gaming rig at 30000

sanny16

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: applications like ms office 2010, adobe cs5, vlc, winamp. games like mass effect 3, fifa 13.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: As of now my budget is Rs.30,000. I am just looking for the basic parts later on i will add graphic card.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not really but if it comes in budget then yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 tb (7200 rpm)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: LED 22'' with hdmi,dvi ports.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: keyboard, mouse, speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:1st week of oct most probably

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:no, this will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I stay in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. Yes, i am open to online shopping.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am looking to add a wifi card in the system. one of my friend told that usb wifi adapter does not work so well so i am going for wifi pci card. I need a mother board with inbuilt graphic memory of 1gb so that it could run win7. I will later add graphic card due to budget constraint. My main focus is to get the fundamentals right that is the main components then later i can addon other parts.
Amd processor are cheaper and better in specs like ghz, cache at a cheaper price as compared to intel. Is it advisable to go for amd processor for gaming?
And i want the motherboard to have usb 3.0 and the cabinet should have good cooling system as well as two usb port in front of the cabin along with the audio and mic port. I want usb 3.0 in the front part of cabinet.

Can a newbie attempt to assemble a gaming rig? Because i don't know the compatibility of each other parts. should i go to shop for assembling? They are not charging any thing extra for assembling. How do i partition a fresh HDD without installing windows?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
wait for others to give detailed config & in the meantime read some similar priced config threads in this section.before that though let me clear some of your doubts/queries.for gaming intel wins hands down against amd,no competition there.most people now-a-days use usb wifi adapter which is hassle free unlike pci cards.running win 7 does not depend on inbuilt motherboard graphics memory which btw is not even present in intel mobos because intel processors itself have integrated graphics.also do not buy anything before getting some replies here no matter how much the shopkeeper/friends insist.

OP
sanny16

sanny16

Journeyman
thnx whitestar for clearing my doubts and advice. So i need a dedicated graphic card for running windows 7?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no.dedicated graphics card is only needed for win 7 if you go for amd mobo with no integrated graphics(like 970 series).intel processors have inbuilt graphics so no need for a graphics card to install win 7.you should also mention which graphics card are you planning to buy/expected budget of graphics card because that will decide the rest of the config within 30000.

saswat23

Human Spambot
I suggest:
* Intel i3-2100 -- 6.8k
* Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H -- 4.3k
* Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM -- 1.3k
* WDC Blue 500GB HDD -- 3.6k
* HP 24x DVD-RW -- 1k
* NZXT source Elite 210 -- 2.6k
* COrsair VS-450 -- 2.4k
* Dell ST2220L HD LED -- 8.8k
Total ---- 30.8k

OP
sanny16

sanny16

Journeyman
thnx for the config nearing to budget..saswat. I wanted to know details like how much ghz for i3? gigabyte motherboard has usb 3.0? HDD rpm and cache memory details? Ram mhz details? More mhz of ram is better like 1860 mhz? And larger cache memory like 64 mb is better for hdd performance?
@whitestar.. apart from 30,000 my expected for dedicated graphic card is Rs.10,000.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if possible expand your budget by ~2000 & get cheapest i5 for ~9000 in place of i3 2100 with rest of the config same as suggested by @saswat23.gigabyte B75MD3H has usb 3 & corsair 1*4gb 1333 ram is sufficient.almost all hdd's now-a-days have 64mb cache.

OP
sanny16

sanny16

Journeyman
once again thnx whitestar. that was helpful. whats ghz of i5 at 9000? i want ghz of processor to be above 3.0 becoz some games require that much speed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no game require minimum 3.0GHz core i5.you are probably mistaking single/dual core 3GHz requirement of older processors.clock speed is not everything.a 2.6GHz pentium dual core(based on core i 2nd generation) is faster than an older 3GHz core2duo.still in lamington road you should be able to get i5 2320 3.0GHz for ~10000.

Top Bottom