Galaxy S2 vs MotoRAZR droid

slyfox

Broken In
Hi! I want to purchase an android based mobile phone. budget around 26k.

My priority is good music, camera and battery apart from normal android uses. minor performance difference in apps and games can be ignored in suggestion.

I was thinking of purchasing s2 or razr droid.

I am getting S2 I9100 @ 25575 on ebay and RAZR @ 25400 after applying coupons.

Though i know s2 is a bit better than razr in performance but i just loved the razr after trying it @ reliance digital.

Wanted to your suggestions considering my priorities.

aroraanant

Explorer
Won't suggest you any of those.
Rather get a One X by extending your budget.You can easily get it for 32.5k or may be less with the help of coupons.

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
Won't suggest you any of those.
Rather get a One X by extending your budget.You can easily get it for 32.5k or may be less with the help of coupons.

I tried one x and s3 both. they are too big as i have small pair of hands. infact these 4.3" screen are also big but were just in the comfortable zone (maybe a little outside).

As for waiting I can't wait much as my old cell phone got lost and i need to buy a new one.

rider

as Kratos
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX outshines iPhone sales

It has Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery, which has the best battery backup in any smartphone.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
If I'm not wrong the one on ebay selling for 25.5k is I9100G, which technically has same hardware as the Droid. Accept it or not S2 has truck loads of screen issues. I would suggest, go with Droid.

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4327&idPhone2=4273

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX outshines iPhone sales

It has Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery, which has the best battery backup in any smartphone.

The pre order Price for Droid Maxx is 32k in India. Which is a bit on the high side. Not a good option when you have S3 lurking around.

rider

as Kratos
If I'm not wrong the one on ebay selling for 25.5k is I9100G, which technically has same hardware as the Droid. Accept it or not S2 has truck loads of screen issues. I would suggest, go with Droid.

I9100G is discontinued weeks ago. Now only I9100 is available of june 2012 manufacturing, it costs 25.1k in indiaplaza via coupon code SAM10OFF

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I9100G is discontinued weeks ago. Now only I9100 is available of june 2012 manufacturing, it costs 25.1k in indiaplaza via coupon code SAM10OFF

Let's talk about realistic deals here s2 | eBay

Almost all the S2's there, are I9100G.

The minimum price I see is around 25k after coupons.

And talking about the discontinuation, it's the other way AFAIK. I9100 was discontinued because of overheating and Screen Issues and the downgraded I9100G was released.

I can confirm it because two of my friends bought S2 last week, we searched many shops to find a I9100 from Old stock, as all the available new stock was I9100G.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
That's what I meant buddy. It's not VERY good, its just good. Slightly better than most phones but also inferior to many other phones. SQ is one of the few weaknesses of the S2
EDIT: Checked checked on XDA and according to most people RAZR has better sound quality than GS2. Also louder.
GSMArena review also states the same.

admirer

Broken In

Let's talk about realistic deals here s2 | eBay

Almost all the S2's there, are I9100G.

The minimum price I see is around 25k after coupons.

And talking about the discontinuation, it's the other way AFAIK. I9100 was discontinued because of overheating and Screen Issues and the downgraded I9100G was released.

I can confirm it because two of my friends bought S2 last week, we searched many shops to find a I9100 from Old stock, as all the available new stock was I9100G.

I can confirm what rider said , because i bought one from Indiaplaza last week. And it was i9100 and not i9100G . And It was made in June 2012 .

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
I checked the galaxy s2 on ebay. almost all are I9100G which i am reluctant to buy.
now i am also considering sensation xe. any views on that??

there is also 1 deal of iphone 4 locked @ 21600 after 10% coupon (personalised). is it a good buy??

indiaplaza is listing s2 i9100G

i also found a lot of deals regarding motorola photon 4g. any views on that?

any one has any views on deal like this HTC Sensation XE Mobile In Excellent Condition With All Accessories | eBay ?
are they safe to go with?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^
The seller has not mentioned that how much it is used and more info about the condition about the phone.Just give him a call or message him on ebay and get to know the details

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
^^^
The seller has not mentioned that how much it is used and more info about the condition about the phone.Just give him a call or message him on ebay and get to know the details

The sensation XE is 6 months old.

I just came across a HTC one x AT&T version deal at ebay

Brand New HTC ONE X (White) / AT&T Version / Bigger than Galaxy S2 I9100 | eBay

Also have a look at the deal of galaxy s2 i777. is it better than i9100??

*www.ebay.in/itm/221053994801

and finally

*www.ebay.in/itm/30-Samsung-Galaxy-...ile_Phones&hash=item3a7634e895#ht_3236wt_1139

For the one X, found good reviews but the non removable battery and no microSD card was disappointing. people may say 16 GB is enough but from my experience of suing computers, 16gb can get outdated easily.
at time when 40GB used to big memory in desktop soon turned out to be minimum in 2 years.

Skyrocket deal looks good to me. what say guys??

Last edited:
Top Bottom