this card.
Here are some pictures of the Card & Bundle.

*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c33127c7bd.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c3313752b9.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c34db93d73.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c34dc5940c.jpg

*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c3314752f0.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c33155f392.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c34b2dc796.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c34b503382.jpg

*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c34b3a454c.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_2480c34dae1f37.jpg

Test Setup
Intel C2D E8500
EVGA Nvidia 680i SLI Motherboard
2 x 1GB Team Xtreem DDR2 667 CL3
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX 512MB GDDR3 GPU
80GB Hitachi SATAII HDD
Seventeam ST600 EAD PSU
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme + NMB 120mm Fan for CPU Cooling
Common Wealth 120mm Fan for GPU + 92mm YateLoon for Northbridge
Windows XP SP2
Nvidia Forceware 174.74 WHQL

More here - Gigabyte Geforce 9800GTX Testing

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Thanks man, am not fully satisfied with the results though, had i got some more time and better ambient temperatures,it would have been much more fun.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
gr8 setup man.so u hav already laid ur hands on a 9800GTX.that just gr8.

but i had expected more from the 9800GTX.

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
gr8 setup man.so u hav already laid ur hands on a 9800GTX.that just gr8.

but i had expected more from the 9800GTX.

I havent purchased this card,it was given to me for testing purpose.
As i have mentioned, high ambient temperatures and lacklustre overclocking from the board restricted things a lot.
Time was another contraint, if i had more time, maybe i could have managed to pull off some better scores.
The card clocks well though.Also its more or less similar to 8800GTS 512MB so one should expect performance accordingly.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Again a top quality review.
Man I just love your reviews.
With best wishes and regards.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
nice benchies.. its sad that you couldn't manage a full review cos of time constraints...

btw people looking for a full review could look over here *www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/evga-9800gtx-review-109437.html

_

Last edited:
OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Thanks guys, i would concentrate more on 3D benching instead of doing gaming benchmarks as we are dedicated to purely overclocking and there are zillion sites who do much better reviews of gaming performance.

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
EXHAUSTIVE!
BTW how is crysis with that card??very high,full 16xQ AA,1280*1024,50 FPS??

Sorry man, i am not a gamer so i am not keen on doing gaming benchmarks:cry:
I love doing hardcore 3D Benching.Also this time around i had limited time,next time i will add some game inbuilt benchmarks too.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
so any1 here planning to setup a 9800GTX SLi system??

if only i cud lay my hands on 1.i've lotsa time to bench.

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Just a small doubt.Does upgrading ur hard disk make a big difference while gaming.(other than loading)
How much of a performance difference can u expect if the upgrade is from a pata to sata II(say WD raptor).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Just a small doubt.Does upgrading ur hard disk make a big difference while gaming.(other than loading)
How much of a performance difference can u expect if the upgrade is from a pata to sata II(say WD raptor).

Not so much of difference in Gaming...only loading is a little fast:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom