G502 vs 5130 xm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
Hi guyz........
i am asking u ppl ur reviews abt these two phones.......i shortlisted them acc to my budget and preferences.
Sony Ericsson G502
Nokia 5130 Xpress Music

Now i am confused between these two as,
1. I am always a fanboy of Nokia, the keyword XpressMusic force me to have this one, also they r giving 1GB microsd card free with it.

2. The SE phone is full of features, especially the 3G tag, not sure how time will it take to me to use 3G, (may be a year)....:D
Neverthless, SE also looks more stylish than Nokia. But i have to buy a seperate card for it.Also, it is costlier than Nokia, checked online somewhere its under 5.6 K.

Now help me, which one to go for.....?? Does the sound quality for 5130 is better than G502 as its XM. I heard 5130 has 3.5mm jack support...!!

If anyone has used any of these, plz put on ur reviews.....and current street price for both!!!
Thnks guyzz....

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
G502 = better screen ,much much better os , better internet , nice design , overall a better phone . BUT ITS ~2K COSTLIER. (considering cost of accesaries it lacks)

5130= Better Music . Its actually one of the best music phone , even compared to many high end model . Very cheap for its features .

I'd choose g502 anyday if budget permits.

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
whats the street price for G502....??I think i got some wrong info....!!

Does the sound quality of 5130 far better than G502 ??

k4ce

Youngling
g502 has a better more polished interface ...

5130 has better music .... and a 3.5mm jack ...

so ur call ... i bught a 3g fone hoping for 3g to get here ... yet to happen ... dont think 3g must be a priority ...

but check what comes in the box for each of the fones ... not sure bout prices .... but g502 must be cheaper

5130XM is cheaper. Its 5.3K around while G502 is 7K.
And by personal experience, its a great music phone.

Forget 3G. It would take ages to arrive.

5130 supports upto 16GB memory (but its really slow with it) but G502 has max 4GB support.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:

5130 supports upto 16GB memory (but its really slow with it) but G502 has max 4GB support.

Last edited:
OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian

what.........:shock: 5130 supports only upto 2GB, at one site it was 4GB......cant be upto 16GB anyway bro.......

R u sure.....G502 is near about 7K.....??
Also, 3G is at the bottom of my priority list, sound quality on top. But yaar.....looks matter .....!!!

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
G502 !! for it. Trust me you will love it.
Its music is much better then Nokia XM what so ever, it packs the same music player as in the high end Walkmans which cost 15k !

Its has a much better screen, far far better interface. Animated flash menus, google maps integrated seamlessly. Plus 3g !! Awesome battery, just see the reviews across the internet.
If you are look towards a over all great experience then of course G502.
The most amazing thing is the Media Center!!

Its price was 7k long ago. Now certainly it should be much lesser.

After all that with A2uploader you can even customize your phone to your needs via FS modding. etc.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
what.........:shock: 5130 supports only upto 2GB, at one site it was 4GB......cant be upto 16GB anyway bro.......

R u sure.....G502 is near about 7K.....??
Also, 3G is at the bottom of my priority list, sound quality on top. But yaar.....looks matter .....!!!

i am personally useing 8 GB card on 5130 , no lags whatsoever works like charm , just browsing through folder with high number of files (not size ) takes time . but anyways capacity isnt any problem with this phone .

i am personally useing 8 GB card on 5130 , no lags whatsoever works like charm , just browsing through folder with high number of files (not size ) takes time . but anyways capacity isnt any problem with this phone .
I was going to check out my friend's 5800 XpressMusic's 8GB card in college but swine flu hit the college and we were sent on a 10 day vaccation so couldn't do that.

I know its offtopic, but do you mind posting your experience with 8GB card and 5130XM ? And what about 16GB card ? As for the number problem, I could always sort each band's folder into subfolders containing indivudual albums. So that won't be an issue.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Its music is much better then Nokia XM what so ever, it packs the same music player as in the high end Walkmans which cost 15k !

I dont know where you got this info from , but in my quick in store test 5130 was superior in sound quality . As i've said , it can easily rival the likes of n78/82 etc . Also cheap microsd cards and 3.5mm jack makes it great music player . If you dont believe, read the reviews . Dont get fooled by its cheap price , its cheaper only because its made in india so low tax. Otherwise it costs around $150 internationally. Also battery backup is SUPERB.

But , your other points are true. G502 is way superior because of its software . I really liked its browser.

BTw , last i checked g502 was still ~ 7k without data cable or memory card.
Posted again:
I know its offtopic, but do you mind posting your experience with 8GB card and 5130XM ? And what about 16GB card ? As for the number problem, I could always sort each band's folder into subfolders containing indivudual albums. So that won't be an issue.

I plugged my 5800's 8gb card straight in 5130 to shut the mouth of se rep who was telling nokia dont support high capacity card and it become slow and bla bla bla. It worked perfectly . Startup was consideranly slower but after that no slowness or whatever . Same for the music player , scanning was slow(with ~1500 songs) but then it was ok . Dont worry about card capacity as long as you put good branded original card.

Btw , i still think g502 is better overall if budget permits.

Last edited:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
I was going to check out my friend's 5800 XpressMusic's 8GB card in college but swine flu hit the college and we were sent on a 10 day vaccation so couldn't do that.

Startup is not much slower in my case , scanning takes some time but after scanning it works like charm 850 songs + 400 3GP videos , gallery opens in flash as long as it has less number of folders , music player works fastest in default theme . overall it works same as any 2GB/1GB card would work .

*I would also like to tell that java compability has been greatly improved with firmware , i was on 5.xx something and 3d games doesnt worked and many games run with lags , but in 6.93 firmware , it is wayyy faster and responsive than older firmware . jbenchmark score is greatly improved (dont remember by how much ) .

Camera quality is also improved especially in low light condition . but it takes time to finally save it in *.jpg format .(happnes in background but still it is slower)
*img504.imageshack.us/img504/1541/image0021d.th.jpg

this is an example , the picture was taken in darker environment than it looks

Phone slow problem is mostly seen in slower S60 devices like 6600 , newer S60 device equipped with faster processor are anyday faster .

6x6

Journeyman
5130 looks like chinees phones. (or may be chinees phones look like 5130 :-D )

G502 has better camera , if your priority is camera then go for G502. and it has 3G

if you dont buying mainly for camera and music is your priority then 5130 is cheap solution, you will save ~2k

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
definitely.....music is my first priority then camera......
and i think 3G is a dream till now.....:D
now, as soon this rain get over i'll ask my local dealer abt these two.....nd i am tending towards 5130 XM now...;) after so much recommendation by max and MHG....!!!
but definitely will try a hand on G502.....

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
When you look at g502 personally in hand it is not a beauty at all , it only looks good in photos . I have not seen 5130 personally so cannot comment . Anyway G502 is slightly better but costlier and 5130 looks best within its budget .

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Nokia 5130 looks pretty good in real. Bought one for my aunt for 5750 rs in june. Looking to buy a new one, what's its price these days? In mumbai that is.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Its around rs5300 these days .

@itian

The beauty og g502 is not in its exterior look , but its os . You need to take a demo of the os to see the real advantage of it

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I forgot about its browser, its nice. The music i really don't know what you are saying! just plugin in good earphones you will get your output accordingly. if you don't have the connectors then its sad!!

G502 actually looks nice, if you carefully notice it, initially it looked bad to me, when i got one and then i noticed its polished glossy looks.

if you can afford 7k then G502!! In this price range SE gets you best VFM!

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Its around rs5300 these days .

@itian

The beauty og g502 is not in its exterior look , but its os . You need to take a demo of the os to see the real advantage of it
G502 does not have any particular OS but the usuall SE firmware interference with some contemporary features and flash lite themes .
I think u want 2 say that it is faster then s40 based phones .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom