Full lockup while playing game...no BSOD but need to fully power down

jeus

Right off the assembly line
I am facing a problem with my new assembled PC. Every now and then while playing graphics oriented games like GTA IV, Trainz Classic, Need for Speed Pro-street, City Bus Stimulator, etc, the game will do a hard stall after few minutes of playing where I can't do anything. No keyboard, no mouse, nothing. All I can do is manually power off the system via the power button. There is no BSOD, no error pops up.

The configuration of system is as under. The system is running under default setting of mother board.

Operating System : MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU : AMD Phenom II X6, 1090T 3.2 GHz
Mother board : ASUS, M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 (AM3)
RAM : 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3
HDD : 1TB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA)
: 2 TB Western Digital WD20EARS-00J99B0 (SATA)
Monitor : ViewSonic 27", VX2739wm
(running at 1920x1080@60Hz)
GPU : 2048MB (DDR3) GeForce GT 400
PSU : Corsair, CX500 (500 watts)
Cabinet : Cooler Master STROM

Also, when I m trying to run system using onboard graphics, system is not starting even after numbers of manual re-boots. There is no signals to monitor. I have also tried installing 32bit version of Windows7, but the problem persists. Pl. help me solving this problem.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Sounds like a heating issue or driver problem.

Reseat the RAM modules and GPU.

Try updating all drivers and apply latest patches .
Update Direct X.

OP
J

jeus

Thnx for reply,
I have already updated the drivers & Direct X. RAM & GPU are also re-intalled. Still facing same problem. To run the system using onboard graphics card, on removing Graphics card, system is not booting. There is no signals to monitor, no beeps, no led activities. What may be problem? pl. help.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
sometime after removing/adding a gfx card you need to clear CMOS setting - do this by removing the CMOS battery from mob and put it back again after 2 mins.

Coming to the freezing issue you are facing - most probably there's some issue with the ram modules or Ram slot - try mounting ram modules on different slot - check ram modules ( one at a time ) using memtest app.

OP
J

jeus

I tried changing RAM modules in different slot. Still faced problem. However, it is to be mention here that, GPU temp is raising upto 103 C before lockup. I suspect it is overheating. I removed & replaced CMOS battery. Now system is booting with on board graphic card. Thanks for help.:)

Top Bottom