Gaming PC in 35-40k

kinshuk.arya

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

I am currently contemplating building a gaming PC.
First the basic questions:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Specifically gaming. It should be able to play the latest games including NFS REBEL, GTA V (if PC version comes), BF4, Hitman Absolution, COD series. etc. and should be able to do so for the next 3-4 years with minor upgrades. even min graphics would do.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35-40k. extendable after sometime for GPU

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not for now.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 64 Bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Dont care. already have around 5.5tb in externals

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Will be connecting it to a Full HD 42" LED TV

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Want just the complete Cabinet

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next 1-2 months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Never built before but will be building this myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Stay in Pune. online/local both can be looked at for better deals

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The pc should hold together for the next 3-4 years at least with min graphic requirements of games.

Now what I have in mind is the following along with prices @ Flipkart:

1. AMD A10-5800K : Price 8480
2. ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 Motherboard: Price 8108
3. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) 1600: price 5245
4. Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU : price 3400
5. Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet : price 4910
6. Samsung SH-224DB/IDDS DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive : Price 1053
7. WD 1 TB Laptop Internal Hard Drive: Price 5250
8. Zotac Nvidia GT650Ti 1GB/2Gb: price 11k/13.5k (Planned upgrade when the current GPU stops playing even for Min graphic requirement)

Overall price 36k. without graphic card.

Please help me in finalizing the config.
Please advise if i can use any better product and substitutes at a cheaper price.

real tight on budget.

Fx 6300, gigabyte 970a ds3, g.skill ripjawsx 1600 MHz 4 GB, wd blue 500 GB, seasonic eco 500, nzxt gamma, asus hd7850 2 GB.

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
Primeabgb is the only listed (on nzxt website) seller of nzxt in mumbai so search there first, theitwares, dynamic, ambika infotech also have the NZXT cabinets

OP
K

kinshuk.arya

Thanks Harish for your inputs.... However I was thinking of going for the 5800k majorly because the current breed of games wont need high end graphic cards and should be playable with the integrated HD7660, and that I can upgrade to a better graphic card sometime later. a crossfire or SLi may be. another reason for choosing that motherboard as it supports them.
Do let me know your thoughts.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Not a good choice actually. The idea of CF or SLI is entirely wrong with a Processor like A10-5800K, the processor won't be able to handle it. A FX-4300 @ 6.5K + HD 6670 DDR3 @ 4.5K, totalling 11K will provide better gaming performance and reasonably better CPU performance.

Thanks Harish for your inputs.... However I was thinking of going for the 5800k majorly because the current breed of games wont need high end graphic cards and should be playable with the integrated HD7660, and that I can upgrade to a better graphic card sometime later. a crossfire or SLi may be. another reason for choosing that motherboard as it supports them.
Do let me know your thoughts.

> It's Harshil, not harish.

> Where did you get that wrong idea from? Play crysis 3 or Tomb raider.

OP
K

kinshuk.arya

Sorry for the name blunder.

Read in some sites that the Minimum requirement for Crysis 3 is HD 5770 and since the A10-5800K has an integrated HD7660 it should be playable though in low settings.

So my conclusion was that the APU's graphics should hold for another year or so for the games apart from some exceptionally heavy games.

OP
K

kinshuk.arya

Thnx RON28. Can you tell me where these shops are located?
I was thinking of getting the components either from a shop in Pimpri market or Flipkart if unavailable there.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
HD7660D is same as HD 6670 DDR3 in performance, but HD 6670 DDR5 is faster(Which is considered as a low end card)

ankush28

Bazinga
No way an apu can never compete with 6670 DDR5....
to give 6670 DDR3 like performence apu need to be paured with high frequecy(8GB recommended) RAM whereas 6670DDR5 has its own dedicated memory :)

so stick with FX 6300 (minimum)...

badass708

Broken In
Thnx RON28. Can you tell me where these shops are located?
I was thinking of getting the components either from a shop in Pimpri market or Flipkart if unavailable there.

Don't buy from DCC, too overpriced.
go to Havok Nation in koregaon park. I think he's is the only dealer of NZXT in Pune so he can get you any nzxt component you want.

Top Bottom