Getting really good speeds on BSNL unlimited 2MBPS EVDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
*www.speedtest.net/result/325837664.png

This is the speed i am getting indoors in a completely isolated room.The service is really good with absolutely no downtimes.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Its low because the room is totally closed.If i get in an extension cable and hang it out of the window i will get excellent speeds.

Its low because the room is totally closed.If i get in an extension cable and hang it out of the window i will get excellent speeds.
Have you tried using some kind of home made signal booster ?

I don't know how EVDO works, but for radio and DD TV, I used to try connecting a wire to each of my windows (the grills) and getting them together touching the antina for high signal strength. That was quite a few years back, when I didn't have any cable at home.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I will be posting s review of nvidia's GPU physx.So ill be busy for a while.
I am currently getting extremely high speeds of upto 800Kbps.
I have tried gaming multiplayer and found that its possible to play games on BSNL evdo but sometimes the ping is too high.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@harvik Thats a OK speed.. I have observed over a month that my speed never crosses 63 KBps. I feel that BSNL is has put a 512 Kbps limitation in my circle. I get full signal cause the tower is less than a kilometer away from my home.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@Charan

u hav to be under an EVDO tower to access 2Mbps plan, otherwise the EVDO device will switch to normal 144kbps WLL plan

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Harvik & Charan

Can you both please tell me what pings do you get here with your EVDO connection to this server 203.215.243.113.........Thanx in advance. :)

I don't know how EVDO works, but for radio and DD TV, I used to try connecting a wire to each of my windows (the grills) and getting them together touching the antina for high signal strength. That was quite a few years back, when I didn't have any cable at home.
EVDO is just an improvement over CDMA. :) It works the same way a CDMA mobile works.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
how can i get an EVDO connection?
what is this ?
a wireless card like tata indicom?
Yes, its similar to Tata plug2sufr but speeds are more and charges are less:)
for taking a connection, visit customer service center at local exchange.
More information here --> *bsnlevdoclub.com/

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
@Harvik & Charan

Can you both please tell me what pings do you get here with your EVDO connection to this server 203.215.243.113.........Thanx in advance. :)

When Harvik780 Plays @ My CoD4 Server, he gets 210-240ms Ping which is pretty high.So They use their 256kbps Sify broadband for gaming as their BSNL gives high pings.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
@Harvik & Charan

EVDO is just an improvement over CDMA. :) It works the same way a CDMA mobile works.

Very high ping on that server >>1sec.
BTW it is only possible to play games on EVDO if your closer to the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom