Gaming PC (Ryzen) Specs Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Don't go with cheap generic thermal pastes.
Go with the best in thermal pastes and ie:Buy Online | Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound | in India
Bro any other link except Primeabgb? I enquired in the market and I wasn't able to find a reputed company's paste.

A good/expensive brand thermal paste may not need reapplying for 2-3 years.
Do we need to apply the same on any other component besides processor?

Ryzen's stock cooler comes with paste pre applied. You don't need to buy extra thermal paste as of now.
Well in every assembling video that I watched, people are applying paste on the Ryzen processor. Also they were explaining how it is mandatory and so on.

Is this original and any good?
Cooler Master MasterGel Thermal Compound Grease Paste - MGX-ZOSW-N15M-R1 | eBay

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well in every assembling video that I watched, people are applying paste on the Ryzen processor. Also they were explaining how it is mandatory and so on.

Man you ask too many questions to be honest. Stock wraith spire cooler comes with paste pre-applied and is good enough. Unless you somehow mess up mounting the cooler in first go and stock paste gets completely removed, there is no need to buy a third party thermal paste. After 1.5-2 years when you open up the cabinet for cleaning the internals and if the paste has dried out, you should replace it. Don't cheap out at that time.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Man you ask too many questions to be honest. Stock wraith spire cooler comes with paste pre-applied and is good enough. Unless you somehow mess up mounting the cooler in first go and stock paste gets completely removed, there is no need to buy a third party thermal paste. After 1.5-2 years when you open up the cabinet for cleaning the internals and if the paste has dried out, you should replace it. Don't cheap out at that time.

Because I am building a high end pc for the first time and 70-80k is too much money atleast for me. So, that is why I am double checking about everything. Sorry if I bugged too much.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

The people doing videos are either using different cooler or they have their favorite thermal paste tubes lying around because they keep doing these videos often.
You can buy extra tube if you want but it will be waste of money unless you rub off the pre-applied paste by accident.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,all stock coolers come with paste pre-applied.However in future if you want to change/reinstall cooler then you will have to clean the processor top(residue of pre-applied thermal paste) & cooler bottom part(when reinstalling same cooler,residue of pre-applied thermal paste).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Got the PSU from Amazon. They have outdone themselves, again overcharged me with Rs. 280/- they mentioned that they are selling the same @25% discount. What a shame. The seller mentioned at the time of order was some abcd guy but on the invoice the same seller's name is there who overcharged for the case.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Got the PSU from Amazon. They have outdone themselves, again overcharged me with Rs. 280/- they mentioned that they are selling the same @25% discount. What a shame. The seller mentioned at the time of order was some abcd guy but on the invoice the same seller's name is there who overcharged for the case.
good to hear that you finally received your PSU. I hope you are happy now.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@whitestar_999 @gta5 @ssb1551 @bssunilreddy @Digital Fragger @Vineet Sharma @saikiasunny @SaiyanGoku
Finally with God's grace and help of you guys the assembly is over. Thanks for all your help. Installed Windows. Few last queries-
1. How to check if Windows & all the drivers etc are installed fine?
2. How to check what speed of ram I am getting & any need to change speed of fan as Asus is giving me notification icons for the same post mobo driver installation?
3. How to update BIOS?
4. Is it really necessary to install drivers of the LG 22MP68VQ monitor? It is for the first time I am seeing that the monitor need drivers. It is working fine though, just way too much brightness even though I have set it to 0.
If I select to install it, then it says installing drivers on Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gb, select what which driver you want to install
Full HD
Full IPS HD etc. etc.
5. Do I have to purchase a separate wireless bluetooth receiver so that I can connect the pc to wifi? MD Computers told me at the time of purchase that there is no need as new mobo's have the same inbuilt.
6. From where should I download the gpu driver-
Download Center (By Product) | ZOTAC
or
Manual/Auto-
Drivers | GeForce

I am still installing stuff, will get back to you guys with pics and updates.
Thanks again

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always check the official specifications page instead of relying on seller's info.
PRIME B250M-PLUS | Motherboards | ASUS India
No wifi which is the norm.As far as I know,only high end mobos & mini-ITX mobos comes with builtin wifi adapter.

As for drivers,I prefer the source(Nvidia in this case) but its your choice as drivers should be same(usually only laptop manufacturers do some customization of original amd/nvidia drivers for some of their laptop models).Also keep in mind that if you choose to install GE Force Experience then with time it will keep downloading newer versions & backup of older versions eventually eating tens of GBs of space.
Cleaning up old NVIDIA driver files to save disk space (2017 edition) - GameplayInside
*forums.geforce.com/default/topic/981225/geforce-drivers/way-too-much-left-over-crap/1/
I faced the same issue & decided to only select & install graphics driver & HDMI driver in the setup.

