Be exact.
Which
games?
Which
applications?
Avoid the
word 'et
cetera.')
Ans: All the latest games like Last Light, Crysis 3, AC4 etc. Also will be using PCX2 for PS2 games. Will be working with some game engine like OGRE also.
2. What is
your overall
budget? If
you can
extend a bit
for a more
balanced
configuration,
then mention
this too.
Ans:25-30k(max)
3. Planning to
overclock?
Ans:yes but not now. Maybe later.
4. Which
Operating
System are
you planning
to use?
Ans:Win7/Win8 and Backtrack.
5. How much
hard drive
space is
needed?
Ans:500gb. Will be using it alongside my existing 160gb. If that isnt possible then 750gb hdd is needed.
6. Do you
want to buy a
monitor? If
yes, please
mention
which screen
size and
resolution do
you want. If
you already
have a
monitor and
want to reuse
it, again
mention the
size and
resolution of
monitor you
have.
Ans:yes. A 20in 1600x900 will be adequate. Pls suggest model.
7. Which
components
you DON'T
want to buy
or which
components
you already
have and plan
on reusing?
Ans:kb&mouse,speakers and my cabinet if possible.
8. When are
you planning
to buy the
system?
Ans:april-may.
9. Have you
ever built a
desktop
before or will
this be done
by an
assembler?
Ans:assembler
10. Where do
you live? Are
you buying
locally? Are
you open to
buying stuff
from online
shops if you
don't get
locally?
Ans:Kolkata. I may buy from online but i want to pay in installments so im leaning towards normal stores.
11. Anything
else which
you would
like to say?
Ans: i will be selling of my pentium d 820, intel d10ggc2 mobo, sparkle g210 gfx card and lg 700d crt. Any rough estimate how much i can get? Thx in advance

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budget, it is little difficult to get a powerful gaming rig, let me try:-
AMD FX-4300 (4 Core, 4MB L2 + 4MB L3 Cache) @ 6.4K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 @ 4K
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G) @ 2.7K
WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA III 6 Gbps HDD @ 3K
AOC 19.5 inch LED Backlit LCD - e2070Swnl @ 6.2K
Sapphire R7 250X 1GB GDDR5 @ 7.8K
Asus 24X SATA DVD R/W @ 1K

Total: 31.15K

One recommended update is to spend 1K more and get a FX-6300 Hexa Core Processor. It offers 2 more cores and extra 4MB of L3 Cache (total 8MB L3) which provide good amount of performance improvement over FX-4300. Price is 7.45K (*vedantcomputers.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=6300&product_id=904)

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
[MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] thx for the reply. I maybe able to get fx-6300 since i already have dvd drive i forgot to mention that. But is hexacore worth it ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey also recommend a good psu

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I would suggest getting the Dell IN2030M instead of AOC 19.5 inch LED Backlit LCD - e2070Swnl @ 6.2K..
They are the same price, I had bought for Rs 5800..It is a tried and tested monitor, many people here own it and I can assure you Dell warranty is very good
Also OP has to spend some extra money on a local good quality cabinet.. Try and use it temporarily and upgrade to a better one later

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Will check out both monitors. BTW i want to reuse my cabinet. Its an iball one. Maybe ill buy a better one in the future. Cant i use my current one?

quicky008

Technomancer
Will check out both monitors. BTW i want to reuse my cabinet. Its an iball one. Maybe ill buy a better one in the future. Cant i use my current one?

Yes you can,but make sure it provides adequate ventilation for the critical components of ur pc such as cpu,gpu,ram etc.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys sorry for bumping old thread but due to sm problems i couldnt buy the pc at that time. Now i have increased budget to 40k max. Specs are more or less the same as Cilus suggested with the exception of 8gb hyperx blu ram,seagate barracuda 1tb and a galaxy gtx 750 oc 1gb. All prices are from flipkart and total is coming at nearly 40k. Cpu fx 6300. Is this pc good enough for 900p gaming? I heard gtx 750>r7 250x. Not sure abt the galaxy brand. Suggest any changes. I may have 1-2k more leeway since ill be selling old rig

