Ganguly in line for recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
for all supporters of Sachin...dont you think he is well past his prime?
he has been a great player, no doubt, but how many times has he delivered in times of need?
And inspite of being a "bengali", I dont think dada can make any significant difference. Maybe he can boost the morale of the team, not much more.IMHO, both dada and sachin should be kept out of the team for a while.However the tragedy is that while dada has to prove himself , Sachin can enjoy a permanent seat in the team as long as he wishes, with everybody eagerly awating the next "miracle" he will perform, even if it takes another 50 matches to do so...
Sorry if I have hurt sentiment of fellow digitians...I have only said what I felt is true. I will be very happy if Sachin can take an active part in "Team India"'s recovery .

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Sachin's scores in the last 14 test innings (thanks to cricinfo for all these stats):

23, 19, DNB, -, DNB, -, 14, DNB, 23, 26, 16, 28*, 4, DNB, 1, 34.

Now I am not finding a 50...? Can anyone find it?:D

And Royal (jokes apart): thanks, you are bang on target at least on one point. The tragedy is that in spite of having a similar form in tests, Dada has to prove himself in domestic cricket whereas Sachin is still going on in the first team. And when I say the hard truth, many people here are offended and take the case as a direct biased attack on Bengal and Bengalees. I am just holding up the facts and telling what I feel. I also feel that in spite of these statistics which everyone can see, people are afraid to drop the once God of Indian cricket (till 2004-05 season, not now). He was also my cricketing hero. But once people started hurting the local community sentiments combined with Sachin's drastic fall from the peak, I have started hating Sachin and expressing my opinions in the fag end of 2006 when I could have started this as well in 2005 during the SG-GC spat.

Post edit: Just in, Ganguly recalled to test side. source: www.rediff.com, www.cricinfo.com

Hooray :):):)

Last edited:

LegendKiller

In the zone
thank god,now finally "Sorrow's" supporters will stop crying in public...

And also CPI-M has done it again for sourav..otherwise everyone knows dada's prowess against short-pitched bowling..

Digitized really makes me laugh nowadays,he never comments,sheepishly,on the fact that ganguly hasn't scored a century against any major team in last 3 years....

His last odi century against a major team(england) came in 2002
His last test century against a major team(AUS) came in 2003...

So digitized and fellow dada fans plzzz comment on the above point...

A player who hasn't scored an odi century for 4 years against a major team is being called???

23, 19, DNB, -, DNB, -, 14, DNB, 23, 26, 16, 28*, 4, DNB, 1, 34.

Now I am not finding a 50...? Can anyone find it?:D

And Royal (jokes apart): thanks, you are bang on target at least on one point. The tragedy is that in spite of having a similar form in tests, Dada has to prove himself in domestic cricket whereas Sachin is still going on in the first team. And when I say the hard truth, many people here are offended and take the case as a direct biased attack on Bengal and Bengalees. I am just holding up the facts and telling what I feel. I also feel that in spite of these statistics which everyone can see, people are afraid to drop the once God of Indian cricket (till 2004-05 season, not now). He was also my cricketing hero. But once people started hurting the local community sentiments combined with Sachin's drastic fall from the peak, I have started hating Sachin and expressing my opinions in the fag end of 2006 when I could have started this as well in 2005 during the SG-GC spat.

Post edit: Just in, Ganguly recalled to test side. source: www.rediff.com, www.cricinfo.com

Hooray :):):)
Also,u have clearly stated that u dis-like sachin,not because of performance,but because of saurav's exclusion..

And what did ya say??? attack on local community???---look who's talking?

Indian team was booed just b'coz of a "deadwood" like gone-guly(or ganguly if u like)....

Was that fair?? being boooed in front of foreigners....isn't that being a traitor?

Also sunny boy do comment on points i raised above,dada in-ability to score against major sides for good 3yrs...

