Full HD TV as PC monitor not working NEED HELP!!!!!!!

gunnergyan123

Broken In
I have PC with following configuration.
Processor Intel core i5 2500k
Mother board with Intel hd 3000 desktop graphics

I have a 32 inch LG LCD TV which I want to use as monitor. But When I connected the TV as monitor to PC through HDMI cable , the picture quality is too bad. Adjusting controls didn't help. This is happening if Intel graphics driver is installed. Surprisingly when Intel graphics driver is not installed on PC, the image quality on desktop is good. I tried connecting the same TV with laptop( with Intel graphics), there too I see ghost effect. Please let me know how to resolve this issue. If not possible should I go for a graphics card ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
msut be some sort of refresh rate sync type issue ... try updating Intel gfx driver, fiddle with driver settings and make sure your monitor running at native resolution and with proper refresh rate. Another thing is it may be an issue with the HDMI cable itslf so make sure it's fine or try using a another HDMI cable.

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
the HDMI cable is ok and working fine .. the gfx driver is updated . resolution is always 1080p . and in native resolution ..in both tv and from gfx control center ..still the same problem .. please help..should i change the graphics card or change the tv..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If the res is 1080p, then what do you mean by the phrase 'bad picture quality'? Is it low resolution or bad color distribution or anything else?

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
The TV is LG Jazz 32LG80FR LCD TV..

though the resolution is 1080p and color depth is 32 bit ..
it shows ghost effect .
u will get difficulty in reading texts in note pad or in any other program like office or mails etc .. or icon names on desktop ..

The TV is LG Jazz 32LG80FR LCD TV..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
how about this :
LG 32LG80FR Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG India

RubySh.

Broken In
I recently got this issue and got it resolved, hope this helps. Mine is with Haier 24 in lcd tv and NVidia graphic card with HDMI connection.
First the issue is only with HDMI and not with VGA connection.
the text display is fuzzy
the display does not fit properly to the edges of the lcd.

Solution
Turn of Clear type text. or try adjusting it.
Set aspect ratio in the tv to dot by dot. this will help fix the screen fit to the edge issue.
Reduce the sharpness on tv settings to get the fuzzy issue fixed.

As your tv is from LG the setting might be a little different from me but try finding similar settings into your own.

Top Bottom