Bios update is not required unless you want some specific feature in latest BIOS or facing some issue which is corrected in latest BIOS.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Always check the official specifications page instead of relying on seller's info.
PRIME B250M-PLUS | Motherboards | ASUS India
No wifi which is the norm.As far as I know,only high end mobos & mini-ITX mobos comes with builtin wifi adapter.

As for drivers,I prefer the source(Nvidia in this case) but its your choice as drivers should be same(usually only laptop manufacturers do some customization of original amd/nvidia drivers for some of their laptop models).Also keep in mind that if you choose to install GE Force Experience then with time it will keep downloading newer versions & backup of older versions eventually eating tens of GBs of space.
Cleaning up old NVIDIA driver files to save disk space (2017 edition) - GameplayInside
*forums.geforce.com/default/topic/981225/geforce-drivers/way-too-much-left-over-crap/1/
I faced the same issue & decided to only select & install graphics driver & HDMI driver in the setup.

Bios update is not required unless you want some specific feature in latest BIOS or facing some issue which is corrected in latest BIOS.

Thanks for replying dear.

- Which vfm adapter should I buy now?

- Windows 10 auto installed drives from Nvidia's site, I downloaded GE FE and updated it. Man I was thinking why the hell was my free space decreasing in the laptop. This could very well be the reason. From the links that you have posted, these 3 folders are the culprits-
C:\Nvidia >>>> Missing in laptop & PC
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdisp.inf folder
Are you sure if I delete all files from the remaining folders then it will be fine?

I got the code for Rocket League game with this gpu, still sad that they didn't give me one for TC's Wildlands, anyways from where to download a copy and apply the same.
P.S. I am using the Nvidia acccount of my laptop's gpu with this pc, I hope that it is okay.

In the GE FE it is mentioned that to Gamestream I am missing the following requirement-
802.11a/g router(minimum). 802.11n dual band router(recommend) Does it mean that I need to buy the wifi adapter of atleast these bandwidths?

Also for VR I am missing this-
Intel core i5 4590 equivalent or higher. I thought Ryzen 1600 is equal to, if not better than the i5 processor.

- Last night when I booted it up for the first time, the BIOS showed this much mhz of ram-
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Now cpuz is showing this-
*i.imgur.com/FKX2iBG.jpg
Do I need to overclock it so that it provides 2400mhz?

- Regarding monitor which option should I select-
*i.imgur.com/8XTrtS2.jpg
As I mentioned before this is the first monitor which is asking to install drivers.

For my viewing experience the monitor seems tilted down a little in the front. My previous Samsung monitor had the option to tilt it forward or backward as much as we want but not this one. Is there any "jugaad" that I can do to tilt it back a little?
*i.imgur.com/z1qH127.jpg

- Any need to change speed of fan? Asus keeps on showing the option for the same-
*i.imgur.com/TWbUvR6.jpg

- Please advice regarding cable management-
*i.imgur.com/cpGMgut.jpg
*i.imgur.com/JXevboe.jpg
*i.imgur.com/B77Nv2v.jpg
*i.imgur.com/eOQFkC5.jpg
*i.imgur.com/zaWKdTD.jpg
*i.imgur.com/9ynHPS8.jpg
*i.imgur.com/4WmUSsL.jpg
*i.imgur.com/rIPOtYr.jpg
*i.imgur.com/MTz5FwR.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ex8F2qs.jpg
*i.imgur.com/i16OAJP.jpg
*i.imgur.com/97mmZUH.jpg
*i.imgur.com/v3xZFQV.jpg
*i.imgur.com/XYIdAzg.jpg
*i.imgur.com/kBOCCkr.jpg
*i.imgur.com/82aVZmg.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ngsGySG.jpg
*i.imgur.com/iACevDJ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/XPknOUo.jpg
*i.imgur.com/DKb3WkP.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Downloader
Most subfolders contain installer executables. Simply remove all folders with a random name, only leave config and latest. For example on my system the folder 0cfd1195e705a478237a4db99f7ce77c contains GeForce_Experience_Update_v3.4.0.70.exe.

Now delete all folders inside this folder. Do not delete the Installer2 folder itself.
Disclaimer
: Removing these files means you can no longer uninstall the Geforce Experience regularly. However, do not worry. If you ever need to uninstall Geforce Experience simply download the latest geforce experience setup and re-install the latest version. Hereafter you can uninstall the Geforce Experience as if nothing happened.

