Gifting suggestion needed; #girl #birthday :D

crysis

Broken In
I have to buy a gift for a friend by the end of this month. Its already been a month since I have pondered over the various possibilities. I have researched extensively over the month but have lost my way. I need your help in making this decision. I will let you in on the choices. Any suggestions for choices outside the ones mentioned are also welcome :)

Watch: A white one. I will take help of a female friend for this. Local scouting, no online shopping on this one. Budget: 10k

Apple ipod touch: Confused between 8GB which I can afford and 32GB for which I will have to borrow. Waiting for the pseudo 5th gen ones which are cheaper. White one preferrably. Do not suggest alternatives to ipod touch at all.

Phone: A touch screen phone. Preferrable larger than 3.5". Preferrably SE or other good looking brands. Budget: 15k (can stretch maybe :( have to :()
Criteria: Touchscreen, games, songs and looks

The problem is she has a watch worth 10s of k (35?), a BB 9xxx series phone worth 28k and wishes for a diamond ring or an ipod or (someting like) my phone (xperia arc). I am totally confused as to what to buy her.

All options above are direct suggestions and hence cannot be modifed like say a black watch or a Cowon J3. Any suggestions apart from these are welcome.

My current progress:
pod: *www.letsbuy.com/apple-ipod-touch-8gb--white-p-28318
*www.ebay.in/itm/170712846559
neo V: *www.letsbuy.com/sony-ericsson-neo-v-p-27383 or *adexmart.com/sonyericsson/2994-sony-ericsson-xperia-neo-v-mt11i.html
Ray: *adexmart.com/nokia/2937-specifications-sony-ericsson-xperia-ray.html [DROPPED]
Xperia Play: *www.chitterchatter.co.uk/sony-ericsson/sony-ericsson-xperia-play-pa-110.php @17k by a GO on another forum

ulysses

Broken In
Since the person uses a Blackberry which is more of a message phone, get an android phone.it is real deal even compared with apple i phone.

watches- Once I had a passion- I have 10 genuine watches (above Rs 20k each all bought abroad 10 years back) and 20 First quality copies.(bought in Singapore/ HK/China). you can not make out a copy some times (Rs 30k or 2K).

DEll XCD 35 is nice for the price (10K) Motorola Defy (15K )is latest.

By the way the best Android phone is Galaxy S2 -Rs28k)

I use Google Nexus-S and going to buy new Google Nexus Prime when it is launched.

OP
C

crysis

Broken In
Is 8GB sufficient for an ipod?

Thanks for the inputs guys :D

I also want to be your friend :)

LOL...I have no words

[Was on phone so not posted; this should be #5 or taken to be]

The things that really confuse me are these quotes:

"I have always wanted a white watch, they just look so good" She has a Movado at present

"I want an ipod, I want to play games and listen to music; it will help kill time during travel" (which is 2-3hrs)

"I love SE phones and from the time I saw the (xperia arc) advert on TV, I have always wanted it"
Fresh news: She hates her BB

This is the reason I am so confused. I am actually in pieces between the ipod and the phone. I think she wants a new phone more than the ipod. I can always lend her my ipod since its never with me anyways. Haven't seen it for 2years, always changing hands.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is the reason I am so confused. I am actually in pieces between the ipod and the phone. I think she wants a new phone more than the ipod. I can always lend her my ipod since its never with me anyways. Haven't seen it for 2years, always changing hands.

I think you already know the answer.

But, if that doesn't help, this might do...

Fresh news: She hates her BB

OP
C

crysis

Broken In
^Xperia play or xperia arc. I am still confused. If only I can get the arc for around 20-22k I would go for it.

^Xperia play or xperia arc. I am still confused. If only I can get the arc for around 20-22k I would go for it.

You yourself said she wants something to time pass, listen to music and play games on while travelling.

Xperia Play fits the bill perfectly. Its got a nice novelty factor due to the PSP style keys. And this is definitely make many mobile games enjoyable :smile:

Top Bottom