Last edited:

overclocker

Journeyman
Who said that evey Bengali supports Saurav Ganguly even if he gets 0's in next 50 inngs, yes I being a bengali also think that if Saurav ganguly does not score in Domestic level cricket should not get him a chance in Inetrnational cricket.. my favourite player is Rahul Dravid but if u ask me who is my fav skipper then obviously Sourav Ganguly in that platform Rahul Dravid is far behind from him.. bcz captency is not a similar job like batting u need a lot of mentally ability or ability to take lots of mentaly pressure.. ability to right judgement in a crutial moment..to encourage the game spirit among the player.. potentiality to lead the team.. if u successfully do this job then u getting success but for Rahul dravid we can see totally different nd don't mind he has not such kind of ability..also he depends on Greg Chappel much more than himself to take any dicission..but now my headache is the poor performance of Indian cricket team not Saurav Gan.. if Rahul Dravid does not take any dicission on judgement of himself if he always depends on Greg Chappel or does not achive this area.. it is not a good sign for future of Indian cricket team nd also his captency...otherwise it may be said that the same scenario would be waiting for him like S.G.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
:mad:
LegendKiller said:
thank god,now finally "Sorrow's" supporters will stop crying in public...

And also CPI-M has done it again for sourav..otherwise everyone knows dada's prowess against short-pitched bowling..

Digitized really makes me laugh nowadays,he never comments,sheepishly,on the fact that ganguly hasn't scored a century against any major team in last 3 years....

His last odi century against a major team(england) came in 2002
His last test century against a major team(AUS) came in 2003...

So digitized and fellow dada fans plzzz comment on the above point...

A player who hasn't scored an odi century for 4 years against a major team is being called???

Also,u have clearly stated that u dis-like sachin,not because of performance,but because of saurav's exclusion..

And what did ya say??? attack on local community???---look who's talking?

Indian team was booed just b'coz of a "deadwood" like gone-guly(or ganguly if u like)....

Was that fair?? being boooed in front of foreigners....isn't that being a traitor?

Also sunny boy do comment on points i raised above,dada in-ability to score against major sides for good 3yrs...

This post really proves that I have hit the nail on the head.:D There are few people here who can accept the harsh truth. Instead of questioning Dada's form, first I want an answer to Sachin's poor form (proof in terms of stats in wa my previous post) in the last 1 1/2 years and the justification why he will he be in the team in spite of not so good form?

soham

In the zone
For all you Saurav haters, I know Ganguly might not be the great player he was in the past and he might not perform well in South Africa. But find atleast 11 players who are playing better than him and are currently in team and then I will surely agree that Saurav should be left out.
By the way All the best to Dada.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
LegendKiller said:
ur wrong their buddy,i have hardly seen anybody criticising dada on tv..on the contrary dravid/chappell/sachin have wrongly criticised without any reason..by dada's sympathizers in the media..

Didn't Chappel Himself criticise Ganguly ??
Didn't he even sent an E-Mail to BCCI & Media ...

For the time being forget Dravid, Ganguly, Tendullkar etc....
First let us find out what the problem is ....second, let us attack the root cause of the problem not persons A,B,C,D or E....
==============================================

All I wanted to say that Ganguly has been a victim of people with vested interests.....

Even Kapil Dev or Ravi Shastri used to have poor batting averages during their cricketing days. So much so that Ravi Shastri once featured on ZEE Tv's Aap Ki Adalat & he was grilled by Rajat sharma, Host of that program.

Sunil Gavaskar bats right through 60 overs for his 36 Notout .... These are the same experts giving their expert views on the Indian Cricket !!!

When India used to loose matches during Shastri-Gavaskar days, there was not such an outcry but when the current team fails, all expert analysis kicks in !!! This is what I am talking about.

At times there was too much dependancy on Tendulkar. If he was out, India would loose.

In the 90's a group of Youngsters (Dravid, Ganguly, Lakshman, Javagal Srinath & Anil Kumble) joined the party and upped the standards of Indian Cricket. [This is what I want to stress] They ensured that even if tendulkar was out, it was not the end as one or the other used to fire.....

Once these "youngsters" became old (Some of them retired) and BCCI could not find suitable replacements, Indian cricket went back to Square One !!! That's it.

Now it is upto youngsters like, Patan, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Dhoni, Raina, Kaif, Yuvraj to steady the ship & up the standards....

These people are not having same instinct which Dravid, Ganguly, Lakshman, Srinath or kumble had in their younger days. That is the root cause for all this failures.

PS:-- Why is this topic in random news? This should be moved into fight club!!

Last edited:

LegendKiller

In the zone
digitized said:

This post really proves that I have hit the nail on the head.:D There are few people here who can accept the harsh truth. Instead of questioning Dada's form, first I want an answer to Sachin's poor form (proof in terms of stats in wa my previous post) in the last 1 1/2 years and the justification why he will he be in the team in spite of not so good form?
How can you question sachin's form when dada himself hasn't scored a century in 3 years...
Are you a mentally in-capable to see a situation properly??

