GFX Card req.

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
Hi frnds, glad to be back with a new query...My old NVIDIA 8600gt 256mb is dead...so i`m on the lookout of a new GFX card..now i have a lil tight budget considering my Usage..bcoz i work heavily on 3d rendering & extensive Photoshopping...So i very well know that Quadro FX is the min i need to consider...but that requirement will be met soon nxt year when i`m planning to buy a workstation..so for the time being can u suggest a gud GFX card not beyond max 5.5k..I play games too (med to heavy settings at max 1600 X 900)...also the SMPS is a VIP 500W...already (gonna have) have 2 hdds on board (1tb{coming soon} + 500gb)..Kindly advise..THANKS

ssb1551

Technomancer
Dunno much abt 3D rendering but if u wanna game at that budget then ur best bet should be HD5670(preferably 512MB version by Sapphire)!!

OP
sid_sh85

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
Hey guyss...thanks a ton..i did some research as well & found the 5670 to be better...i think i`ll go for this one..thanks again

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
^^ dude your resolution is way beyond your cards capability to play new games on max settings.
Though u can play by lowering the resolution..

Piyush

Lanaya
5670 512mb can handle most games pretty well at 1440 x *** resolution and some even at 1600 resolution (except crysis,BFBC2,GTA 4)
but resolutions lower than these are no problem at all

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get a 9800GT 512MB one - it's better than HD5670 in raw performance and has full support for CUDA and PhysX - only hitch is is it consumes 40-45W more power than HD5670 but it's a powerful beast which is still strong in gaming front.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Is 9800Gt under 5.5K ?
Last time I checked 9800GT and GTS250,both were over priced though they are old cards.....:(

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Dunno if they r overpriced but one can get Zotac 9800 GT 1GB for 6.5k @ theitwares.com!!Is it overpriced?

vwad

In the zone
^^Dunno if they r overpriced but one can get Zotac 9800 GT 1GB for 6.5k @ theitwares.com!!Is it overpriced?

Just learnt the theitwares prices as published are exclusive of taxes so we need to include 5% Tax in them.

Also if you are in Maharashtra, add the octroi @ 4% (new rate)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
9800GT with 512MB GDDR3 is just enough - get it from lynx-india and you will find couple of brands around 5.5k.

Top Bottom