Gaming Crysis3 and CAD Solidedge

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Well buddy AFAIK water cooling doesnt actually mean using H2O its some other fluid good enough for heat transfer
also what do you say for air coolers that are heavy enough to rip the motherboard apart

Although it is completely different matter that FX 8350 doesnt require a water cooling kit

i know it uses non conductive liquids. :)
its just that if it were me, i'd hate to take liquid out of my GPU/slots.

that i dont have the budget for liquid cooling is another matter entirely :p :D

most motherboards these days have a metal back plate and the PCB's not that fragile

actually, high end mobos have reinforced PCBs.

plus metal back plate

OP
R

raj917

Broken In
modding isnt as easy in india as it is abroad.
True.
But i'm a mechanical engineering student and i just want to construct an awesome cabinet. My friend's uncle owns a workshop equipped with all the tools and machines needed for the job. And the first thing i will be doing on this rig would be designing that dream cabinet.
its just a holiday project to get the hands on experience of engineering

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^then you'll appreciate havinf the right tools for the right job[fab]

excellent if you have the right tools at hand. if not, welcome to hell :p

just in case, consider a 500R, and then buy an cheap Zerbronics/iBall cabby to mod on. ;)

Gollum

Collector
^then you'll appreciate havinf the right tools for the right job[fab]

excellent if you have the right tools at hand. if not, welcome to hell :p

just in case, consider a 500R, and then buy an cheap Zerbronics/iBall cabby to mod on. ;)

to add to that, I would suggest you to add columns to reinforce the cabinet as those cheap cabinets are quite bendable.

OP
R

raj917

Broken In
i think i should buy the 500r or 690 II Advanced (until the new case is ready) both out of stock in Flipkart. just hope sellers in SP road will have when i go there.
Also for the modding i will buy second hand cabinets although i only need the motherboard tray and the drive bays.

I'm still not sure of the monitor. i can spend 25-30k for that.
I also found a sabertooth z87 + i7 4770k combo on ebay for 51k

Also i have one more thing in mind. the idea is to have two hdds and a quadro and a gtx. A dual boot system. one OS in one of the hdd has quadro driver and another OS in the other HDD has gtx driver. Anybody tried this ?

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
lol

that would be pretty crazy.. you have to plug in the particular GPU before booting each time.

are you leaning towards Quadro for SolidEdge??

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
@op we have a famous modder from India in our forum. You can contact him. User name rakesh_sharma23.

here's one of his wonders "scratch-build-phase-changer-rig"

OP
R

raj917

Broken In
@op we have a famous modder from India in our forum. You can contact him. User name rakesh_sharma23.

here's one of his wonders "scratch-build-phase-changer-rig"

Thanks for the contact

so heres what i am thinking to get but still want to reduce cost

i7 4770k - 23k
Corsair H100i - 8k
asus 24b5st ODD -1k
Seasonic SS-860XP2 860 Watts PSU - 13.5k on flipkart
wd black 1tb - 5.8k
gskill ripjawsx 2x4gb - 4.4k
corsair 500r - 6k
ASUS VG248QE - 23k on geb ebay (hope it lasts till i order :| )

Don't know about motherboard and graphics .total till now is about 79k. Where can i cut ?

Last edited:
OP
R

raj917

Broken In
why are you not buying all the parts from sp road if you currently reside in bangalore ?

I will buy parts from sp road if i find the prices to be lower. The PSU, RAM sticks, HDD, ODD and Cabinet from SP road. The other parts if i available at lower prices.

varun004

Journeyman
go to golcha it and buy everything from there. I bought most of the parts and accessories from them. They have good prices than other sp road dealers.

Top Bottom