Galaxy Note 2 Fell in water

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Only one thing I wanted to check is whose assumption should I believe the local mobile repair guy who says only display is gone or the Samsung Service guy who says both motherboard and display are gone.
Should I give it a try by replacing the display for 6.5?
Is it worth the gamble?

Not worth trying. :|

*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/190351-galaxy-note-2-fell-water-post2208354.html#post2208354
Power IC may go kaput, which may render the mobo useless which means your phone may die.

*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/190351-galaxy-note-2-fell-water-post2209569.html#post2209569
No point in spending 13k for getting it fixed. You can buy better phones at that price.
Phone's motherboard related problems aren't easy to fix. Replacing mobo parts like PowerIC is cumbersome and requires good soldering skills.

If water has anyhow reacted with any of the metallic circuit, the phone will have a slow death despite repair work and you may not know when the phone will die. :(

My old Nokia 6303 experienced the same fate and went dead. The display still works though.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
so all the guys out here who helped me so far.
One final call please.
Should I try fixing the display for 6.5k and then try selling of the phone as it is.
@ SaiyanGoku ,amjath

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
so all the guys out here who helped me so far.
One final call please.
Should I try fixing the display for 6.5k and then try selling of the phone as it is.
@ SaiyanGoku ,amjath
Motherboard is dying so no point spending 6.5k and selling this phone to anyone as it will bounce back on you in the end

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Motherboard is dying so no point spending 6.5k and selling this phone to anyone as it will bounce back on you in the end

Assuming that motherboard is not dead as said by the local mobile guy since when we switch on phone boot up sound is coming and also if I connect to PC all the files are visible. Wouldn't it be worth a gamble getting display done and selling off in a local mobile market.
I can understand selling it off to someone we know then there can be backtracking but if we sell it local mobile market who is going to backtrack.

I wish there was some neutral phone technician who could tell me whether only display is gone or motherboard as well.

Piyush

Lanaya
I really wanted to share a joke related to this incident. But since OP is sad coz of the accident, I wont.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Assuming that motherboard is not dead as said by the local mobile guy since when we switch on phone boot up sound is coming and also if I connect to PC all the files are visible. Wouldn't it be worth a gamble getting display done and selling off in a local mobile market.
I can understand selling it off to someone we know then there can be backtracking but if we sell it local mobile market who is going to backtrack.

I wish there was some neutral phone technician who could tell me whether only display is gone or motherboard as well.

Get A new phone 6.5k is not worth the risk.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Got someone is willing to take this for Rs 1000 should I go ahead and sell this off or should I see if anyone will buy for Rs 2000.

- - - Updated - - -

Got someone is willing to take this for Rs 1000 should I go ahead and sell this off or should I see if anyone will buy for Rs 2000.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

- - - Updated - - -

As a paper weight ?

amjath

Human Spambot

- - - Updated - - -

Sell it for 3k, tell them only display problem if it is fixed it go more than 15k and all
As a paper weight ?
If repaired and luck is in your way it might live for more than an year. Who knows

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
^ I doubt any non-noob will buy a Note 2 for even 12k which has damaged Mobo.
Bro if it's a damaged mobo then how come the phone is getting switched on and also I'm able to view the files when connected to the PC.
I guess if mobo is gone it will neither switch on or will show the files when connected to PC.
Is Phone motherboard different from our PC Mobo.

- - - Updated - - -

So in the end... what did you get?
Well I have to try in couple of more places.

Top Bottom