It seems so,otherwise who can question sachin's form for a player who last scored a century in 2002?

Also it is very easy for you to pin-point others coz dada isn't playing intl. cricket...

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
Ctrl + C Ctr + v ed from rediff.com
Sourav Ganguly on Thursday made a comeback to the Indian Test team after ten months for the three-match series against South Africa beginning on December 15.
The selectors also dropped Mohammad Kaif and Suresh Raina from the squad and removed out of form Virender Sehwag from vice-captaincy, which now goes to VVS Laxman.
The decision to recall Ganguly was taken by the national selectors, who, significantly, met Board of Control for Cricket in India President Sharad Pawar at his residence in New Delhi before their meeting to select the 16-member squad for the three-Test series against South Africa, beginning on December 15.
The Bengal left-hander, who has had reasonable success in domestic matches, was widely speculated to make it to the team after the relatively inexperienced Indian side struggled on fast-paced South African tracks to suffer one humiliating defeat after another.
Ganguly comes in the place of an injured Yuvraj Singh in the middle order while Zaheer Khan was rewarded for his show in the one-dayers with a Test berth.
Team: Rahul Dravid (captain), Wasim Jaffer, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wicketkeeper), VVS Laxman (vice-captain), Dinesh Kaarthick, Harbhajan Singh, Anil Kumble, Munaf Patel, Irfan Pathan, VRV Singh, Zaheer Khan and S Sreesanth.

LegendKiller

In the zone
digitized said:

also on brighter note,now you(guys) won't be crying like 3-yr old kid who's "lolly-pop" has been snatched away...

Come-on cheer-up now,atleast,and show the world that ur indeed an "adult" and not a "diaper" wearing kiddo..

R

Rasputin

Well,just logged-on to digit and i am quite surprised that this forum isn't also free of cricket debates..ahhh
Well it took me 15mins to clearlly to understand who's slamming who...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well one thing i will say that you will never come across a more biased person than a bengali..
They refuse to accept others point of view..like here with abhijit dutta/digitized who continues to harp on the same point no matter what you say to him..
Like its true that sourab has not scored a century since 2003,but still he will conveniently miss sachin's 144 against windies..

Also everyone knows that dada has not returned on merit but by using his political sources with CPM.

Its only to be seen,whether he can perform!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kl_ravi said:
PS:-- Why is this topic in random news? This should be moved into fight club!!
Because I had posted it as a news item. I did not know it would lead to a debate. :)

Sourabh

Laptoping
Moved to Fight Club. Be it in any forum section, personal comments would not be tolerated. Enter the argument only if you have some valid point to make to carry the discussion forward.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i am the happiest of all....:D :D :D

Now it will not be only SACHIN who is being watched and critisized by DIGITIZED....now WE SACHIN FANS....have some thing to watch out for..apart from MASTER BLASTERS great batting ;)........

Now it will settle score once for and all.....

DADA will surely play 1st test...so get ur DICTIONARY out ..and be ready :D :D :D...it FIGHT CLUB :)

LegendKiller

In the zone
wow,i am amazed that people have been complaining to mods regarding my posting...
hmmm..i feel some people are not able to take their own medicine..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
as wizrulz said,finally we will also get something to criticize about..

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I am happy that He is in, Just saw in TV news

Source : BBC
*news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/india/6158641.stm

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
These sorrow-gone supporters r really CRY BABIES...they r now giving -VE REP as i am SUPPORTING SACHIN.....

GET A LIFE AND GROW UP GUYS.....

royal

Padawan
Well inspite of the debate, almost all will agree that both dada and sachin have not been performing well...since dada was dropped due to poor form so it is only natural that sachin should also be dropped. I think this step would have been appropriate rather than including dada once again in the team.What surprises me is the fact that its normal when a Maharastrian supports Sachin but when a Bengali supports dada, all hell breaks loose...why is this so ? :confused:
And believe me, there are a lot of sachin fans out here in Bengal so please do not malice bengalis as stubborn or say that all bengalis are blind supporters of dada.We would however like to see Sachin actually perform rather than being in the team on the merit of his past performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom