Gibbon is still an Ape

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
amitava82 said:
also M$ purposefully disabled Zune from viewing in Explorer. WTF is that?
it was done to avoid installation third party firmwares like what is possible on the ipod however there was a simple registry trick that enabled this short coming ;)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
i still havnt been able to send a file frm my fone to the pc so ur watever out of the box is pretty useless and just accept what im saying coz the greats have

My whatever of the box is pretty useless for you maybe, for me its priceless.

just accept what im saying coz the greats have

Sorry can't do. I wouldn't accept a fact from you if you had the fact in Pictures or Videos with Neon flashy lights all around. By the way you might want to rephrase that last line, your way with words have a tendency to fry a brain cell or two of people who read this thread.

First of all, I don't just change system software cause Tom, Dick or Harry walks by and say "Woah ,,, Dudez, Linux distro_xyz is whack...You all are Noobs..." I use what I want to because don't give a hoot what the hell hes running. As long as it does what I want Im cool. I dont recall me ever asking you to use Ubuntu. Use whatever serves you best . For me Ubuntu is cool. What portion of my post do you fail to recognize.

As for "coz the greats have" I have a habit of trying something before giving up. Its something I got from a few years of Work Experience. If you are satisfied by whatever someone gives you then you have amazingly accepted the inadequate use of your own knowledge or shown the lack of any serious dedication.

If you need help with something post in the Open Source Forum not in the Fight Club.

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
exx_2000 said:
As for "coz the greats have" I have a habit of trying something before giving up. Its something I got from a few years of Work Experience. If you are satisfied by whatever someone gives you then you have amazingly accepted the inadequate use of your own knowledge or shown the lack of any serious dedication.
:lol: if its directed to me then go to the OSS section and u can even read a few posts by others in this thread itself ;)
exx_2000 said:
If you need help with come thing post in the Open Source Forum not in the Fight Club.
with 3k+ posts i know the sections here at the back of my mind ;) thanx for reminding though :lol:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
gr8, even bluetooth support is not there out of the box , now don't say there are license restrictions for this too...lolz...

Guess it is revealed now how much better "out of the box experience" Ubuntu provides over Vista. U have to work for 10 days to get it to work first

When I see a post like this in the Open Source I wouldn't even consider opening it since the intentions are pretty clear. But anyway whats your phone model out of curiosity. Furthermore I don't know if this changed my scenario but Im using a DVD edition of the same.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i doubt that coz i hav dwnldd the required libraries which again as iv said is a pain and then after that infra gave me another link which had another package which i again dwnldd which needless to say was again a pain but eventually i was only able to send files from my pc to the fone .... lets keep the troubleshooting for that forum only and not mix the 2 ;)

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
iMav said:
with 3k+ posts i know the sections here at the back of my mind ;) thanx for reminding though :lol:

you mean to say 4K+ of utter nonsense? thanks for reminding us, but we all know that already..:rolleyes:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
i doubt that coz i hav dwnldd the required libraries which again as iv said is a pain and then after that infra gave me another link which had another package which i again dwnldd which needless to say was again a pain but eventually i was only able to send files from my pc to the fone .... lets keep the troubleshooting for that forum only and not mix the 2

Knock yourself out with this thread. Ive finished trying to make some sense of this thread if there was any it at all. On a light note read my post in your thread for help.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
exx_2000 said:
@gx_saurav.

Just to correct you in one instance. Bart_PE is not a Windows Live CD.

Actually, u can install many portable apps in BartPE to make it Live CD like i m using here.

Bluetooth works out of box for Ubuntu (No you don't need BlueSolelil as you would do in Windows).

Nope, for transfering files u again don't need bluesoliel in Vista. U need it only if u want to sync & use phone as HID etc

And gx_saurav the Pinnacle PCTV 100 works fine on Ubuntu (with MythTv and TvTime)

Not for me.

Media Library software... to hell with them they are useless for guys like me who have all their media nicely organised in folders. As I said, with linux, you need to be smart. I am smarter than WMP11, thats for sure. what a mess it made with my media files! it can't even play DVDs. Cheap stuff. Just a waste of disc space and RAM. WMP6.4 was much better.

Lolz...I have it in folders too, organised & library is still maintained. I wonder how u find it hard to manage a library.

Wrong, WMP11 in Vista plays DVDs out of the box. On any other OS u just need to install the codec (power dvd comes bundled with most DVD drives anyway)

While listening to the music(which is never only wma and mp3) of my library with a multitude of formats like HE-AAC, LC-AAC, RealAudio, Vorbis, Speex, FLAC, WavPack, MusePack, AC3, etc along with mp3 and perhaps a single wma,

They all play in WMP11 just fine.

I hate syncing. whats the bloody use of it?

Lolz...I won't argue with u on anything else now :D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
iMav -
I knew trouble was around when you wanted to post in Fight Club and not in OSS. Pure BS going on, just a handful of useful posts on the topic we have on hand.

All your Ubuntu adventures be posted in your thread in OSS section. You can copy your 'review' to that thread and ask members to discuss. No need for this thread and turning out to be a flame bait. Already warned by shantanu and thread reported by members.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom