Galaxy Note 2 Fell in water

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^So did you decide on any phone yet?

Currently thinking of not investing anything more than 5k on any new phone currently.
May move away from Android phones or get and Android phone which has decent features for price mentioned above.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
or maybe I need to explore the option as someone suggested of exchanging this dead phone with new phone.
I think it's time I explore this option now.

- - - Updated - - -

extend a bit and get Moto E 1st gen if avaialble

Not a big fan of this budget phones including Redmi1s. Hence I was thinking of getting a basic phone.
I think with Moto E I heard one negative is camera I guess apart from that it's good I believe.
I guess it's price is around 6k.
Would this be a better bet than Redmi1s. If not then I will get a basic phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Story mein twist happened.
Gave the phone to another phone repair guy yesterday.
He is saying mobo was wet but now is fine and is working but display is gone.
So if Display is repaired phone should be ok.
Display will cost around 10-11k.
He can have the display fit of some other phone which is similar if I'm ok.
My question is when Samsung Service center guy says display is around 7k how come this guys is quoting around 10k. And also saying he can have it replaced with another existing phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas guys?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
or maybe I need to explore the option as someone suggested of exchanging this dead phone with new phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a big fan of this budget phones including Redmi1s. Hence I was thinking of getting a basic phone.
I think with Moto E I heard one negative is camera I guess apart from that it's good I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

My question is when Samsung Service center guy says display is around 7k how come this guys is quoting around 10k. And also saying he can have it replaced with another existing phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas guys?
LOL for 10-11k you can buy a better and newer phone instead of a screen for an old phone.

Redmi 1s with AOSP based roms is far better than Moto E. Today, I used a friend's Redmi 2 on stock MIUI 6 and it felt good. No lags or glitches or heating which was on stock MIUI5 on Redmi 1s. So if you can get Redmi 1s for 4.5-5.5k (read some website was selling unpacked boxes officially which were returned) and wait for MIUI6 (or flash AOSP based rom) it'll be the best android you can get in that budget.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Just want to add one more point. He said he has similar phone of other customer and he can take the display out of that phone and have it put in my phone and that may cost around 2-3k.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Just want to add one more point. He said he has similar phone of other customer and he can take the display out of that phone and have it put in my phone and that may cost around 2-3k.

so you are saying,he will remove the display of another Note 2 and put it in your phone?for 2-3k?
thats worth a try imho,better to try this than settle for Moto E 1st gen etc
Nothing to lose for 2-3k as such

Just ensure you ask him to give you the old parts of your phone (incase it doesnt work out and you have to return it)
they usually discard/scrap old parts

Good Luck!! Glad to know you found such a deal otherwise such an expensive purchase would have gone in "paani"!! (LOL :D :p )

Do let us know the progress!!

A word of caution btw,dont be surprised if the bezels are scratched etc,repairing a samsung phone = slight scratches to the silver bezel

ALSO- specifically warn him,that if something goes wrong etc ,you WILL come back and get a refund from him/get the damage repaired for free

Grey Point Zero

New to this forum

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas guys?

Or you can just buy my Note 2, brought in India when I was last there, excellent condition, no scratches etc.

Minion

Conversation Architect

If he is saying he will use display of other customer it goes same with you too he may change your motherboard or battery.

$hadow

Geek in making
Currently thinking of not investing anything more than 5k on any new phone currently.
May move away from Android phones or get and Android phone which has decent features for price mentioned above.

At this budget windows provide a better deal.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
If he is saying he will use display of other customer it goes same with you too he may change your motherboard or battery.
Yep he mentioned the same.
He said will check with the other guy if he is OK to give display of his phone then he will put that in my phone.
However if the other is guy is not ok to use his display will check with him if he wants motherboard to be replaced with mine. Then he will pay me certain amount and take off the my motherboard.

- - - Updated - - -

At this budget windows provide a better deal.

I somehow don't seem to like Windows Phone unless they are above 10k models.

$hadow

Geek in making
This is a perspective. I feel windows perform best at that sub 10k budget.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Latest update from the phone repair guy is that the other phone display also is gone so he can' replace my display with the other phone's.
1.I would have to shell out around 8k minimum to get the display changed
2. I should try to see if I can exchange this phone online somewhere
3. I should dump this phone and get a new phone

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Latest update from the phone repair guy is that the other phone display also is gone so he can' replace my display with the other phone's.

instead get a brand new on 8k

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

2 or 3. For 7K there's Redmi 2, Lenovo A6000, Moto E2 and for 9k there's Yureka.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
not worth repairing for 8k,sell the phone and get one of the phones [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] mentioned above

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
instead get a brand new on 8k
Actually my current budget in only 5k.
Since initially he was suggesting that he may get it fixed for under 5k I was ok with it. I also thought I would give the phone later to my daughter.
But 8k I don't think cuts the deal.
My only worry is now this is not even going to fetch 3k like that?

- - - Updated - - -

2 or 3. For 7K there's Redmi 2, Lenovo A6000, Moto E2 and for 9k there's Yureka.

What about option 2? Do you know of any online offers for anything exchange.
Will these guys not check the old phone before giving new phone?
As mentioned not thinking anything more than 5k at the max 6k.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence my dear friends request you to help me in getting some online offer wherein I can exchange this masterpiece.

$hadow

Geek in making
They won't give you a exchange for a sub 10k phone unless you have a Asha phone which MS will replace. If you can stretch it I would strongly recommend getting yureka but if not redmi 2 is good.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
They won't give you a exchange for a sub 10k phone unless you have a Asha phone which MS will replace. If you can stretch it I would strongly recommend getting yureka but if not redmi 2 is good.

Actually too be honest I may get a good phone around my anniversary and have been asked to adjust with any decent phone or my mom's redmi 1s.
So ideally I would prefer any phone around 5k. Yureka if I get around 2k for my Note2.
Also one more thing now that the guys is telling motherboard is working can I connect the phone to PC and take backup of the pics etc.