Gaming PC for 30k

quicky008

Technomancer
Personally i don't like the idea of buying expensive items from online stores like flipkart-it'll be a better idea to get them from a proper brick and mortar store instead because if you purchase it online,there is every possibility that the seller may send you a defective item and you'll have to go through a frustrating and difficult process in order to get it replaced.As you're from kolkata,you may enquire at MD computers or Vedant computers in chandni about the availability of this gpu-both of them are pretty reliable shops and i think you may be able to procure it from them.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Yeah i know vedant comp. Gonna buy frm them only. Bt gtx 750 ti is almst 12k there bt if its worth the peace of mind then ill buy locally. Never heard of MD comp though. Will check their pricing too. Thanx for the help. :)

quicky008

Technomancer
Md computers is situated in an alley on the road that lies to the left of the crossing at gc avenue(to visit Vedant,one has to go to the right towards the Lic building);if u don't find this GPU at vedant,u may look for it at Md-chances are,you may get it there for a reasonable price.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
quicky008 yup zotac gtx 750 ti is 10.3k at MD Comp. Cheaper than fk :D. Cant find kingston hyperx fury or blu. Any other RAM? And should i go for 4gb or 6-8gb. Also Antec VP450 is unavailable. Is Corsair VS450 good?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Corsair VS Series SMPS are considered to be the lowest quality PSU So go with Corsair CX 500 @ 3600 or Seasonic S12II 520 @ 4900.

quicky008

Technomancer
If kingston rams are unavailable,you can go for Corsair Vengeance Ram modules-they are just as good as kingston,if not better.If you don't have any monetary constraints then i think it will be a good idea to get 8 gb ram rather than 6gb or less-that will make your pc a lot more future proof and it will be able to handle most of today's resource intensive games and applications with considerable ease.

For psu,you may go for Corsair Gs600 or Gs500,if the ones listed by bssunil are unavailable at MD.Don't go for any Cooler master or Corsair VS series psus-they are not reliable at all.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Ok i will do that. One thing more,are the prices given at MD's website only applicable for online purchases or if i go to the shop physically,the prices are same there. I may have to go to Vedant for mobo. Cant find it in MD

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ok. If i get it for that price i may get it. The extra 3k for fhd display is really stretching my budget bt if its vfm ill try. Btw i cant find hyperx blu for 2.8 anywhere. Its 3.2k and dont you think i should atleast get 6-8 gigs RAM? Also the mobo you suggested,its pcie 2.0 or 3.0. Thanx

many people reported that price in local shops. you may give it a try. 8gb ram is good if you dont compromise on other parts ;). that mobo has pcie 2.0 port.

- - - Updated - - -

For psu,you may go for Corsair Gs600 or Gs500,if the ones listed by bssunil are unavailable at MD.Don't go for any Cooler master or Corsair VS series psus-they are not reliable at all.

not all ;)

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Zotac gtx 660 is very tempting at 13.3k at MD. So i was wondering if i get mobo ga-78lmt-usb3,8gb ddr3 1333mhz ram and a corsair gs 500 and fx 6300 with the gtx 660,would it be a good deal or should i just stick with the suggested config

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
gtx 660 is good. but i dont suggest such an age old mobo with newer cpu like fx 6300. the thing is this is a very old mobo not particularly built keeping piledriver in mind. fx 4300 can be used though. fx 6300 consumes more power and a good vrm design is recommended.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys some final questions. 1. Is an antec vp450 enuff for this config with a gtx 660? 2. Is 900p good enuff for gtx 660 or i need 1080p to fully use its power? 3. Do 1333mhz RAM work on mobos supporting 1600mhz? Thanx

- - - Updated - - -

rijinpk1 quicky008

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get vp550p. better in the long run. and it is not much costlier too. gtx 660 should provide greater details on 900p.. 1333mhz ram will work. if the price difference is not much get 1600mhz ram.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys some final questions. 1. Is an antec vp450 enuff for this config with a gtx 660? 2. Is 900p good enuff for gtx 660 or i need 1080p to fully use its power? 3. Do 1333mhz RAM work on mobos supporting 1600mhz? Thanx

- - - Updated - - -

rijinpk1 quicky008

1. Get Antec VP550P @ 3500,
2. Upgrade the monitor to 22"(Dell S2240L @ 8.5k) to fully utilize GTX660 power,
3. Yes 1333mhz RAM will work on mobos supporting 1600Mhz. Don't worry.

sukiblr

Right off the assembly line
I would also suggest you budget for sound card? Whats the point of a gaming PC and no high quality sound?

or Instead of buying another sound card and spending approx 5K for it, you could simply consider some of the newer mobos like the Biostar HifiZ97WE that come inbuilt with HD sound capabilities. I did that for my rig and since that have been recommending to everyone who is thinking of building a gaming rig.

Top Bottom