Also check size of Nvidia folder in C:\Program Data\Nvidia Corporation & C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation now & compare their sizes after installing future driver version.You can even make a list of files/folders inside for future compare to know what extra stuff needs to be deleted.

As for nvdisp.inf folder post its size here & content inside it just to be sure.Also all the above will not be required if you choose not to install GEForce Experience,is it really necessary to play games(I don't play games so I have no idea).

As for VR just use latest nvidia drivers for everything & hope that Ryzen has been added to the compatible processors list or wait for it.

DDR rams are basically double rate so the actual frequency is half of "stated rate" meaning 1200MHz for 24oo RAM,1600MHz for 3200 RAM etc.

I have no idea about LG monitor driver but try the IPSFULLHD option as your monitor is IPS & Full HD.

Haven't done any tinkering with a monitor's stand so can not say what will work to reduce the tilt,wait for other comments.

If temps are fine then there is no need,there should be some "auto" setting for fans in asus mobo.

For cable management maybe you can try routing as many wires as possible(incl psu main mobo 24pin power cable) through each of those 5 oval shaped spaces because as of now you are only passing 3-4 wires through 1-2 oval shaped spaces.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Downloader

Also check size of Nvidia folder in C:\Program Data\Nvidia Corporation & C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation now & compare their sizes after installing future driver version.You can even make a list of files/folders inside for future compare to know what extra stuff needs to be deleted.

As for nvdisp.inf folder post its size here & content inside it just to be sure.Also all the above will not be required if you choose not to install GEForce Experience,is it really necessary to play games(I don't play games so I have no idea).

As for VR just use latest nvidia drivers for everything & hope that Ryzen has been added to the compatible processors list or wait for it.

DDR rams are basically double rate so the actual frequency is half of "stated rate" meaning 1200MHz for 24oo RAM,1600MHz for 3200 RAM etc.

I have no idea about LG monitor driver but try the IPSFULLHD option as your monitor is IPS & Full HD.

Haven't done any tinkering with a monitor's stand so can not say what will work to reduce the tilt,wait for other comments.

If temps are fine then there is no need,there should be some "auto" setting for fans in asus mobo.

For cable management maybe you can try routing as many wires as possible(incl psu main mobo 24pin power cable) through each of those 5 oval shaped spaces because as of now you are only passing 3-4 wires through 1-2 oval shaped spaces.

Thanks. Will delete those files today and will get back to you. No GEForce experience is not at all necessary but it optimizes games+the UI is so cool lol
I hope they add Ryzen to the list soon.
DDR rams are basically double rate so the actual frequency is half of "stated rate" meaning 1200MHz for 24oo RAM,1600MHz for 3200 RAM etc. So, half of the frequency is never used?

@bssunilreddy Do we need to install drivers for this monitor? I read that it clashes with the gpu software so haven't installed them yet. Any fix for the inclined forward stand?

Where to check that specific fan setting? I closed that annoying notification.

Thanks I will reroute the cables and will post pics here.

Can you suggest a vfm wifi adapter keeping in mind this- In the GE FE it is mentioned that to Gamestream I am missing the following requirement-
802.11a/g router(minimum). 802.11n dual band router(recommend) Does it mean that I need to buy the wifi adapter of atleast these bandwidths?

This pc is taking like 15-20 to boot, this time is as per the startup tab in task manager(last bios time). My laptop boots within 4-5 seconds. I have disabled the unnecessary apps which started on boot but the result is the same, any help?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
RAM rates are like HDD size,they are not what it seems.In case of RAM,the naming scheme is based on Transfer (computing) - Wikipedia not frequency so a 3200 RAM does not operate at 3200MHz but instead it means 1600MHz working at double rate giving 3200MT/s.

A dual band AC router(cheapest one is tplink Archer C20) operates simultaneously at 2.4GHz(more range,more chances of interference,max speed usually ~150mbps) & 5GHz(lesser range,almost nil chances of interference,speeds from ~433mbps to gbps speeds depending on cost of router). Almost all usual usb wifi adapters are 2.4Ghz N standard & you need an AC usb wifi adapter to connect at 5GHz(only Dlink DWA-171 & leoxsys leo-hgac600 are available under/around Rs.1000).

Don't rely on windows shown startup times,instead actually count no. of seconds from turning on the system to when you can open "My Computer". My laptop also shows last bios time as 4-5 seconds but in reality it takes around a minute to load AV/appear in system tray which is the most important software to be loaded after boot.

P.S.wifi max rates are half unlike lan meaning 300mbps wifi means 150mbps upload & 150mbps download if you start uploading & downloading simultaneously at max speeds.Lan rates are full meaning 1gbps lan can both upload & download at 1gbps at same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom