Gaming & Multimedia PC

neo2509

Right off the assembly line
PC Build Request Template

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Gaming, Multimedia, HD videos

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: Not Applicable (the lesser the better, no idea what it should be)

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Yes

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Need suggestions (if popular games work on linux, I would love to install Ubuntu)

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: Need suggestions

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Would a 32” LG LCD Jazz (1080p) TV work? If not, need suggestions

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 1

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Nope

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In next couple of months.. piece by piece with lots of negotiations from the cheapest vendor available

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: If LCD TV works as monitor, I would like to only invest in the box

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Pune, yes-Mumbai

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I would want the maximum configuration possible in the cheapest available price

d3p

PowerHouse
Frankly i don't understand whether you have ever played any games on PC or not ??? As you can't judge yourself, which type of games you love to play & at what Platform [OS] ????...........Seriously

Next is budget ??? After that Suggestion on HDD ???

How people like us will help you choosing a HDD with XX Capacity....???

Any way i find it weird...but still can give you the cheapest possible 1080p gaming machine.....

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II x4 840|4800
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|4000
RAM |G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBNQ|1100
Graphic Card |MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition|9800
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1900
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2000
Case |CM Elite 310|1500
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7000 - comments
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK100|500
UPS |Intex 1KVA|1800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1500
| Total |37000

Comments : Your 32inch LCD is a-ok for gaming, but not for multipurpose. like reading docs or browsing through or even placement near your eyes. Your call...

If not interested in buying the monitor then Get a APC 1.1KVA UPS @ 4.3k in order to drive the 32inch Monster....

OP
N

neo2509

Right off the assembly line
Frankly i don't understand whether you have ever played any games on PC or not ??? As you can't judge yourself, which type of games you love to play & at what Platform [OS] ????...........Seriously
Not in the last 10 years. The last game I played seriously were Quake3 and age-of-empires. Now that I have some time and money, want to return to the arena. So not even sure what changes have happened in the hardware division. Neither do I know what new games have come up. I can play them on my dell inspiron laptop but that would take away the fun so now want to create a gaming machine. This being a sort of lost hobby, and because I am not an games enthusiast, do not want to spend much on it. But yes, it would be good to kill some aliens as a break from the office work.

Next is budget ???
Same reason. I may afford the highest end configuration but want something which is cheaper and faster and I am not sure what it means in a gaming machine sense. I did not even know that there is something called GPU.

After that Suggestion on HDD ???
How people like us will help you choosing a HDD with XX Capacity....???
Oh may be a TB would be fine. May be this was a mistake to ask for.

Any way i find it weird...but still can give you the cheapest possible 1080p gaming machine.....
Thanks for the components. Isn't a GPU a requirement for games? Also, what is the difference between a processor like Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz and Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz in terms of gaming experience? Is it fabulous versus okay? Is it worth to save 5k on a Phenom II X4 840? [/QUOTE]
Sorry about my naive questions but I have absolutely no idea about hardware.

Top Bottom