Gaming PC Within 20 - 23k suggestion

Is my Crt moniter compatible with h55m-s2 gigabyte mobo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

himanshu978

Right off the assembly line
I am planing to assemble a computer for my gaming purpose:
Here i suggest my requirement u guys only have to comment my pc is this "okay or not"
1 gigabyte h55 m-s2 = 4.2k
2 core i3 530 2.93 ghz= 4.8
3 2 gb 1333 mhz DDR3 RAM corsair = 2.2k + 2.2K (for 2gb more ram)
4 NVIDIA 9500 GT 1 gb = 3 K
5 500 gb Sata wd Hard disk =1.8
6 Asus IDE DVD RW = 1.1 K
7 gigabyte cabinet Sumo 5115 with power supply = 1.9
8 Lan card, Usb card, sound card (firewire),Keyboard and mouse =700 rs

total amount 22,000 Approx
please if i m missing anything let me know, I m very greatful to all of you.
Please give me the suggestion related to my pc

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
2*2GB DDR3 1333 MHz (Kingston Value) @ 3.5k
WD Caviar Blue 500GB @ 1.9k
DVD RW @ 1.2k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Total 17.6K
This leaves 6k for the graphic card.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
@ishu
you forgot the psu and also the size of the harddisk.
@himanshu
At what resolution do you intend to play games at? 9500 is only good for 1024x768 anything above that gives severe lag.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
UPDATE
AMD Athlon II x3 435 @ 3.6k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
2*2GB DDR3 1333 MHz (Kingston Value) @ 3.5k
WD Caviar Blue 500GB @ 1.9k
DVD RW @ 1.2k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
FPS Saga II 400W @ 2k
HD5670 512MB @ 5k
TOTAL 23.2K

Cilus

laborare est orare
Very good suggestion Ishu Gupta. Op should go with that config. It will provide better performance than comparable Intel based config.

himanshu978, if you can extend your budget 1k more, then you can get a Athlon II X4 630 2.8 GHz @ 4.4K. It is a great processor for gaming as well as multi-threaded applications and offers better future-proof solution

ssb1551

Technomancer
"2*2GB DDR3 1333 MHz (Kingston Value) @ 3.5k" - u sure??coz the cheapest I found it for 2.1k(without shipping)!!

pegasus

Journeyman
If you are keen on an Intel config,
i3 530/540 - 5K approx
ASUS P7H55-M LX - 4.2K approx ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
(6x sideways SATA ports that won't get blocked by big gfx cards, DVI out for those who will use onboard gfx for LCD monitor- not applicable to you, ...)
2GB DDR3 1333MHz- 2K approx
500GB Seagate 7200.12 - 1.7K approx
DVD writer - 1K approx
FSP SAGAII 400 - 2K approx
CM Elite 310 - 1.6K approx
HD4670 1GB - 4K approx/HD5670 1GB - 6K approx
Total- 21.5K-23.5K approx (2K approx more for 2x 2GB RAM)
I am planing to assemble a computer for my gaming purpose:
Here i suggest my requirement u guys only have to comment my pc is this "okay or not"
1 gigabyte h55 m-s2 = 4.2k
2 core i3 530 2.93 ghz= 4.8
3 2 gb 1333 mhz DDR3 RAM corsair = 2.2k + 2.2K (for 2gb more ram)
4 NVIDIA 9500 GT 1 gb = 3 K
5 500 gb Sata wd Hard disk =1.8
6 Asus IDE DVD RW = 1.1 K
7 gigabyte cabinet Sumo 5115 with power supply = 1.9
8 Lan card, Usb card, sound card (firewire),Keyboard and mouse =700 rs

total amount 22,000 Approx
please if i m missing anything let me know, I m very greatful to all of you.
Please give me the suggestion related to my pc
Sumo 5115 with PSU for 1.9K? :???:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE SUMO 5115 GZ-FA1CAR-AJB Black Aluminum ATX Full GAMING Tower Computer Case
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE/Computer Cases

Last edited:

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
@Ishu & @ssb
The listed ram is a "SINGLE" channel. For some odd reason my existing entry was deleted. The Dual channel value ram is Rs. 2100.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
@ishu: dual channel is, iirc, the amount of fsb it covers. Thats 667Mhz x 2 (=1333) for dual. Hence it's able to pump up the clock frequencies. Same goes for the tri channel.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
My bad (good thing i used 'iirc'. As it turns out i didn't 'rc'). Can you tell me the correct one then?

From Wiki:

Under the single-channel architecture, any CPU with a bus speed greater than the memory speed would be susceptible to this bottleneck effect.
The dual-channel configuration alleviates the problem by doubling the amount of available memory bandwidth.

Again IIRC DDR is memory transfer x2, with each clock cycle.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
DDR means that ram can deliver 2 data items in each clock cycle. thats why rams are labeled as 1333mhz instead of 667mhz

dual channel doubles the communication b/w memory controller and ram. the proccy is faster than ram and so it has to wait for the data from ram. in the wait time its idle. so to reduce this wait time the communication is doubled and the system performance increases with dual channel memory configuration.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Well, I'm clear on the DDR part as in my prev. post. But isn't reducing the proc idle time equivalent to covering the fsb?
I might be wrong in drawing lines b/w Dual Channel & 667Mhz x2.

ssb1551

Technomancer
DDR means that ram can deliver 2 data items in each clock cycle. thats why rams are labeled as 1333mhz instead of 667mhz

dual channel doubles the communication b/w memory controller and ram. the proccy is faster than ram and so it has to wait for the data from ram. in the wait time its idle. so to reduce this wait time the communication is doubled and the system performance increases with dual channel memory configuration.

Hey Jas wanna know some things abt all this.But 1st lemme tell ya tht I suck at Microprocessor(1 of my least fav subs).Jus wanna know from a lay man's point of view - will there b a significant increase in performance if 1 goes for dual channel configuration?
for e.g I hv a single stick of 2GB DDR3 1333MHz.If I add another 2GB will my system become fast(like reduction in shut-down n start up time,programs openin fast,games workin fast)?I convert video files from 1 format to another usin h.264.Will conversion time reduce significantly if I add another 2GB stick?

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
@ssb1551: Yes. Dual channel merely occupies the fsb so that the processor does *not* remain idle. It's like 2 channels in parallel i/o instead of sequential i/o.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
People, I am not asking the meaning of dual channel. I know DC just increases communication speed between RAM & Controller
I am asking that is there any difference between dual channel ram stick and single channel ram stick?? Don't you just insert same ram in alternate slots for dual channel??

@Ishu & @ssb
The listed ram is a "SINGLE" channel. For some odd reason my existing entry was deleted. The Dual channel value ram is Rs. 2100.
My query was in response to this post. I don't think that there are "special" Dual Channel ram sticks. Just Dual channel kits for easy finding of same RAM.

Last edited: