"Gentleman's" guide of posting in this section? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innara

Broken In
Way to be sexist. Way to attract female audience. Of course gamers are all men! I've some nerve stepping in here as a woman!

Although I wonder why I expected anything else...our society is god awfully sexist, why would this be any different?

I must say though I'm extremely disappointed in the ThinkDigit staff who allow for such stereotypes to perpetuate. I love the magazine and always knew the majority of their audience is young and male, but this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
First, welcome to the forum.
Second, we know that there are many female gamers out there. And the title of the thread was not to offend any of the female gamer communities.
The "Gentleman's" word is not be taken literally, but as a metaphor!

Happy gaming.

PS: We have a dedicated slot of respect for female gamers! So thanks for letting us know about you. ;)

shruti

Broken In
may be there can be a better title... but don't you think you are making an unnecessary fuss of it?

i can't see anyone being sexist here.

if you choose to blame.. then blame the thread starter and moderators... lol :p :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
She has an issue with the title having "Gentleman" not "Gentle-woman".

And, Innara, as Shruti has rightly said...you are making a fuss of it. Let me give you an idea on how to exploit this thing. As its directed for "Gentleman" not woman you are free to do anything.

Or you want to be bound by rules as like us? Enjoy the freedom, eh?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
*www.droidforums.net/forum/attachments/droid-news/47077d1328734115-google-chrome-android-beta-available-now-notsureifserious.png

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, it wasn't meant to offend by any means and again sorry if you found it offending.

I've edited the thread title. I hope it's okay now.

If you have any query, then feel free to PM me or start a new thread, preferably in the Chit-Chat section.

Way to be sexist. Way to attract female audience. Of course gamers are all men! I've some nerve stepping in here as a woman!

Although I wonder why I expected anything else...our society is god awfully sexist, why would this be any different?

I must say though I'm extremely disappointed in the ThinkDigit staff who allow for such stereotypes to perpetuate. I love the magazine and always knew the majority of their audience is young and male, but this is ridiculous.

Well, my deepest apologies for naming the thread in a "Sexist" way. We never meant to hurt anyone's sentiments. We were mislead by the proverb "Man is mortal".

I have always wondered why it isn't "Woman is mortal" or perhaps "Homo sapiens is mortal" . :-?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
She has an issue with the title having "Gentleman" not "Gentle-woman".

And, Innara, as Shruti has rightly said...you are making a fuss of it. Let me give you an idea on how to exploit this thing. As its directed for "Gentleman" not woman you are free to do anything.

Or you want to be bound by rules as like us? Enjoy the freedom, eh?

too late now, ico has changed the title.

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
Well, my deepest apologies for naming the thread in a "Sexist" way. We never meant to hurt anyone's sentiments. We were mislead by the proverb "Man is mortal".

I have always wondered why it isn't "Woman is mortal" or perhaps "Homo sapiens is mortal" . :-?

:lol:

As for the OP, quite a rant and achieved what she wanted with a single post. :-o

Since the name has been changed, this thread is quite pointless now. Should be closed. or is it offensive to close it without the OP's approval? :-?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't care if it's "Gentleman's or some other word but I think gamers are mature enough and they know it's ( the guide ) for all the gamers regardless of sex/race and they know this forum and like minded gamers better than any feminist - My words may seem strong but truth is truth - any gamers out there have any question in calling the earth as " Mother Earth " just for using the word " Mother " - I think not and I think gamers out there got my point clearly ;-)

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
WTF guys, some spammer come to forum when he/she gets bored from facebook and u guys started changing the titles of thread.cricket is also known as gentlemen game so this girl should complain .gentlemen does not indicate towards male it indicates toward good attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom