Gaming Android Vs iOS

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
was going through the highest rated iOS titles on metacritic, and searching the Play store to see if the titles were available. only 1 in top 10, 6 in 25.
the really popular ones are the freebs where buying in game is optional, so this is def the measure most highest rated titles and not the most popular titles.

Best games are released for ios period! infinity blade ,ever heard of it? puts any android game to shame assuming android has any real games not some shitty ios clones!

Not sure where they release the best games. I actually don't give a heck as long as I'm having fun. And infinity blade? well, in my view, I don't see whats so great about this game apart from graphics. The game is absurdly awkward in story progression. U need 10000K to buy the infinity blade, and I'm not sure if I've the patience to go through the same stages for the rest of my life for it.Sure you can shell out $19 dollars for it, but I don't see the point. Quality (real) games don't put the games through such crap the last time I checked.

assassinscreed3

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone
If you're looking to buy a smartphone or tablet in the next few months, we've got great news: you can choose an iPad or a Nexus 7, an iPhone or an Android phone, and it'll be amazing.

shaunak

Tux Fan
No phone calls : Unless you live in a black hole, or a Faraday cage, the only way to avoid a call interrupting your world record high score on ninjump or fruit ninja is to use an iPod.

Airplane mode?

PS: Faraday cages are surprisingly easy to build. xD

noob

Cyborg Agent
I don't find a difference here.... I think i might reach to a better understanding once i start playing more games on my iPad. However, Temple Run 2 runs great on iPad as well as my Nexus 3.

deeparohatgiri

Right off the assembly line
I am an android user ... however I've played games on my friends iPhone 5 ...I would prefer iPhone over Android ...superb graphics...

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Iphone will always have more games than android.. The games are also always released first for iphone, then they are ported to android.. (just like 360)
stilll id rather buy an android phone than the overpriced iphone :D

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ios has tons more gaming accessories... from slot machines, wheels, joysticks, helicopters that firght in AR and a range of other input mechanisms

samudragupta

Youngling
there are many exclusive titles for ios. e.g. Fifa 13, this hasnt been released on android yet. i have htc one x and gaming aint that bad but ios dominates in this area... Time to upgrade my ipod 3rd gen to 5th gen in a month... yipee..

Sweves

Broken In
For me it's Android because there are a lot of free and cheaper games. Since my iOS is not updated, my choices are limited. However, when it comes to variety of games available, people have better options with iOS. Unfortunately, good games usually come with a price.

logout20

Journeyman
Iphone will always have more games than android.. The games are also always released first for iphone, then they are ported to android.. (just like 360)
stilll id rather buy an android phone than the overpriced iphone :D

true..they are overpriced without multitasking...

..android vs ios = pc vs consoles....

and which one is best..simple hai the one you can afford.....

i can afford android so android is best for me..

akkusoni

Broken In
You can also play psp games on android with the help of emulator ppsspp ifvyou have powerfull smartphone like s2 s3 note 2 etc but it is not possible on ios.I played god of war on my s2.this emulator is also available for ios with less games

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You can also play psp games on android with the help of emulator ppsspp ifvyou have powerfull smartphone like s2 s3 note 2 etc but it is not possible on ios.I played god of war on my s2.this emulator is also available for ios with less games

yup.. +100 to that
Dont forget games like zelda that run through emulation
and GBA games like DBZ:Buu's fury

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

how much is the fps?

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Not sure where they release the best games. I actually don't give a heck as long as I'm having fun. And infinity blade? well, in my view, I don't see whats so great about this game apart from graphics. The game is absurdly awkward in story progression. U need 10000K to buy the infinity blade, and I'm not sure if I've the patience to go through the same stages for the rest of my life for it.Sure you can shell out $19 dollars for it, but I don't see the point. Quality (real) games don't put the games through such crap the last time I checked.

Infinity blade hit zero price point. Droid games cant jump back to paid after beig free, so the statement that games are free in this ecosystem is more true for ios than droids. The pay 2 win titles (freemium) model seems to be flourishing more on droids (more such titles in top 100 new or popular).
You can earn the cash to buy all equipment easily by losing to the dark knight in bloodline 0 and starting a negative bloodline :)

iOS has the advantage of quantity, thats all.
When it comes to pure experience, iPhones cant beat Androids of similar pricing. Take a Rs25,000 Iphone 4 and pit it against Rs24,000 Xperia Sp for real gaming one on one.
The graphics on Xperia SP is much better, not to mention the 1" difference (1" is a lot in cellphone standards). i have played Infinity Blade on the iPhone 4 and within 30-40 mins battery drops by 20% and the glass body is hot like frying pan. I haven't played Infinity Blade on my SP, but i have played demanding game like NFS Most Wanted for 30 mins with mere 4% drop in battery, and the temperature is Warm at the most. And lets not mention the GPU horsepower (iPhone 4 is too outdated). Smokes and Shadows look awesome on the SP. And u cant really play games which require intricate touches like World of Goo on iPhone 4.. its pain and torture!
Developers make games for iPhone not because its a better platform, its because they can sell better there. The bridge between PlayStore and Apple's App Store is narrowing over time. Soon Android will be the numero uno choice for game developers.

(If it werent for Cydia i wouldnt game on iPhone4 ever. But even then its a hassle getting games. On Android, getting games is easier heheh)

Top Bottom