Gaming PC (Ryzen) Specs Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Yup go for the cheapest one unless it has bad reviews about heating and all. Mini version means single fan GPU aimed for small form factor builds. It'll do a fine job unless you have plans to overclock to extreme because of limited heat dissipation area and fan.

PSU I'm not sure. Check this thread. PSU Tier List Updated
I'm not sure how relevant or true that list it but most people follow it. Just check the above thread and avoid the PSUs in lower tiers.

The processor that you are getting, are you getting it alone or with stock cooler? If not you may have to buy a CPU cooler which will add up to cost. Don't forget to get thermal paste in case the cooler has been used before and if you are assembling it yourself.

Is the RAM single 16GB stick or 2x8GB stick?

You can get the freesync monitor if there is no gsync monitor in same price range. You just can't use the freesync feature with Nvidia card. Your monitor is going to stay with you for more than one GPU. Your next GPU could be AMD or Nvidia may add freesync suppport in future(very slim chance though). Freesync is not AMD proprietary.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks for replying dear. Check the below replies.

Yup go for the cheapest one unless it has bad reviews about heating and all. Mini version means single fan GPU aimed for small form factor builds. It'll do a fine job unless you have plans to overclock to extreme because of limited heat dissipation area and fan.
So this one it is
ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1060 MINI 6GB GDDR5
Reviews are also good.

I'm not sure how relevant or true that list it but most people follow it. Just check the above thread and avoid the PSUs in lower tiers.

Can you just tell me which one to buy from that list. I have no clues.

The processor that you are getting, are you getting it alone or with stock cooler? If not you may have to buy a CPU cooler which will add up to cost. Don't forget to get thermal paste in case the cooler has been used before and if you are assembling it yourself.
1600 comes with a stock cooler. @ssb1551 it's correct, right? Please shed some more light on the paste, I guess I will have to assemble myself.

Single 16GB stick. Color is black. What does color have to do with features?

You can get the freesync monitor if there is no gsync monitor in same price range. You just can't use the freesync feature with Nvidia card. Your monitor is going to stay with you for more than one GPU. Your next GPU could be AMD or Nvidia may add freesync suppport in future(very slim chance though). Freesync is not AMD proprietary.
Well in that case is there any good monitor for the Nvidia cards? Budget less than or equal to the freesync one.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Itdepot is charging Rs. 1236/- as the shipping charges for Spec 1 case. Whoa!!
They suggested me this PSU Corsair CX500 500W 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply (CP-9020047-UK)
Shipping charges=1025/-

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Ordered this for 3400/-
Corsair CC-9011050-WW Carbide Series SPEC-01 Steel Red LED Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black): Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories
In the morning it was selling for Rs. 3800/- Hope that it is a good deal

Is this PSU good?
Amazon.in: Buy Corsair VS Series VS550 - 550 Watt SMPS Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Ratings

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Thanks for replying dear. Check the below replies.

So this one it is
ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1060 MINI 6GB GDDR5
Reviews are also good.

Can you just tell me which one to buy from that list. I have no clues.

1600 comes with a stock cooler. @ssb1551 it's correct, right? Please shed some more light on the paste, I guess I will have to assemble myself.

Single 16GB stick. Color is black. What does color have to do with features?

Well in that case is there any good monitor for the Nvidia cards? Budget less than or equal to the freesync one.

Just ask your dealer what all PSUs he has and just check they are not in lower tiers.

Yes 1600 comes with stock cooler. Check if your seller is giving you the cooler too as you are buying second hand.

Again in RAM, people usually suggest dual channel kits instead of single especially if you no plans of adding more ram soon. Theoretically running dual channel memory has more bandwidth but some tests have proven there is negligible or no increase in performance in gaming. If single 16GB kit is significantly cheaper than 2x8GB kit, get it. If both are same cost, get the 2x8GB kit. Even if there is no increase in performance it will be better for debugging in case one of the ram sticks goes kaput.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just ask your dealer what all PSUs he has and just check they are not in lower tiers.

Yes 1600 comes with stock cooler. Check if your seller is giving you the cooler too as you are buying second hand.

Again in RAM, people usually suggest dual channel kits instead of single especially if you no plans of adding more ram soon. Theoretically running dual channel memory has more bandwidth but some tests have proven there is negligible or no increase in performance in gaming. If single 16GB kit is significantly cheaper than 2x8GB kit, get it. If both are same cost, get the 2x8GB kit. Even if there is no increase in performance it will be better for debugging in case one of the ram sticks goes kaput.

Thanks Man. Is this PSU good
Amazon.in: Buy Corsair VS Series VS550 - 550 Watt SMPS Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Ratings

Well the dealer had only korsis brand of PSU's.

Sending @ssb1551 a pm regarding fan.

I agree regarding the debugging part but in the 3000mhz he had only the 16gb stick. In 2400 mhz version he had both 8 and 16gb sticks. Again what does red, black, blue color means in these rams?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Thanks Man. Is this PSU good

Well the dealer had only korsis brand of PSU's.

Sending @ssb1551 a pm regarding fan.

I agree regarding the debugging part but in the 3000mhz he had only the 16gb stick. In 2400 mhz version he had both 8 and 16gb sticks. Again what does red, black, blue color means in these rams?
cosmetic. Only thing you should be checking are the frequency and timings.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Sorry I'm noob in PSUs too. That's why I haven't commented on that. That is why I follow the PSU tier list. That PSU is in tier 6 of the list if you check. So I'd avoid that.

jasku

In the zone
Let me look for it. Why is seasonic not available anywhere? How are Corsair psu's?

Not sure why its not available, why not call Prime or MD and see if they will be in stock soon. The Antec VP series is a tad better than the CX series, see this - *i.imgur.com/tgrbCnr.jpg. If you want to go Corsair, the RM series is good, on the plus side Corsair has great after sales service.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I deposited money in MD Computer's account for the gfx 1060. Now they are saying it is OOS :( And they are saying that they won't refund the money :(
Also they are suggesting me this PSU
ANTEC SMPS VP600P - 600 WATT PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
I deposited money in MD Computer's account for the gfx 1060. Now they are saying it is OOS :( And they are saying that they won't refund the money :(
Did you talk to them before depositing the money? What are they saying ? Are they saying they will stock it within couple of days? What's their stand?

The PSU is not bad but a 600W PSU is way overkill for your rig.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get the FreeSync monitor anyway, even though you might not be using it.

MDComputers will ship you when they get the GPU in stock.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz

no don't buy that model ..

, buy it from here

Seasonic S12II-520 S12II Series 520W Power Supply with 80+ Bronze Certification

And these are not in stock because they have been discontinued and will be replaced by newer models in next few months...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom