Getting a new mobile within few days

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
So I wanted to buy a new android within 10k or so last month, but had to postpone the purchase back then. I"ll be buying it next week.

Looking forward to get the HTC Explorer or LG Optimus P690. So, in need of some suggestions.
1. Budget? 8-8.5 K
2. Display type and size? Touch 3.2 " or so
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? HTC/LG/Moto/Samsung
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Not necessary
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3g wifi etc.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Gaming Internet Multimedia
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? HTC explorer / LG Optimus
12. Any other info that you want to share : - Please let me know at how much rate are these two available locally in Kolkata, if possible. Thanks

OP
soumo27

soumo27

I don't wish to wait for Mini2 at all...So isn't LG optimus net a good choice too? What do you think?
Should I get explorer or optimus net? :O

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^HTC explorer does not have auto focus. Optimus Net has. Thats one of the major differences. However, in the looks dept and build, the Explorer wins. Optimus net looks really... boring. Also, AFAIK, Explorer does not come with bundled earphones.

Personally, I'd choose the Optimus Net.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Lol..look at op's budget...what can you get in that ...an iPhone or s3...?

care to check what is recommended and compare it to the list of craps mobiles you have provided? i have used almost all these lowend Androids and first reaction was the screen is extremely poor. And that ends the point of having any of these mobiles.

I don't wish to wait for Mini2 at all...So isn't LG optimus net a good choice too? What do you think?
Should I get explorer or optimus net? :O

Mini2 is at least 2-3months away. and it'll have the same processor as Explorer but run on ICS unlike it and have heard will bump the lock to 800Mhz.

^^^HTC explorer does not have auto focus. Optimus Net has. Thats one of the major differences. However, in the looks dept and build, the Explorer wins. Optimus net looks really... boring.

Optimus Net wins in only 2 points: camera & internal free memory. heard battery life of explorer is lot better than others (which i really doubt) but Explorer looks really cute :p

Also, AFAIK, Explorer does not come with bundled earphones.

Personally, I'd choose the Optimus Net.

it ships with earphone. confirmed it from members here who have bough it.

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^Ok, maybe they have included earphones in the package now. Earlier HTC had omitted them. And a major problem is that most other 3.5 mm jack headphones don't work with it. So if someone is not happy with the provided earphones, then the issue still stands.

Net has 1,500 mAh battery. Explorer's battery is of significantly smaller capacity. However, it uses a different proccy and chipset, so difficult to compare in the real world. Only someone who has done an actual comparison can comment. But I seriously doubt the Explorer would give better batt backup. For battery and cam, I feel Net is a better option. Also, I'v had better experience with LG service.

OP
soumo27

soumo27

Well Explorer gives earphones...I;ve checked...and Net doesnt look attractive at all...
Thanks for your suggestions.
Will get the explorer tomorrow :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Previously it was not coming with earphones, recently the company have started providing it.

thanks for the info. they did everything right with explorer but sad to see most still openly going for Galaxy Y. unaware of HTC.

and Net doesnt look attractive at all...
Thanks for your suggestions.
Will get the explorer tomorrow :)

Net has rubber back so it won't attract scratches or fingerprints. Explorer have glossy back i guess.

And a major problem is that most other 3.5 mm jack headphones don't work with it. So if someone is not happy with the provided earphones, then the issue still stands.

the 3.5mm jack is too hard to fit.

Explorer should consume less power. so battery backup should be same at more for explorer during load and same for idle.

aroraanant

Explorer
Explorer have glossy back i guess.
No its also a rubber back or can say have the feather touch finish, but it looks good
The best thing about explorer is the screen, specially its touch.And the performance of the phone is very good as compared to the other phones in the price bracket

Raccoon

Journeyman
Well, another thing about the Net is that despite having a non-glass screen, it seems to be surprisingly scratch resistant. Back is also quite scratch resistant.The shopkeeper demoed it by attempting to scratch screen and back of his working piece with fingernails, pen and other objects. Besides that, the touch and screen is quite at par with Explorer, if not better. But yes, its not a good looking phone by any angle. But for "substance" its probably the best in its price range.

Top Bottom