Galaxy Nexus Advice

cherukkan

Right off the assembly line
Good Morning all.
I Am in the process of ordering Samsung Galaxy Nexus via a relative. I Need some advice on it.
Firstly,
Will the Device work in India, Since Nexus isn't being sold here ?
I Came to know that the Nexus doesn't have expandable memory, is it true ?
How is the battery life of the device ?
Is it worth getting this time, considering that Google will Release a new Nexus in November like every year. And what about the Jelly Bean Update. When can i receive it. ?
Yes there a many question, thank you for responding. :)
This will be my first smartphone, coming from a Nokia E-72 :)
Cheers

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, the device will work in India.
yes, it doesn't have expandable memory. :(
Battery life isn't anything to talk about.
Jelly Bean update? It has already received.

Overall - it is the Android device to get imo.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Galaxy Nexus is an awesome device. If your relative can get one, I can buy it from you if you don't want the phone.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Go for it. My brother purchased it yesterday for 25K in Dadar (Mumbai). AMAZING DEVICE.

This device is for people who flash custom roms and all a lot. Otherwise you can get something else..

You are wrong. Every android device can be flashed with custom ROM or you use it as it is. You have a choice. If he gets something else , OP will be doomed with NO updates :)

amjath

Human Spambot
Jellbean's blog review and user reviews are soooooo good.

Jellybean 4.1 - Smartest & Fastest Android OS launched- Nexus gets | Blogshippo.com

I myself wanted this device since it is getting quick updates and raw android.

U ll not regret, Go for it.

OP
C

cherukkan

Right off the assembly line
Update guys. I'm going to get the HSDPA Version 16GB. Not the HSDPA+ version. Will that matter if use in India ?
Thanks again

kunalht

In the zone
have you bought this phone??
Is this working perfect??
can you acces google play in india??
Plz tell me I want to buy thAT phone....

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
me too considering to suggest it to my brother.... scanning ebay frequently for best deals... lowest i got was 20.5k using coupon
somebody knows better deal...????? please post....

LegendKiller

In the zone
I had specifically emailed samsung about this and they have refused. otherwise i would have purchased this long ago. strict no-no if you ask me.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I had specifically emailed samsung about this and they have refused. otherwise i would have purchased this long ago. strict no-no if you ask me.

I guess that leaves me with just the Galaxy S2.... and if by some miracle the prices drop in the US, the galaxy S3

khmadhu

change is constant!!
how about galaxy s2 i727 skyrocket !! ?

bigger screen, better processor,HDMI connectivity.. in ebay they are selling @

Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 improved model i727 skyrocket. | eBay

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Nexus was also my choice earlier.. most vendors in ebay provide Serve Pro Warranty (3rd Party service center) but what made me look away from Nexus is the very short 3hrs battery life when browsing over wifi Samsung Galaxy Nexus battery life fully tested, results come out disappointing [TEST] - GSMArena Blog

Top Bottom