Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried out Silent Hill Shattered Memories on the PCSX2. Menus and into was good. Did lot of experimenting. At first the characters appeared as humans without skin sound was good after that i was able to get good gfx but no sound. And the controls are a headache.

To all those who want to play PS2 titles, get the console and respect the awesomeness of the thing. It's 4k or something. Less than the cost of 2 PS3 games.

dinjo_jo

Padawan
Same here the fps are horrible and how wonder is ethan able to play the game with HD4850 at 1920 X 1080 ?
sunny - lower the AA its a fps killer i tried it and it helps.

My GPU seems to be dying , btw i have got GOW Collection.

Same here the fps are horrible and how wonder is ethan able to play the game with HD4850 at 1920 X 1080 ?

My GPU seems to be dying , btw i have got GOW Collection.

Yeah, I think I should do that. Demon's Souls is coming if you already don't know about it. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
To all those who want to play PS2 titles, get the console and respect the awesomeness of the thing. It's 4k or something. Less than the cost of 2 PS3 games.
4k? Not for a new one. The official console still costs Rs.5,999. A pre-modded one should cost around the same.

dinjo_jo said:
I'll post a screenshot of my graphic settings once I get home. I have applied 2X AA and V-Sync is turned OFF. That's what I can remember.

NVIDIAGeek said:
But HELL! No EZIO!!!
Get the legit copy. It's available for Rs.900 in Bombay. If you really want to play the game, then why wait when it's readily available?

Just killed Cronos. The way Kratos turnes his opponent`s elements against himself is just awesome.
Now i'm on my ps3 for KZ2 mp, anyone up then join me.

Alright I had a 2 hours long Just Cause 2 session. The game looks beautiful and the environments are very well designed. The gameplay is fun too with all the cool stuff. You could grapple onto a building and then jump off it and land with a parachute, blow up vehicles and do all crazy things.
In the graphics department the game easily beats the console counterparts. I'm playing on 1920x1200 , everything maxed out except AA which is 4x and no Vsync. Getting 35-45 FPS all the time.
Try this one out fellas.

Anyone who is thinking about getting Prison Break: The conspiracy, don't even bother. The game is sh!t. I was highly disappointed being a Prison Break fan.

Also tried out Shadow of Colossus on my PS2 and the game looks like puke. I wonder how people can still play that game. No matter how good it is, the graphics are downright pathetic.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
No offence but the game doesn't look any better than that.
Pitting it against? With the PS2, it's not all about graphics. It's been ages since the game has been out there and though it's NO God of War, it surely is a superb title. Sometimes, we just need to keep aside our "graphic b*tching" attitude (me included) and play the game for what it's worth. Was Fahrenheit any good at graphics? It was poor on that front, but the gameplay and storyline just blew everything off. Don't you agree? ;-)

Pitting it against? With the PS2, it's not all about graphics. It's been ages since the game has been out there and though it's NO God of War, it surely is a superb title. Sometimes, we just need to keep aside our "graphic b*tching" attitude (me included) and play the game for what it's worth. Was Fahrenheit any good at graphics? It was poor on that front, but the gameplay and storyline just blew everything off. Don't you agree? ;-)
Believe me buddy, Fahrenheit looked way better than this game. The graphics are very choppy and no AA at all. Maybe it's because I played it on my full HD LCD. I'll try it out on my old 19" TV tomorrow. The game surely seemed interesting.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Believe me buddy, Fahrenheit looked way better than this game. The graphics are very choppy and no AA at all. Maybe it's because I played it on my full HD LCD. I'll try it out on my old 19" TV tomorrow. The game surely seemed interesting.
Fahrenheit? Looking better than Shadow of Colossus? *wipes eyes*

It won't have any AA, as not many PS2 games had AA in them back then. Heck even God of War didn't have AA. It's not the graphics which are choppy, but the frames are very poor and that's mainly because of the vast terrain it has to render. Check the size of those Colossus; a lot of detail has gone into creating them. Even I didn't find it very interesting in the beginning and often would find myself lost looking for the Colossi, but it was all worth it once I knew the trick to find them, killing them was another task.

If you have played it on a LCD, then it will look even more poor. It's meant for a CRT Television, pretty much all the games are.

EDIT: Did you send the games?

Had the games all packed up and when I reached the office the fu*ktards had closed up. Never knew they close up before 3 on Saturdays. Really sorry buddy but I guess you'll have to wait one more day. :(

cyborg47

Technomancer
Dude sunny..dont judge the game by its graphics..they might look aged in the begining, but as u go on, the animations of the lead character, horse and the colossi are simply amazing.
The horse animations are done so well, even the ones in assassin's creed are crap compared to the ones in SOC!
Dont be a noob, do play the game, u wont regret!
and like i said, the fight with the colossus are way more EPIC than the god of war's boss battles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom