Galaxy Note 2 Fell in water

$hadow

Geek in making
Actually too be honest I may get a good phone around my anniversary and have been asked to adjust with any decent phone or my mom's redmi 1s.
So ideally I would prefer any phone around 5k. Yureka if I get around 2k for my Note2.
Also one more thing now that the guys is telling motherboard is working can I connect the phone to PC and take backup of the pics etc.
You don't have your pics on the ext sd card?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys assuming it may cost Rs 8k to fix the display does it make sense to get it fixed and sell it later for 10k.
Atleast I will get 2k.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys assuming it may cost Rs 8k to fix the display does it make sense to get it fixed and sell it later for 10k.
Atleast I will get 2k.

There is no guarantee when your mobo will die. Heck it may have died a while back but the local repair guy may be lying. And nobody will buy that for 10k. You may end up loosing that 8k instead.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
There is no guarantee when your mobo will die. Heck it may have died a while back but the local repair guy may be lying. And nobody will buy that for 10k. You may end up loosing that 8k instead.

Bro he showed me sounds coming on after connecting the battery.
Now also when I hit the home button I get message
"No Network not available"
Also when I touch the screen I get bubble type of sound which comes when the screen is locked.
I connected the phone to my PC and I'm able to see all the files just now.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys wanted to check on one thing.
Do you think getting the Screen replaced now and then buying some better phone say One Plus one later in the year is a better option.
Maybe somehow I can scrape through for 5-6 months.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys wanted to check on one thing.
Do you think getting the Screen replaced now and then buying some better phone say One Plus one later in the year is a better option.
Maybe somehow I can scrape through for 5-6 months.

if u wait for the end of this year then lots of new phones will be there and even One plus two :-D

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Got this checked with another Samsung Exclusive Service Center and they informed the same thing as the first Samsung Service Center person.
Motherboard is burned and Display is gone. Only thing is this person is telling the whole thing to fix will take 15k and the better option would be to get a new phone instead.(6.5k for display and remaining for motherboard)

$hadow

Geek in making
Got this checked with another Samsung Exclusive Service Center and they informed the same thing as the first Samsung Service Center person.
Motherboard is burned and Display is gone. Only thing is this person is telling the whole thing to fix will take 15k and the better option would be to get a new phone instead.(6.5k for display and remaining for motherboard)

Certainly 15k is not worth on it any more, you can get Lumia 640XL with a bugger screen in that price.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Actually the local mobile store said that display is gone and it would cost me around Rs 8500 to fix it.
I thought of fixing the display and selling it say for 10k.
I would atleast get around 1-2k than getting nothing for it now.
So I went and inquired in another Samsung Service center where he said only Display would cost Rs 6.5k.
But he says motherboard is dying.
Should I dump this Note2?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Actually the local mobile store said that display is gone and it would cost me around Rs 8500 to fix it.
I thought of fixing the display and selling it say for 10k.
I would atleast get around 1-2k than getting nothing for it now.
So I went and inquired in another Samsung Service center where he said only Display would cost Rs 6.5k.
But he says motherboard is dying.
Should I dump this Note2?

yes use it as paperweight

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Only one thing I wanted to check is whose assumption should I believe the local mobile repair guy who says only display is gone or the Samsung Service guy who says both motherboard and display are gone.
Should I give it a try by replacing the display for 6.5?
Is it worth the gamble?

Top Bottom