gaming pc, for 35k [core components only]

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Dota 2 (1440x900 at max settings 60fps + ) cs : go ( 800x600 at max settings 100fps constant )

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35~40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: reusing old 160gb hdd from old pc and adding 250gb laptop hdd.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Samsung syncmaster 920NW ( native res : 1440x900 does not support DVI )

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Hdd, keyboard, mouse, mousemat, speakers, headphones, optical drive

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1 week of june ( confirmed )
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: will build it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi . Nehru place. Smc international and cost to cost. Can also get stuff online if cheaper from mdcomputers, itdepot and flipkart.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Try to keep the budget at 35k, intel based config. Dont need a high end motherboard just something that will get the job done. 8gb ram is a must. Looking for a build with more emphasis on processor and gpu. Please provide links where to buy which specific component if you are suggesting a config. Because many parts like antec psu's and nzxt cabinets are not readily available in delhi.

EDIT :

putting pc plans on hold till the end of this month. Will buy on the 10th of the next month confirmed.
corsair cx430v2 available in delhi.

Last edited:

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Intel i5 3570
Gigabyte GAB75M
Gskill RipJAWSx 4 GB x 2
Seasonic S12 520W
NZXT Gamma
Asus DVD RW
GTX 650 Ti or HD 7770 or HD 7790
Total 36.5K or 34.5k or 37k
Most of the prices are from WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Intel i5 3570
Gigabyte GAB75M
Gskill RipJAWSx 4 GB x 2
Seasonic S12 520W
NZXT Gamma
Asus DVD RW
GTX 650 Ti or HD 7770 or HD 7790
Total 36.5K or 34.5k or 37k
Most of the prices are from WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

forgot to tell, dont need an optical drive too. Cant ship cabinet from md. Its too expensive. Would like to go for a mediocre processor and better gpu. will set aside 3k for cabinet and 3k for psu ( cx430v2)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
cs : go ( 800x600 at max settings 100fps constant )
Going high res at low settings give more of an advantage than low res
Just sayin
Anyways,
i5 3550 12k
B75 of your choice -4.1k
HD 7850 - 13k
CX430v2- 2.5k
NZXT Gamma - 2.6k <-- try and find a CM310 with side panel locally.. Gamma looks really ugly to me
GSkill Ripjaws - 8 GB - 4k

darkv0id

Journeyman
cs : go ( 800x600 at max settings 100fps constant )
Going high res at low settings give more of an advantage than low res
Just sayin
Anyways,
i5 3550 12k
B75 of your choice -4.1k
HD 7850 - 13k
CX430v2- 2.5k
NZXT Gamma - 2.6k <-- try and find a CM310 with side panel locally.. Gamma looks really ugly to me
GSkill Ripjaws - 8 GB - 4k

I think the low resolution is for the gameplay advantage.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
you dont get it.. Going High res at lesser settings has more of a gameplay advantage than low rez at high settings
High res enables you to see corners without turning, and in strategy games like starcraft, it can be a lifesaver

darkv0id

Journeyman
you dont get it.. Going High res at lesser settings has more of a gameplay advantage than low rez at high settings
High res enables you to see corners without turning, and in strategy games like starcraft, it can be a lifesaver

^ I think OP wants to play CS:GO, and not Starcraft at 800x600. Now there's no proof whether low res is better for CS or not, but what I do know is that a large number of pros play at 800x600, so there must be some truth to that. I'm no pro (I play at 1080p myself), but I know many people who swear by low resolutions.

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
^ I think OP wants to play CS:GO, and not Starcraft at 800x600. Now there's no proof whether low res is better for CS or not, but what I do know is that a large number of pros play at 800x600, so there must be some truth to that. I'm no pro (I play at 1080p myself), but I know many people who swear by low resolutions.

yes +1 , lower resolution gives 2 advantages :

1. easier to spot because models become bigger
2. better aim because with a 800dpi mouse you only need little movement to cover the whole screen
3. used to it since cs 1.6 days... so hard for me to switch .

i want to play at 800x600 with max graphics setting so as to get sharp corners and better models in general.

Remove C2C from your shops
Add Computer Empire

any particular reason? if not them can you suggest me some good shops in np ? pm me.

Top Bottom