Gaming PC at 1 Lac.. Is the config good or does it need any changes?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ hassle's are not with drivers but with game profiles. Scaling is not great in all the games but in supported titles and amd and nvidia release profiles for efficient scaling in their drivers for a particular game.

P.M S_V and he can clear it. If op gets a 580 , 570 or 6970 now, it will be more futureproof when he plans to add another card. Consistency is a factor always associated with single fast gpu's. Its their usp. Thats why they are not left out against a bit higher performing sli and cfx setups.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I think asingh himself did the same thing. He bought the fastest card at that time i.e hd 4890 and later when games became more demanding, bought another 4890 and xfired them. He immediately never went for a xfire and neither did he opt for a 4850xfire from start, which beats a single 4890 hands down any time.

This is my point. But let the op decide what he wants.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
4890 crossfire costed him 28k:)

and 6950 is an excellent card:)

And he didnt go for GTX285 which costed around 28k for single card then:), and is enjoying cf now.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ So are gtx 580,570 and 6970.:smile: He didn't go for cf straight away. Did he? S_V also did the same with his gtx 470.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
He went after very little time as he wasnt satisfied with single 4890.
SV's 470 sli also costed 28k :)

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
@Jas: a CF 6950 is nowhere chepo now. [28k - 34k]
Along with this you will invite unwanted Heat.

A CF 6950 is Performance bang when played with Multi Screen Setup &
priced well to beat Single 480/560/570 & 580 even.

Same case with S_V & Asingh too.
A single 570/580 performs well in 1080 & its more future proof than going with 6950.
Let the OP decide whether he wants a performance with a ready bang or Future proof.
No offense.

abirthedevil

In the zone
@deepakkumarb22, do you have any preference or specific requirements when it comes to graphics card?

@other peeps, whats the point of the debate? this thread was a suggestion thread not not a debate on GPU's poor guy started the thread and all he asked for was some configs why not wait for his reactions?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@Jas: a CF 6950 is nowhere chepo now. [28k - 34k]
Along with this you will invite unwanted Heat.

A CF 6950 is Performance bang when played with Multi Screen Setup &
priced well to beat Single 480/560/570 & 580 even.

Same case with S_V & Asingh too.
A single 570/580 performs well in 1080 & its more future proof than going with 6950.
Let the OP decide whether he wants a performance with a ready bang or Future proof.
No offense.

it costs 15k for a single gpu 1GB. so how come 34k!!!:neutral:

and its no unwanted heat. dont worry. everything he will have is top notch.

and 6950 in crossfire is much more futureproof. i dont know whether you neglect benches or just your own personal choices. no offense.

there is nothing like "enough future proof". even a 580 sli setup will get old with time. thats why i feel no need to spend that much on 580 sli or 570 or 6970 cf. they are usefull for multimonitor. 56k is huge amount. and it is.

and just tell me what became of GTX295. it was a king at its time. and not a long time before. same goes for a GTX480. even a 6950 tends to match it now. it costed 28k then. now whats its worth? think and tell me?

thats why spending uselessly knowing things will get outdated is no brainer.

and we had already left it to op.:-|
now can we stop it?

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
I agree with you Jassy.

BTW i mentioned the CF setup will cost roughly around 28k to 34k, its not for a single card.

GTX 295 was a good till date, but whoever have used it, they know what was their pro & cons. No point of arguing about it.

May be the cost of 580 will be 15k after 3-4years down the line & he can find this chepo & worth, but yeah nothing is Future proof its proven.

Sorry for posting this anyway ! find it useless.

OP
D

deepakkumarb22

Broken In
@deepakkumarb22, do you have any preference or specific requirements when it comes to graphics card?

@other peeps, whats the point of the debate? this thread was a suggestion thread not not a debate on GPU's poor guy started the thread and all he asked for was some configs why not wait for his reactions?

I really don't have a specific GPU in mind, but I would settle for a single GPU solution for now, and as suggested, uprade to Xfire (or SLI) when the situation demands it.

Maybe I will wait for the Sandy bridge series (isn't the K-edition coming too??) but I've always found Intel to be very very very very overpriced compared to AMD (pretty much the ONLY competitor)..

@desiibond: Thanks for the Win 7 HP suggestion.. I always wondered if Ultimate was worth it, but I think I'll go for a better chassis with the savings!!! Thanks again!!

@abirthedevil: "whats the point of the debate?" I really don't mind the debate, as long as I receive lots of advice... :grin: Once again Thanks to everyone and please keep the advice pouring in!!

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Updated Configuration:

Proc: Phenom II X6 1090T BE 3.2 GHz 10658.00
MoBo:GigaByte ATI 890GX Chipset GA-890GPA-UD3H 9137.00
Monitor: BenQ G2420HD 24 inch 11159.00
RAM: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz x 2 6875.00
HDD: Seagate SATA 1TB 32 MB Cache 2787.00
ODD: Sony DVD Writer SATA 24X 957.00
KB: Razer Arctosa 2149.00
Mouse: Razer Abyssus 1249.00
Cabinet: Cooler Master HAF 922 7298.00
PSU: Corsair 750W HX 8939
Display Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB 24076.50
Speakers: Altec Lansing VS4621 3267.60
UPS: APC 1100VA BR1100CI-IN 4617.90
Mousepad: Razer Goliatus Fragged Control Edition 1090.00

NOTES:

1. The Corsair RAM I had mentioned was XMS 3 indeed. Sorry about the confusion.. Forgot to put it in the original post

2. The Sony DVD Writer is a SATA drive

3. The WD Caviar retails at over Rs.6000 here.. I'd love to get it for 3000...

4. I moved from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 7 HP and changed the chassis to a CM HAF 922. Price remained almost the same..

Please keep the advice pouring in.. :)

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
HAF 922 costs 6k.

Don't buy Abyssus. Its jitters on most pads. Definitely with the Goliatus.
Also its unstable/wobbly.

Get the Deathadder. It has the same sensor but its jittering issue can be fixed with a firmware update.

Don't get HD5870. HD6870 can compete with it and is only 14k. Get the GTX570/GTX560/HD6950 (Jas and vicky will help you decide which :D).

Also 2500K can easily outperform that AMD for an extra 2k. Hardly overpriced.
Highly recommended.

Top Bottom