Gamepad/joystick for driving games

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I don't know much about this subject. In a keyboard one can only either have full acceleration(press up arrow) or no acceleration(leave arrow). I need a gamepad/joystick so acceleration can be increased in steps. to make things more real. i hope I am clear. suggest something within 1k please. will buy from nehru place.

thanks (gotta go)

Gollum

Collector
Do you need a complete wheel thing our a wingman design game pad.
Get lohitech rumble pad. Xbox360 controller is rather expensive.
A joy stick is not good for driving cars imo.

abirthedevil

In the zone
A wired 360 gamepad costs around 1300 but its quality is really worth it, the one i have now has been dealing with my abuse for one and a half years and still is performing like new, would strongly reccommend it

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Due to MS marketing strategies... Some high profile games support Forcefeedback only on X360 controller. And all most all games have native support. So, even if it is a couple of bucks costly.. It is definitely worth it.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
ok I have been doing some research and it seems for driving I need a controller with dual analog sticks. right ? so that both acceleration and steering can be adjusted in steps.
Does the cheap frontech gamepad come with dual analog sticks ? its got some good reviews and is much cheaper than xbox, so I am considering it...

Gollum

Collector
Frontech game pad jil series is having a good design with a messed up driver.
All nfs games give wrong vibration feedback.
The d pad is too tight. And the analog sticks are the worst type i've ever used. It gives you features but they are far from perfect or rather useful.
Get logitech or the 360 controller. They are the best. You can use a popular 360 controller emulator with the logitech controller if it's not compatible with a particular game.

abirthedevil

In the zone
frontech gamepad reviewed by whom? trust me when you use analog sticks quality does matter in the heat of gaming you can not always be kind and nice to your gamepad and low quality analog stick pads dont last half a month

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
^^^i borrowed frontech gamepad and analogue experience has'nt been that bad for me.
It may be cuz i never used xbox 360 controller. Tested on ninja blade, fifa11.
Altho i wish to buy one, i think rs1500 is but too much.
Any website that gives it for less capital (+ octroi)

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
In a keyboard one can only either have full acceleration(press up arrow) or no acceleration(leave arrow). I need a gamepad/joystick so acceleration can be increased in steps.

XBOX 360's controller has two triggers that can be used for "step" accelaration.

Top Bottom