Gaming Rig for 35K Urgently

dippi_taurus

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming mainly like Diablo III, Crysis, Skyrim, Photoshop, watch HD movies, basic everyday work.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs.30,000. Max: Rs.35,000.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Never

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7 Ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB - 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Preferably 19" wide - 20"/21" wide.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Don't need AMD Processors.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within this week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Wanna buy local stuff only.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please don't mention AMD configs. Please suggest an Intel i5 setup. Will also need a Laser Printer. UPS optional.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol... "completely new gaming PC"...."budget 35K with a laser printer in that" "i want Intel i5" "500 GB or 1TB Hard Disk"

i3-2100 is max you can get in your budget if you don't want to compromise on a graphic card.

Do a price check and some research before creating threads.

RaMpAgEr^GodZ

Broken In
In 35k u can get the setup you want. Just have to wait more. 4 yrs I guess!
Just save you money and keep seeing It like Me.
I have saved Nearly about 60k but cant buy a comp as my dad is anti-comp man.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Lol.......Add another 10-20k for your config.then you'll get what you want.Or compromise on somethings

OP
dippi_taurus

dippi_taurus

Broken In
lol... "completely new gaming PC"...."budget 35K with a laser printer in that" "i want Intel i5" "500 GB or 1TB Hard Disk"

i3-2100 is max you can get in your budget if you don't want to compromise on a graphic card.

Dude I said suggest and I did not demand for an i5. So, you can still suggest an i3. So, stop being rude and please help.

Do a price check and some research before creating threads.
Look I created the thread hoping that since you guys are so up to date with current pricing you would suggest one for me. I can't do a price check or research if you guys don't suggest a config first.

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
And what is the reason behind no AMD? I mean there should be some reason for that. You significantly narrow the scope of your config without explanation and expect to be spoon fed with every detail. That's not the way it works.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 5900 (4 cores)
Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 @ 4200
4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM @ 1200
500 GB WD Caviar Blue/Seagate Hard Disk @ 4800
NZXT Gamma Cabinet @ 2100
Corsair CX430v2 PSU @ 2200
Monitor of your choice @ 6500
Radeon HD 6850 graphic card @ 9000
Logitech Keyboard mouse combo @ 500
Logitech Z313 speakers @ 1600
Intex 1KVA UPS @ 1800
DVD Writer @ 1000

HP Laserjet p1007 printer @ 5000

Total = ~46,000.

-------------------------

Core i3-2100 = 6900. (2 hyperthreaded cores)
Intel DH67CL = 5000.
Core i5-2320 = 10000. (4 cores)
Radeon HD 6770 graphic card = 7500.

In any case, gaming performance is mainly decided by the graphic card. Not by the processor.

Ans: Don't need AMD Processors.

Ans: Please don't mention AMD configs.
You got the reply in the same tone you created the thread. "Don't mention" --> If something is more suitable for you, we'll mention it. In guidelines we have clearly said that please research and post with an open mind. :) If you don't do that and get some minor slack, you deserve it. :|

Look I created the thread hoping that since you guys are so up to date with current pricing you would suggest one for me. I can't do a price check or research if you guys don't suggest a config first.
Sticky threads are only a click away mate. :) Right in front of you - with the latest information. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/150819-pc-buying-guide-2012-q1.html

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ dippi_taurus

As per your signature, you've got a 2600k+z68+6950 2gb+ AX 850. And not to forget H80 water cooler with a hafx cabby. Dude these are high end stuff and we guessed you must be smart enough to know prices.

Really how can you fit an i5 based complete system with laser printer under 35k? And what's wrong with AMD?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i5 + a suitable HD61 (H67 is recommended) will cost 15k (14k at least)
2Gb ram + 500Gb HDD will add another 5.2k
cheapest HD6850 will cost ~8.8k (lot more locally for sure)
a 20" monitor cost 5.8-6k (maybe more locally)
a suitable PSU + cabinet will add another 3.5k or more.
a basic keyboard + speaker system will add another 2k at the minimum

total has already crossed 40k & laser printer is yet to be added. even removing the GPU (hence sacrificing any kind of gaming capability) won't allow a laser printer to be added. though a cheap entry level inkjet all-in-one will be possible.

i hope OP understands this else he better ask the shopkeeper to make a i5 config for him which they'll do happily packing i5 with desi crap items & some entrylevel GPU.

Top Bottom