Gaming CPU @ 40k

Swift

Broken In
Ok I have just bought a 46" LED, so now I want to buy a CPU to connect with it for Gaming and watching movies. My budget is 40k. So kindly suggest a reasonable configuration.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming at very high detail levels. Latest games like Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Crysis3 and the like.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k. Can stretch to 50k but only if it's absolutely worth it.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Never tried it.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 or 8.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB. Should I also buy an SSD??

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I have a 46" full HD Samsung LED.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard and DVD Writer.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: May or June

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Have built.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chandigarh. Don't think I Can buy locally, but it would be great if someone can suggest a store anywhere in Chd or Punjab.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Motherboard should support crossfire or SLI. I can also stretch my budget more if it means having a significantly better GPU, not the recently launched overpriced ones just because they have a new chipset.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
fx 8350 (11000)

MSI 990FXA GD65 (9000)

Sapphire HD7870 2gb (16500)

G.Skill ripjaws or Corsair Vengance 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (4000)

Corsair gs500w (4000)

WD blue or Seagate barracuda 1 TB (3900)

Nzxt gamma (2500)

Total - 50,900

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
fx 8350 (11000)

MSI 990FXA GD65 (9000)

Sapphire HD7870 2gb (16500)

G.Skill ripjaws or Corsair Vengance 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (4000)

Corsair gs500w (4000)

WD blue or Seagate barracuda 1 TB (3900)

Nzxt gamma (2500)

Total - 50,900
:doogone:
Wt abt Speakers , UPS and Mice.....

i5 3450 (11000)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4000)
Corsair value select 1600 MHz 4 GB (1900)
WD Blue 1 TB (3900)
Sapphire HD7950 (22000)
Corsair GS600 (4800)
NZXT Gamma (2500)

total: 50100

Last edited:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Sapphire HD7950 is around 21.5k i think.
For locked proc and 7950, a 500w psu is ok.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Harshil u are frankly underquoting gpu but as op can go 50k it shd be fine.... :) Nice config.

if u want to stay on lower side of budget, a 7870 will do good enough.

ashish gave a very nice rig too so it is upto you....

get a rig with higher processing power and ocability and notable reduction in gpu or i5 (not bad processor whatsoever) and a faster gpu that would serve longer......

personally would go with harshil's config

Harshil u are frankly underquoting gpu but as op can go 50k it shd be fine.... :) Nice config.

if u want to stay on lower side of budget, a 7870 will do good enough.

ashish gave a very nice rig too so it is upto you....

get a rig with higher processing power and ocability and notable reduction in gpu or i5 (not bad processor whatsoever) and a faster gpu that would serve longer......

personally would go with harshil's config
Sorry, corrected the price. It's 20k without tax and 22k including tax.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
but op wants mobo which supports xfire/sli as b75 have pci-e 2.0 slot is which is only x4 when sli/cfx which will bottleneck med-high range gpu

Last edited:
OP
S

Swift

Broken In
Thanks for the advice guys. @Ashish65 I didnt get what u were trying to say in Post #9.

I found this config in another thread. i know it overshoots my budget but is this config worth the extra bucks?? And please help me decide between Intel and AMD. No one told me whether i should go for an SSD and i was also thinking of buying an Nvidia GPU because Batman Arkham City and Asylum had some feature which was only compatible with Nvidia cards, So i dont want to have any regrets later.

AMD FX 8350 - Rs 11000
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0- Rs 7000
Gskill 8GB RAM F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL- Rs 3450
GPU - Sapphire HD 7970 - Rs 28,500
HDD Toshiba 1TB - Rs 4000
PSU - Corsair TX650V2UK - Rs 5500
Cabinet - NZXT Source 210 Elite - Rs 2900

First please decide you'r budget. The config you've mentioned above is really great. If you can't get it, then replace the 7970 with 7950 and you'll be completely fine. If you go for an ssd, a decent 120 GB would cost around 5k.

^ 4 GB ram comes between 1900 to 2300. Value select comes at 1900 and ripjawsx and vengeance at ~2300.

^ 4 GB ram comes between 1900 to 2300. Value select comes at 1900 and ripjawsx and vengeance at ~2300.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Man are u sure it is JUST overshooting???

it would go like 10-12k over 50k...... and u add ssd = 6k total 66k....... 26k more .....

and no u will have absolutely have no regrets ......

OP
S

Swift

Broken In
Haha!! So i guess i'll have to cut down on my spendings for the next couple of months but i am definitely getting this machine.
Only a few queries more:

1) Anyone for the 680 or is the 7970 better??
2) Do i have to get any fans or other cooling equipment to prevent the rig from overheating coz it gets really hot in the summers here???
3) Any store where i can find even half this stuff in Chandigarh or Punjab?

Go for 7970. And you definitally need cabinet fans for the rig. You also didn't added the cpu cooler. Get the cooler master hyper 212 evo which is available for 2.2k and you'll be safe while overclocking

Go for 7970. And you definitally need cabinet fans for the rig. You also didn't added the cpu cooler. Get the cooler master hyper 212 evo which is available for 2.2k and you'll be safe while overclocking

Haha!! So i guess i'll have to cut down on my spendings for the next couple of months but i am definitely getting this machine.
Only a few queries more:
2) Do i have to get any fans or other cooling equipment to prevent the rig from overheating coz it gets really hot in the summers here???

Get 4,5max fans. Above that the temp. Increase only a degree or so for every fan. The back, front , top and bottom fans are a must. Add a side panel fan and your GPUs will also get cooled. Get 120mm fans from deepcool or cooler master

Shiva

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Get 4,5max fans. Above that the temp. Increase only a degree or so for every fan. The back, front , top and bottom fans are a must. Add a side panel fan and your GPUs will also get cooled. Get 120mm fans from deepcool or cooler master

Shiva

NZXT Source 210 Elite already comes with a 120 rear and a 140 top. Adding 2 front fans as intake is enough.
Align the cpu cooler fan(s) (CM Evo or whichever you finally choose) along the rear fan.
Prefer CM fans. The airflow, noise and performance is much better.

Top Bottom