Getting Mobile Phone from abroad IMEI doubt

CloudS

Broken In
I am buying a cell phone from France and research indicates that it does have a IMEI number but its not registered and I may face problem using in India.

I am thinking of trying my Indian SIM in that cell phone before buying and see if I get an error or I get signal and make calls.
Is method of checking fine, or is there a possibility that the Indian SIM will work in France without error but will give error of IMEI when I use it in India?

Please reply ASAP!

Tech&ME

Banned
I am buying a cell phone from France and research indicates that it does have a IMEI number but its not registered and I may face problem using in India.

I am thinking of trying my Indian SIM in that cell phone before buying and see if I get an error or I get signal and make calls.
Is method of checking fine, or is there a possibility that the Indian SIM will work in France without error but will give error of IMEI when I use it in India?

Please reply ASAP!

Dude your concept of IMEI is totally wrong.

1. IMEI is a unique number given to each and every device during the manufacturing process.

2. IMEI can only be used to identify the device (Not USER).

3. IMEI can be used by your network provider to identify the location of your stolen device only.

4. Network Operator on your request can block the IMEI which will make the handset with that IMEI useless.

Regarding SIM:

1. Any GSM sim will work on all the GSM handset that supports that technology.

2. If Indian Cellular Network is available in FRANCE then your Indian SIM will work there. (some networks like Airtel works out of the box in some European Countries, check with your respective Network Provider)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Please reply ASAP!

What kind of phone is it? If it is some chinese ****, better not get it.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
AFAIK, IMEI stands for "International Mobile Equipment Identity"

so, i think you get the rest of the concepts clear

Top Bottom