Status
Not open for further replies.

prashantban

Broken In
Hey guys!!!
I want to know all about FTP.
What is FTP???
How to access it and PLZ give some of the ftp server if you know!!!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
FTP stands for 'File Transfer Protocol'. Follow these links to know all about FTP.

*www.filewatcher.com/ftp_faq.html
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

Hope you are satisfied.

eddie

El mooooo
There is a site known as Google...you should learn to use it
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=what+is+ftp&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

tuxfan

Technomancer
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. Whenever someone needs to transfer files to or from a server, there are two ways of doing it:

1. HTTP, using some browser and net based file manager.
2. FTP

HTTP method is slow and inconvenient because ideally HTTP is made for rendering/serving web-pages. FTP is fast because it is specifically made for transferring files.

First thing is to get a FTP client i.e. a software that you install in your machine for FTP. There are various free ones like FileZilla, WS_FTP, SmartFTP, etc.

For WS_FTP, current available versions are all paid or shareware ones. If you want a little old but free version, get it from here. I use this old, free version pretty regularly. It works great and has a pretty clean interface.

BTW, if you want to see how FTP works, download one of these FTP clients and contact me by PM. ;) I will create some temporary FTP account for you and let you have a demo for a few days. Once you use it, you will understand how it works.

PS: For all such basic queries, google is your best friend :) You will get more information than you can ever read.

tuxfan

Technomancer
What do you mean by "websites of FTP"?? FTP is a protocol - File Transfer Protocol! So almost all paid hosting and some free hosting sites let you use FTP.

What are you asking? Please be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom