Gaming/ Movie suited speakers 3k

anaklusmos

Youngling
Hey guys,
Im looking for a pair of speakers, preferably 2.1 around 3k mainly for the purposes of gaming and movies.
I am inclining towards Altec Lansing Octane 7 as i have seen them in action and they sounded much better than the offerings by creative around the 2.5k range.
If possible, i would like an optical or such input to connect to a PS3/X360 since i use an HDMI cable to connect them to my monitor, but that is of lower priority.

Any advice is welcome.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
i dont think speaker less than 10k have optical ports.

f&d a520 within 3k.

and if u can stretch ur budget to 4k. get edifier c2
Computer Speakers price, Buy Edifier C2 Multimedia Speaker, PC Speakers Review - Infibeam.com

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Though i forgot to mention, space may be a bit of a constraint ( only a bit).

Also is there no way to connect my PS3 to the speakers then without shelling out 10k ?

Online order is almost a no-no, but i can buy from either Delhi or Hyderabad (delhi preferable )

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Why get lower quality when i can spend more in my budget to get better speakers?

How does the Logitech Z313 compare to F&D A520 ?

kbganesh

Broken In
You wont find any difference unless you go for a price tag more than 6k infact t3100 is better in bass than a520 !! If you want better one get edifier c2 for 3.7k but its bit weak bass but quality will be good :)

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
I dont understand what u mean by better Bass..... what i need is clear notes and not bass which drowns other sounds.
Main purpose is Gaming/Movies so mids are important. And from what i have heard (with my own ears) and read, the T3100 gives very thin sounding mids, not suitable for me.....
Plz help i need to buy within the next 24 hours :S

Top Bottom