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking abt increasing budget a lil bit and get either gtx 750 ti or r7 260x if worth it. Will 450w psu be enough for either card? Also i am worried about buying from flipkart. Someone told me that pc components brought from flipkart are refused for ASS in service centres. Is that true? Reply soon plz

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
fx 6300- 7.2k
gigabyte 970a ds3p - 5.8k
kingston hyperx fury 4gb - 2.8k
gtx 750ti - 10.5k
wd blue 1tb -3.5k
antec vp550p - 3.5k/vp450p - 2.6k
dell s2240l - 8.2k
use your cabinet for now. buy locally. if you end up buying from flipkart, you may have to spend a lot more. BTW, that price of the gpu is from flipkart :p

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
rijinpk1 rijinpk yeah price of that card is from flipkart. Locally it costs almost 1.5k more. Thats the only thing thats cheaper at fk. All the other parts are a bit cheaper or same at vedant computers here.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
But will the config be good for 1080p? I was more inclined towards 900p since it will be more future proof for dis config.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
you may have to lower the settings. but that monitor is absolute vfm. great picture quality since it is an ips one.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Ok. If i get it for that price i may get it. The extra 3k for fhd display is really stretching my budget bt if its vfm ill try. Btw i cant find hyperx blu for 2.8 anywhere. Its 3.2k and dont you think i should atleast get 6-8 gigs RAM? Also the mobo you suggested,its pcie 2.0 or 3.0. Thanx

quicky008

Technomancer
Guys sorry for bumping old thread but due to sm problems i couldnt buy the pc at that time. Now i have increased budget to 40k max. Specs are more or less the same as Cilus suggested with the exception of 8gb hyperx blu ram,seagate barracuda 1tb and a galaxy gtx 750 oc 1gb. All prices are from flipkart and total is coming at nearly 40k. Cpu fx 6300. Is this pc good enough for 900p gaming? I heard gtx 750>r7 250x. Not sure abt the galaxy brand. Suggest any changes. I may have 1-2k more leeway since ill be selling old rig

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking abt increasing budget a lil bit and get either gtx 750 ti or r7 260x if worth it. Will 450w psu be enough for either card? Also i am worried about buying from flipkart. Someone told me that pc components brought from flipkart are refused for ASS in service centres. Is that true? Reply soon plz

Avoid galaxy and go for zotac instead-they usually provide 5 years warranty on their graphics cards and is therefore preferable to other brands.

Also if you can't afford a 22" FHD monitor right now,u may opt for a 20" model with a max supported resolution of 900p-its pretty much adequate for a satisfactory gaming experience.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
quicky008 yeah the price for that gtx 750 frm galaxy was a bit low too so i got suspicious. Anyways im getting zotac gtx 750 Ti. Another question if you dont mind,which is more enjoyable,playing at 900p or at 1080p with settings lowered. I am specifically talking abt my config and i want to use it for 4 yrs straight so just want it to be a bit future proof :)

quicky008

Technomancer
quicky008 yeah the price for that gtx 750 frm galaxy was a bit low too so i got suspicious. Anyways im getting zotac gtx 750 Ti. Another question if you dont mind,which is more enjoyable,playing at 900p or at 1080p with settings lowered. I am specifically talking abt my config and i want to use it for 4 yrs straight so just want it to be a bit future proof :)

The differences between the visual fidelity of a 1080p and a 900p display device are barely noticeable unless you're using a huge screen-say 32" or higher.In other words,you won't notice much of a difference between the image quality of a 1080p and a 900p monitor as far as gaming is concerned.In fact I've a 900p Samsung 20" monitor myself and i've played countless games on it for the last couple of years and I can assure you that gaming on a decent 900p monitor is definitely an enjoyable experience-if you have a good gpu,visuals looks amazing even at 900p.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
quicky008 Ok thanx. I wont be able to get that dell fhd anyway since it costs 9.3k here. A 900p display would be perfect. I am worried about buying that 750 Ti frm fk. Any idea how to check if the seller is good?

Top Bottom